• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

KIRBY

^metaknightmare was some easy junk. I mean, you have some super tornado and can heal yourself at will.
Easy, but I thought it was a lot of fun. There's just something fundamentally cool about a masked character destroying cute animals with a sword. Actually maybe that's just me.

I'm [hopefully] getting Kirby's Epic Yarn for Christmas. :D I mean, who doesn't love the super-tough pink puff?

Same with me!

In terms of Kirby games I have, I have every handheld Kirby game from GBA or later. So all handhelds between and including Nightmare in Dreamland and Super Star Ultra.

Hahaha I laugh in your face—I get it mid-december!

...Speaking of which, I hope Epic Yarn actually poses a challenge to 100% complete.

I am very disappoint with Epic Yarn. It isn't even like Kirby, more like Mario's epic yarn or Sonic's Epic Yarn.

I am very disappoint with Epic Yarn. It isn't even like Kirby, more like Mario's epic yarn or Sonic's Epic Yarn.

Uh...what? Comparison to Mario maybe, since it does involve more platforming than your standard Kirby game, but Sonic? ....nah.

Anyways, I think it's very much like Kirby. Sure he can't inhale his enemies, but the basics of the gameplay are still there: grab your enemies and throw them back at other enemies. That's been the core of the Kirby series since day one, not the inhaling or the copy abilities, but the grab and throw gameplay. And to be honest, the lack of copy abilities doesn't really bother me. He still has various transformations in game, many classic enemies and songs appear, and it is the cutest thing ever. Just oozing with Kirby goodness if you ask me. (and I could bring up that one Japanese Kirby's Adventure commercial but eh...)

I love it so far. But I have ONE complaint: the dash controls are stiff. I mean stiff. It's rather jarring, because I have Kirby's Adventure on the VC, and its control scheme is IDENTICAL to KEY's. Yet in KA, the controls are rather fluid. I want to know why an NES game works better with the Wii remote than a Wii game does. :/

I think it works perfectly fine. Right now I'm breezing through the game, and I'm at the last world. Honestly, I think the controls are perfectly fluid, and there is a lot of difficulty in store for us completionists. Also, Kirby's Dreamland did have Inhale, yes, but it was exactly the same; Suck up, spit out. This is essentially the same thing. Oh, and the only problem I've had with the controls in Epic Yarn is that I sometimes turn into the weight thing when I didn't press down. That's all, though.

After playing it some today, the controls felt better. Maybe it's just that it felt different since it was my first time playing. After a bit of bad taste with the controls and apparent slowness of the game(although it should be slow, so that you take in the atmosphere more), the game has shown through and delivered exactly what I wanted. It's a wonderful game, with lot's of neat platforming involving the yarn mechanics. You never see a game that has the art and game mechanics weaved together(har har har) like this.

It also has this magic power of brightening my day whenever I play. Must be the overload of adorableness.

I HAVE COMPLETION.

No, seriously. I just 100%'ed the game. I only had to use internet guides for about three levels, and even those were just for stuff I had stupidly missed (treasures). That's a good complaint—The game is too easy to 100%. But. I still am able to customize my apartment.

AAAAA

I got five Kirby games for Christmas

Dreamland, Dreamland 2, Super Star, Super Star Ultra and Epic Yarn. I only need three more games (Dreamland 3, Adventure and Squeak Squad) to complete my collection :3

I've only played three Kirby games: Kirby's Dreamland (Short as hell but GOD I love replaying it, to this day I still haven't beaten the insanely difficult Extra mode, I can't beat Whispy Woods), Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (got it a month ago, just beat MetaKnightmare mode, now it's time for the boss rush), and Kirby 64 (Simply a classic, I can't describe it in any other way), but I love the series! But as much as I love the cute lil' puffball, I eagerly await the day I get to play a game starring King Triple D himself. King Dedede is my favorite fighter on Brawl, and I just like him a lot as a character. Most of it is based on his anime personality. Call me crazy, make fun of me, etc etc, but I actually enjoyed the 4Kids dub. C'mon they made King Dedede sound like Foghorn Leghorn AND gave Meta Knight a badass spanish accent! That and Pokémon were the only animes I didn't mind 4Kids dubbing. However, I'll never forgive those bastards for what they did to One Piece. Then again, I haven't watched the Kirby anime for quite some time though, so meh. The theme song is catchy as hell though, seriously.

I never have played a Kirby game, but I do think he's cute and I want SuperStar Ultra. I also like him in SSB.

Back
Top Bottom