• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

You know you've been at TCoD too long when

I know. To the people who joined after me, I'll be a more experienced memeber to them forever, but to older members, I'll be a newbie forever. So...yeah, pretty much that.
I always lol when people go on about how they're 'more experienced' members. more experienced at what? you just type things and press a button. not much experienced to be gained, sorry to say!

also hi pichuk hi pichuk I think I was friends with you a few years ago on neopets! and do you remember sprites being serious business? I do

isn't it still that way, which is why i hide the artwork boards entirely?

No clue, haven't poked around there yet! Mostly just refreshing this thread and the Homestuck thread like a narcissist fangirl or something.

also if it is it is liberating to hear that other people are living out the days of getting too much emotions over edited pixels the way most of us (? me at least) did when we were younger, like a rite of passage or something H E H

The Felt goes reeeeeeeeally slow when there's a lack of updates.

It goes moderately slow when there's normal updates, though.

You know you've been at TCoD too long if when you first joined, pirates said aarg, ninjas sliced you to pieces, and trolls lived under bridges.

...When you come back three times after year-long absences.

Okay that makes no sense, sue me.

I was going to mention Turbo, but then it occurred to me that you don't really have to be old to remember that. Unfortunately.

When there was still discussion on Turbo's fanfics, then? Those were a few years back, unless I am totally wrong about this.

Dātura;568608 said:
I remember when opal was a new member!

same

Dang it is such a trip to come back and poke around on here after 3 or 4 years of forgetting about it. Just to see all the old people still around and looking back on some things and realising how much of a horrible immature little shit I was lmao.

God it's so weird to remember things like Jolty turning 13 and Freezepop before trolling and the guy with the Murkrow avatar cutting their lip on a beer bottle and whats-his-face getting banned and unbanned and modded all the time and the crushes thread and how skeevy the whole LM thing was in reterospect and how Butterfree used to be some kind of internet god and that she was like only 15 or so when the LM thing went down.

Also thinking I was a little bamf at spriting hahaha oh god jesus.

Basically this is one hell of a nostalgia lane trip right now guys.

AND ALL THIS AND YOU I forgot half of those things until now though, woah

There used to be so much drama :[ There's some in-drama with the youngest crowd here but it's just not as, uh... forum-wide anymore. And I don't think I was ever personally in any of it but it used to be fun to watch back when I wasn't part of the group that actually deals with that sort of thing

...When you come back three times after year-long absences.

Hiiiiii :D

I've not been on here much over the past couple of months, and it's also probably my longest strech of absence since... a very long time ago. But it's sad, because I used to come here and post multiple times a day. Life is busy now ):

I'm also sad because I'm fairly sure I've been here pretty much since forever, but I remember basically none of the things that everyone else does (like who ANYONE WAS before they changed their names in crazy ways).

To add in some way to the topic, though, when I spend too much time here, especially in the debatey threads, I forget that the outside world isn't as concious of social issues. As in, in the non-TCoD world, there are far fewer people who understand issues like feminism and discussions around homosexuality. They don't even have to agree with what I think, I just forget that people not from here often just don't care. Which is always a bit of a sad realisation ):

yes thats me yes i was and sprites were THE MOST SERIOUS THING GRR UR SPRITING WRONG GRR GARRR BLOR!!!!!!!

Whoooooah PichuK???? Holy shit I remember when you were nine, how old are you, you must be like...
ten
by now.
(Younguns never grow up, okay. And you were the original youngun oh man.)

Hiiiiii :D

I've not been on here much over the past couple of months, and it's also probably my longest strech of absence since... a very long time ago. But it's sad, because I used to come here and post multiple times a day. Life is busy now ):

I'm also sad because I'm fairly sure I've been here pretty much since forever, but I remember basically none of the things that everyone else does (like who ANYONE WAS before they changed their names in crazy ways).

To add in some way to the topic, though, when I spend too much time here, especially in the debatey threads, I forget that the outside world isn't as concious of social issues. As in, in the non-TCoD world, there are far fewer people who understand issues like feminism and discussions around homosexuality. They don't even have to agree with what I think, I just forget that people not from here often just don't care. Which is always a bit of a sad realisation ):

danni the quiltbag thread died without you ; ; come baaaaack

When I left there was a major problem with Carnivorous Welcome mats. Something about running out of Foam Swords.

I honestly don't really remember.

Whoooooah PichuK???? Holy shit I remember when you were nine, how old are you, you must be like...
ten
by now.
(Younguns never grow up, okay. And you were the original youngun oh man.)

Unfortunately during my internet travels away from this place I happened upon a spring of youth and now age backwards, im actually 8 years old now.

~*~*~*forum baby*~*~*~

(but hey mate gosh ok this takes me back to like MSN chats back when people still used MSN and the IRC a bit too? is the IRC still around at all :? also im 16 now so... i'm twice as old as i was when i joined. that's one fuck of a thought.)
There used to be so much drama :[ There's some in-drama with the youngest crowd here but it's just not as, uh... forum-wide anymore. And I don't think I was ever personally in any of it but it used to be fun to watch back when I wasn't part of the group that actually deals with that sort of thing
Is it a 'who is the youngest' contest or something :? gosh i remember being like 11 and getting upset that a couple younger people were coming in. It was really silly in retrospect!
Also I'm obviously the ~*~*~*forum baby*~*~*~ and no one can top me

also i just remembered *bricked* and *shot* used to be everywhere

oh lord the bricking and shooting
and the endless spin-offs

... i only ever see shadow on lj any more :(

Back
Top Bottom