• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

8/10
It's a good song, but it's ruined by the Genesis' bad sound quality.

Yes, unfortunately, it is, but for some reason, when you actually play the game, it feels as if the horrible sound quality was overpowered by the music, and sounded a bit better than just listening to it normally.

7/10. It got a little irritating to me, and for some reason felt overdone. If I actually got around to play Mario & Luigi 2, I might actually like it though.

Dona Nobis Pacem - Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2, PSP) The sixth, and final normal battle theme in the game, which begins playing just before the final dungeon shows up, when Kyle starts a quick 1 hour sulk before getting slapped by the heroine. Even better than the 4th one, "Alea Jacta Est", and I really like that one.

Last edited:
8/10
Ooh, good song. Never heard it before.

RATING SOMETHING ALREADY RATED AGAIN LOLS: if Rundas gets 11/10, then Elder Princess Shroob gets 14/10.

Primal Dialga battle music. I haven't played the second set of PMD games, but god I want to.

oh and

9/10, Canvas Curse was AWESOME. Though I don't really have the right to say it's the best DS Kirby, since I still haven't even played (...) the Superstar remake.

hypnotoad.gif

buy it
buy it
buy it
buy it

oh and

hypnotoad.gif

buy it
buy it
buy it
buy it

I'd love to buy it, but I'm still trying to get through Castlevania OoE's Hard mode Lv1. Plus, I'm saving up for Raidou vs King Abbadon for next week, and Knights in the Nightmare ;_;

9/10 Awesome, but not my favorite FF battle theme. I'm more about FF IV, VI, and VIII's music.

Speaking of Sting games... How many people here have played the GBA or PSP (or both) versions of Riviera, and Yggdra Union?

Milanor Sortie! - Yggdra Union, PSP version/Yggdra Union Perfect Sound Collection

One of my favorite SRPGs for the GBA and PSP. It plays when the player commands Milanor to go into battle.

8/10
It's a great song, very catchy and relaxing - But the problem I have with Kirby tracks is they tend to use the same elements and patterns multiple times, often just remixing base songs, and it makes it hard to not see them as somewhat repetitive. It's certainly a great track, but I tend to feel like I'm listening to the same thing a good few times when going into the Kirby series and trying a few out which is preventing me from a rating or two up.

Anyway, my contribution -
"Come in Peace" from Ragnarok Online
RO features some of my favourite game musics ever, which honestly is IMPRESSIVE for an MMO. It's the only one I've played that I haven't muted the music in favour of my own, and I even sometimes play it to the background of OTHER games.
This track was one that played on the first 5 floors of one of the highest level dungeons (Highest at the time I played) and it always made it feel absolutely epic, instead of the droning 50 second dungeon loops typically thrown around - Almost like the BGM to a movie instead of a game.

8/10, I prefer the ones in IV, VI, and VIII

This is from the good ol'e days. And from the only good movie game, aside from The Warriors, and possibly the best FPS ever, aside from Perfect Dark and Timesplitters. Oh, and F.E.A.R; Cradle, from Goldeneye 007, from the Antenna Cradle stage.

8/10
It's epic, but I don't like the James Bond theme a lot.

Love Theme - MOTHER 3
The Brawl version was kind of good, but this beats EVERYTHING. I cried for 20 minutes after finishing MOTHER 3, it really IS more then a game.

8/10 I happen to prefer the Brawl version myself, partly because Michiko Naruke, one of my favorite composers, did the Brawl version.

Speaking of Michiko Naruke...
When the Heart Ignites - Wild ARMs 5

There need to be more Weird West themed JRPGs, like Wild ARMs. With the exception of 4, the series is so awesome. She also composed this with Noriyasu Agematsu, a newcomer to the series. I love the whistle >.<

Last edited:
7/10 For some reason, I didn't really like any of the Sonic games, except for the first Adventure on the Dreamcast, all the Advance ones, and all three DS games.

Be careful - Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Music from the awesome PC remake of Ys III. It's the music that plays in the game's first dungeon, the Tigray Quarry.

8/10
I've never heard of that game, but it was a good song.

Game Over - Total Distortion
There are two kinds of game over, one that gently pats you on your shoulder and asks if you want to try again, the second says bluntly "Game Over" This one is the latter, except it also cuts open a wound in your arm and pours salt into it.

9/10 I remember that xD I still think Raidou vs. The Soulless Army's game over screen is better; It basically tells you that you had no business putting the game into your PS2 in the first place, and to just go die x.X

Haven't You Got Eyes In Your Head? - Slayer's Theme - Guilty Gear XX/XX #Reload/Slash/Accent Core/Accent Core+

Composed by Ishiwatari Daisuke, possibly one of the best current video game composers. As of Guilty Gear XX (X2), he's begun recording music with an entire band, instead of just using synths like he did for the first two. Slayer's theme is probably one of the best in the game, not to mention, he's my favorite character to play as xD

Back
Top Bottom