• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Classic and Gamecube controllers banned.

*shrug* Sucks, but not world-ending or anything. Anyone who wanted one probably has one already, and I'm sure Nintendo will have an alternative up quickly.

Wait, how did the Classic Controller get pulled? It looks exactly like the Super Nintendo controller on steroids.

Oh well, this should mean a Classic Controller with vibration, hopefully.

Anascape tried to sue Nintendo for the Wiimote motion sensor thing, too. :/ Has the company even made any games?

I wanted a classic controller for a while. I guess I'll have to buy one off eBay.
Really, this is suckish. My Gamecueb controllers are not going to work forever. I'm lucky enough to have four working ones, but shoudl something happen, I can't buy another one anymore.

Nuu ;-;

I have four controllers, but the wireless ones need new batteries.

Although they'll probably have an alternative.

Darn it. D:

On the bright side, I have a Classic Controller and four GC ones. ^^

Wait, what happened exactly?

wikipedia said:
Anascape Ltd filed a lawsuit against Nintendo claiming that the Classic Controller and other Nintendo devices violated Anascape's "six degrees of freedom" interface device patent. In July 2008 the verdict ruled in favor of Anascape; Nintendo was ordered to stop selling the Classic Controller in the United States until further notice. Nintendo has exercised the right to continue selling the Classic Controller pending a verdict at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

It's a shame too, they released a really cool Super Famicom controller one in Japan. I'd import one if I knew where and that it'd work here.

I wonder if there will still be those stupid 3rd party gamecube controllers that break after almost a year.

*sigh* Who do Anascape think they are? It's not like someone could use a Nintendo controller for their own product (What do they make anyway? They're not on Wikipedia). If they really cared so much about it, then why didn't they do this years ago when the Gamecube first came out?
If they wanted money so badly, why didn't they just sell the patent to Nintendo, which not only would have gotten the money they wanted, but it would prevent people from hating them for causing such a huge commotion ¬_¬

Anascape is nothing more than a patent troll. They file generic patents and use lawsuits to gain plenty of revenue. I'm sure there's a legal loophole to break up the company.

Anascape is nothing more than a patent troll. They file generic patents and use lawsuits to gain plenty of revenue. I'm sure there's a legal loophole to break up the company.

We must find it and get our controllers back

Anyone know a lawyer?

Well, it makes more sense to sue them now because they get more money.

One news source says Anascape wants to start making video games but Anascape claims Nintendo has clogged up the industry.

Well, it makes more sense to sue them now because they get more money.

One news source says Anascape wants to start making video games but Anascape claims Nintendo has clogged up the industry.

Yet Sony, Microsoft, and the bazilion thrid party companies don't stop.

Soon they'll sue Nintendo because they had the idea for superhero monsters you can control, an elf with a sword that must defeat darkness, and a plumber who's arch-nemesis is a turtle.

lol patent trolls

isn't the patent system great kids

invent something obvious, patent it, then wait for someone else to invent it independently and profit off of it so you can sue them

wow what

ugh that sucks :( i wanted a classic controller, they look nice and it's probably a hell of a lot easier to play super mario world on them. and yeah like someone else said, the gamecube controllers won't work forever o.o do i have to turn to ebay once mine break? ;-; whyyyy! wait why were the two banned? i didn't hear of this till i saw this thread v_v that really sucks, i don't like the wii remote very much and i prefer an actual controller to a remote, the wii remote just feels so awkward to use. i hope thye at least make some new kind of classic controller or something ;_;

Back
Top Bottom