• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Windyragon VS Wargle

Shadow Serenity

Lurking
Pronoun
He/Him
2vs2 double
DQ: 7 days
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, Perish Song, direct healing
Field: Pokemon Stadium #2

A simple stadium with a hard packed dirt floor and a large pool of water forming a moat around it. The dirt only goes about three feet down before it hits concrete. The roof has been retracted for flying Pokemon to go wild, and it's slightly cloudy (treated as neutral weather). People sit in the bleachers around the stadium, waiting for a battle to begin.

A small machine has been set up in the corner of the stadium, which spews out a fine mist layer (about a centimeter thick) that almost completely covers the ground and surface of the water. All Pokemon that touch it immediately undergo a temporary evolution to their final stage, which lasts until they faint. So effectively, all Pokemon become their final stage for this battle. There's a high, raised platform for the trainers and referee to stand on so they won't be affected by the mist.

Other: No fully evolved or non-evolving Pokemon.

Windyragon's Active Squad

Valour the Female Spraylet
Ability: Torrent

Sansa the Female Vulpix
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Fire Stone

Janchovii the Male Snivy
Ability: Overgrow

Vuvuzuru the Female Scraggy
Ability: Shed Skin

Ron DeLite the Male Larvitar
Ability: Guts

Ratha the Female Venipede
Ability: Poison Point

Misdreavus
Aradia the Female Misdreavus
Ability: Levitate
Item: Dusk Stone

Troy Sanders the Male Scyther
Ability: Technician
Item: Metal Coat
Move Modification: Acrobatics

Wargle's Active Squad

Ferno the Male Charmander
Ability: Blaze

Slakoth
Sleezy the Male Slakoth
Ability: Truant
Item: Amulet Coin

Kazza the Male Abra
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Lucky Egg

Bronzor
Stamford the Unknown Bronzor
Ability: Levitate
Move Modification: Gravitational Tear

Washibon the Male Rufflet
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Eviolite

Caimanly the Male Sandile
Ability: Intimidate

Martimur the Male Cubchoo
Ability: Snow Cloak

Kosciuszko the Male Wyrmarble
Ability: Rough Skin
Item: Lucky Egg

Scraggy
Scraggy the Male Scraggy
Ability: Moxie
Body Modification: Badassery

Zona the Female Solosis
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Twistedspoon

RNG Says:
Windyragon sends out
Wargle sends out and attacks
Windyragon counterattacks

I have some quick questions regarding the arena, also: Firstly, if I understand the arena, no fully evolved pokemon may be used, however any pokemon that is used will temporarily become their fully evolved form for the duration of the fight, correct? Secondly, I assume this means that the pokemon can use moves that only it's fully evolved form can use while in this state, yes?

Firstly, if I understand the arena, no fully evolved pokemon may be used, however any pokemon that is used will temporarily become their fully evolved form for the duration of the fight, correct? Secondly, I assume this means that the pokemon can use moves that only it's fully evolved form can use while in this state, yes?

Yep, yes to both.

..And of course I send out first :[ Alright then, Valour and Aradia are up :0! Let's ruin some stuff.

Using Kosciuszko and Kazza. Obsidrake yay.

Kazza: Once you spawn two random spoon and a mustache, create a Safeguard. After Safeguard is up, Use a Future Sight at Osgrave. Then give Osgrave a little love tap with Shock Wave. You're the fastest one here, so Taunt shouldn't be a Problem, but if it is, Thunderpunch the offender. If Valour Protects's against the Shock wave, Embargo Aradia, if Taunted, Knock Off Aradia.

Safeguard/Thunderpunch@Taunter ~ Future Sight@Valour ~ Shock Wave@Valour/Embargo@Aradia/Knock Off@Aradia

Kosciuszko: You're the hardest hitter here using the new EXP based formula, so use your power well. Dragon Dance to power up, then hammer Aradia with a Crunch. If she protects, or is phased or unhittable for any reason excluding a Substitute, use Dragon claw on Valour. If you can;t hit her either, use Dig to get underground. After that use Bulk Up to keep strong. If taunted for whatever reason, Crunch Aradia, or if underground, just chill.

Dragon Dance/Crunch@Aradia/Chill ~ Crunch@Aradia/Dragon Claw@Valour/ ~ Bulk Up/Crunch@Aradia/Chill

If there's a loophole there, I don't see it, but I'm not the best at this so.

One last question before Windyradon posts commands. If a pokemon were to, say, leave the fog, would they instantly devolve to their original forms or will they stay evolved until they're defeated? Yes I should have asked this to begin with, don't remind me...

They stay evolved 'til they're defeated. The fog's just flavour, really :D

Let's start with Aradia, then. Snatch that Dragon Dance, then throw some Shadow Balls at Kazza. Simple!

Snatch@Koucujhowdjfrke~Shadow Ball@Kazza x2

And Valour, Blizzard the hell out of your opponents (but not Aradia)! If Blizzard misses Kazza on the first action then make it multi-targetted again on the next, otherwise focus it on Kosciuo-what's his name. Then get right up in Kazza's face and Fake him Out before he can do anything stupid and electric-like.

Blizzard@opponents~Blizzard@opponents\@Kosciuszko~ Fake Out@Kazza

Good god, I can't believe you haven't gotten an E-Ref for this again, already... I'm sorry, I should be whipped. ;_;

Anyways... I will attempt to have this done in the next day or so. Mostly posting here as a reminder to myself to do that...

Back
Top Bottom