• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

VOCALOID

... and as I thought, it's impossible even for a native speaker to understand a word of what this thing is 'singing'. Jap voicebanks don't work work with Finnish, apparently.

I just realized the biggest thing wrong with any kind of voicebanks 'singing' is the fact that it doesn't flow like natural voices do. That's what you get when you try to combine separate syllables into singing. :/
It so-un-ds ve-ry un-ple-a-sant by the way

I know Vocaloid isn't for everyone. But do you need to come here raging on it? I don't post in threads about things I don't like.

i love Rin and Len's Adolescence, and anything rinxlen. my cat likes them too. i love the way they love each other.....its so cute...i love their world is mine rendition! twincest has never been so cute. (my avatar says it all.)

... and as I thought, it's impossible even for a native speaker to understand a word of what this thing is 'singing'. Jap voicebanks don't work work with Finnish, apparently.

I just realized the biggest thing wrong with any kind of voicebanks 'singing' is the fact that it doesn't flow like natural voices do. That's what you get when you try to combine separate syllables into singing. :/
It so-un-ds ve-ry un-ple-a-sant by the way

subtitles

some vocaloid songs are better without subbs. (spice.... my eyes burn...) sometimes its better not knowing what those twins get up 2......

Ah, LenRin, my (one of) my most disliked ships that apparently everyone else likes. We meet again.

KaiLen FTW. Well, fanfiction wise anyway. I don't care that much about videos.

This.

It's an interesting concept in a way, but the overflowing anime-ness kind of ruins the whole thing. Besides, they sound almost as annoying as autotuned singers :x

I prefer computer-voices that are meant to sound like computer voices, e.g. robotic ones. The human voice is too natural for this kind of stuff, machines will probably never be able to emulate all the little different tones and details that make real singing as fascinating as it is.

Gumi's probably the closest thing to real sounding as you can get, for a vocaloid. One of her songs actually sounds like a real person singing. Its called Miracle Gumiracle or something like that o.o

I've actually just started liking it, discovered when Ketsu linked to The Riddler Who Won't Solve Riddles in Pwnemon's riddle thread. That is my absolute favorite, and the first one will not get out of my head. I also like Innocence, Double Lariat and almost any one I listen to.

I've actually just started liking it, discovered when Ketsu linked to The Riddler Who Won't Solve Riddles in Pwnemon's riddle thread. That is my absolute favorite, and the first one will not get out of my head. I also like Innocence, Double Lariat and almost any one I listen to.
SO, WHO IS THE CULPRIT?
THE PERSON STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.
COME, SAY THAT PERSON'S NAME,
MY NAME!

Why is that series so confusing?

Miku et al. actually sound good in the hands of a skilled user
You mean, "Miku only sounds halfway decent in the hands of wawoka", right?

Another great mystery in life: why is Melt so popular? The only thing that's going for it is that it sticks in your head like a Hannah Montana song would and never leaves.

I love vocaloid! The music is really catchy. I'm a big fan of Len and Rin myself..I really enjoy "Story of Evil", and "Why haven't you called me yet?". We've got a big vocaloid cosplay group planned for Anime Boston..Should be fun!

Vocaloids are cool, but most songs sound really robotic. There's a few good ones hidden here and there, but, overall, I don't really like their voices. Most of the songs are very catchy though.

RinRin Signal (sp?) actually sounds pretty realistic, minus the speaking parts, which are horrid.

Back
Top Bottom