• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wal-Mart

Dewgong

babababa
Yes, yes this may sound stupid, but from what I see, there's a lot of controversy about Wal-Mart. I've heard many things about employees' health care... I don't really have an opinion, but everybody that I know seems to think it's a terrible place, and they refuse to go there because of the way they treat their employees.

I'm curious to know what everybody thinks about their favorite store.

It needs to be BURNED. When they sold sandals that damaged flesh, guess what they did when it was discovered?

They put the sandals on clearance. Enough said.

That looks... extremely painful. D:
And they put those on clearance? That's terrible.

Oh, and thanks for the link. :3

Well, my mom and dad both work there and they're absolutely fine. They haven't said that the conditions are terrible and haven't complained about anything of the sort. Nor have they said that they've been mistreated in any way.

Though that article about sandals making chemical burns? Eek, I'll be more careful when I buy stuff like that. That's really terrible.

Wal-mart is a hive of scum and villany that has burned peoples flesh with sandals and killed cats. Also you can find the biggest concentration of disgusting things people there ugghh some of the stories i've heard make me want to throw up.

Seriously destroy wal-mart

We have Asda over here (same company, though) and I think they're all awful. Not because they've done anything in particular to offend me, but those massive global corporations really irritate me because they'll set up wherever and push all the locally-owned shops out of businesses and it's really sad. I try and avoid shopping at them when I can.

We have Asda over here (same company, though) and I think they're all awful. Not because they've done anything in particular to offend me, but those massive global corporations really irritate me because they'll set up wherever and push all the locally-owned shops out of businesses and it's really sad. I try and avoid shopping at them when I can.
That's really true - my grandma lives in a town of about 10,000 people and most of the stores are family-owned businesses. Half of them are now gone because of the brand new Wal-Mart built there. It's kind of sickening, really.

That's the fault of the consumers, not the company.

All big companies are the same. Target and K-Mat. The people who whine about it the most are those in those companies.

We depend on Walmart around here. It's pretty much the only store. But, if I had a choice I would buy elsewhere. Not because of the controversy it's because everything is made in China. And isn't even cheap... I don't wish to give money to the Chinese army.

There is a non Chinese in some other stores. Just not any of the big chain stores. Since they make more of a profit of selling cheap shit.

Wal-Mart, never low prices. I've never seen anything that'd I want to buy that had a price lower than just a few cent of its normal price.

good old capitalism

ゼニガメ26;50398 said:
Wal-Mart, never low prices. I've never seen anything that'd I want to buy that had a price lower than just a few cent of its normal price.
that's still lower, which is all they're going for

Our Wal-Mart is the only place that sells PC games anymore. I'd debate about this more, but I must run to Wal-Mart for some more pop.

That's the fault of the consumers, not the company.

I agree in part, but multi-billion corporations can mass-produce things cheaply on scales unimaginable to smaller businesses, and, sadly, when faced with the option to have something cheaper, people will take it, regardless of where it was sourced, how it was manufactured, the energy used to make/transport it or whatever. I'd say it's the fault of both.

We don't really go to Asda or anything... my mum usually buys everything from TESCO, and the occasional thing from Iceland if she's down town.

So yeah, no Wal-Mart or Asda for us. :D But they sound terrible, so I'm glad.

Tesco just as bad, really; it's just confined to one country (I think... who am I kidding; it's probably owned by some huge American corporation that owns Disney and CNN and everything else).

And I despise Iceland (the UK-centred chain frozen food shop) simply for their slogan "That's why mums go to Iceland". sf;ofd sexism rawr.

I agree in part, but multi-billion corporations can mass-produce things cheaply on scales unimaginable to smaller businesses, and, sadly, when faced with the option to have something cheaper, people will take it, regardless of where it was sourced, how it was manufactured, the energy used to make/transport it or whatever. I'd say it's the fault of both.

If an independent company makes and sells its own product they can sell it for much cheaper and still make profit.

Gckt... Walmart...

Our mall, our ONLY mall here, is being turned into a strip mall, with many places like Saan's (which is also a chain store but meh) being forced to close down. And guess when that happened? Yep, when Walmart AND Supercenter moved in >.<

My parents are actually shopping at Walmart for groceries (yep, our Walmart is practically a whole mall). Only thing I buy there? Video Games. After all, the games still come from Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft x.x And Walmart is the only place I can afford

>.> My parents want me to apply everywhere to get a job, including Walmart. For me, Walmart is last ditch

Back
Top Bottom