• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Battle Royale

((Uhm, Gardevoir. That isn't actually possible. You can't change the effects of someone else's attack like that. The attack is pulling, not pushing, and you can't change the direction of the force as the source of the force is Lunar, and it would only be his desicion to change what he's doing. In other words, get your Linoone back here now!

Also, thanks for the choice of area to be struck, Metallic Deoxys! Unfortunately, I won't be able to decide until Gardevoir realises what she did was impossible.))

((Basically, put it this way. If you were being pulled by someone's arms, then you can't run faster. You're being trapped and dragged closer. The psychic powers are basically just an extra long pair of arms. You can't use them to go faster.))

((I know, but I turned around. Let me start over anyway.))
Bumpy felt himself being slowed down. He cried out, digging his claws into the ground, but he couldn't stop moving. He wondered what would happen with him now....

((Turning around doesn't change the direction that the force is acting.))

The Espeon sent a whiplash down the psychic connection, to attempt to fling the Linoone into the air. It would be easy prey for a Grovyle then. In the dark, the wave-like psychic energy became clearly visible, heading towards the Linoone. Any second now, and then-

Another sharp pain echoed throughout the Espeon's body. The Machoke had thrown a suprise blow to his side, again on one of his hidden burns. The Espeon turned to face the Machoke, lying on the floor. His glare carried psychic energy, weaving its way into the tall, grey Pokémon's head. Lunar hoped to at least confuse the Machoke long enough so that it would start hitting itself.

Whilst this was happening, Xyvine made a run, keeping pace with the wave of light which ever-approched the newly-evolved Linoone. His neon blades glowing, with a savage look upon his face. It was time for Bumpy to say goodbye.

((I am confused, as is Fist.))

Fist looked around. "Wha?" He didn't have the tiniest idea of what to do. He saw a Grovyle approach. "What is that? It must be candy." He walked over and attempted to punch it. He succeeded, but he recieved damage from the attack too. "Wait, what am I doing? That's not candy! It's chocolate!" He walked around dizzily, tripped and rolled down the hill on his side. "Whee! Bumpy! Whoops- Look out! Bumpy! Oops! Wheee!" He shouted all this while rolling down the hill; it was easy to hear from the top of the hill.

((So you're pulling on him from both sides? If you were, then he would stretch and stretch until he didn't exist. If you were pulling... oh wait. I get it now.))
Bumpy could see two attacks heading toward him. They were almost unstoppable.
No...
He decided he would make one final move. He was flung into the air, but with his new agility, he flipped in midair, and fell head and claws first towards the attacking Grovyle.
This is my last chance... he prayed silently, please make it work!

The Grovyle felt a punch, then saw a lot of blood covering one of his neon green leaves. The grey, muscular Pokémon had punched him on his leaf blade. Slightly confused as to why the Machoke was now insane, he looked behind himself, continuing to head forewards and saw the grinning Espeon.
"Nice one!" the Grovyle called to the Espeon. Lunar could only roll himself onto his back and try to recover from the attacks.
"I'll be there in a minute... or twenty," he yelled back, "keep going!"

The Grovyle turned around, and jumped up to make the final blow. The psychic attack had done its job, the only flaw being that the Linoone's increased agaility had allowed it to counter attack. Its blindness should help the Grovyle move it on to the next world.

Fist continued rolling down the hill until he reached the bottom. "Ow! Ouch! Look out, bumpy! Wheee!" He stood up. "What was that back there? Oh, my bag!" He began to trek back up the hill. "Darn it."

Would this work?
Bumpy could feel his claws hit the Grovyle's blade. He raked them down the blade, causing his head to crash into the Grovyle's. He fell to the ground. The Linoone was a bit dazed, but he managed to get up. He noticed a cut on his left foreleg. He wouldn't be able to run quite so fast now. But still, he fled south, not directly towards where Carnage was. Bumpy was full of fear and shock, and just needed to get away from all enemies. He knew Carnage was a friend, but why take the chance?
Bumpy shook his head. He shouldn't doubt the Victreebel. He just wanted to head somewhere else for now.

Xyvine's blades clashed with the Linoone's claws, causing a slight scraping noise. He fell, and watched the Linoone scarper towards the south. Xyvine reached into his bag and got out the rest of the bread, approached Lunar and shoved it into his mouth.
"Gack!" the Espeon yelled in suprise.
"Just chew it and swallow."

When Xyvine was focusing on Lunar, Fist snuck up behind the Grovyle, snatched his own (Fist's) bag, ran back down the hill and quickly went into his original position so it would look like nothing happened. He wandered further in the direction he was originally heading.

"The Machoke just took a bag," Lunar croaked.
"It doesn't matter. I bet Voyne is coming now. You're in no fit state to battle."
"I'll fight anyway," the Espeon sighed. "I can escape when I want. It's just a case of getting you to win. When the collar goes off, they think you're dead. As far as they know, I'm dead already." Xyvine inhaled and then proceeded to exhale, his breath condensing into a thick fog before his face.
"Lunar, you can't go on like this. I'll go alone."
The black cat's face drooped.
"You can have the rest of my bread, water, whatever. We shouldn't split up. They'll just get us more quickly." He tried to move, but couldn't. "Just another minute. I'll be fine. I promise." He began charging his only healing move, Morning Sun.

Bumpy had almost reached the place where he had been heading. He needed to use scent, and partly memory, now. Slowing down to a walk, the Linoone put his nose to the ground. The scent of blood and fire was still on this place. Then his paw touched soft earth. This was where Hanabi was buried. With all the stress, he needed to be closer to her somehow.
Bumpy closed his eyes and lay his head on the grave, his breathing slowing down until he was half-asleep.
Hanabi... how will I go on without you?

"Oh, there you are!" Voyne exclaimed as he came lumbering across the grass in that typical rag-tag fashion of his, headed up the hill towards the Espeon and Grovyle couple. "I was looking for you two."

He straggled towards his intended victims, excitedly slamming his spiked fists into each other as he did so, perhaps in an attempt to look menacing. As he came closer, he could - if he squinted a little - see that the two were quite roughened up. Voyne frowned inwardly. If they were all worn out, he wasn't really going to enjoy it as much.

"Oh, you guys have been up to something, haven't you? It sure has been a while!"

He glanced down at his feet. "Man, I wish I could walk faster. I wish I could bend my legs properly. They're all, you know, like this" - he raised a leg and twisted it awkwardly - "and it's kinda hard to catch up with you guys when you have legs like these, you know? Well, I'm glad we're all one big happy family now!"

He smirked.

Bumpy's eyes soon became fully blind as he phased into a dream-like state. Hanabi was standing in front of him. She said, "Hello again, Bumpy. What are you here for?"
"I just wanted to see you," he answered calmly. "With a friend as close as you were, and still are, I don't know how I'd survive without company."
Hanabi replied, "Don't depend on me too much. You need to lead a life of your own also."
Bumpy frowned.
"I'll still be here for you," the Magby reassured. "But you need to continue on your destiny's path."
Bumpy's heart was heavy, but he nodded. "See you, Hanabi."
He blinked and returned back into the real world, marking the grave with a heart he dug with his claws. He then headed back to see how Carnage was doing just sitting there.

"What's your game?" the Espeon enquired. His voice echoed in the surrounding people's heads. "Where's Glion?" He rolled onto his front, and clambered back to his feet. The replenishing energy of a Morning Sun attack did wonders for the body. Although it didn't heal the burns, it stopped all of the cuts and grazes.

Xyvine warily stared at the Cacturne, fear making his body vibrate and shiver. His green arm-leaves were wobbling from the potential of another battle.

If there's one thing the Grovyle had noticed, it was how Lunar and himself had both changed in just a few hors of being on the island. Before leaving the Magmortar infested room, the pair never would have contemplated killing another being. They would have run for their lives. Now, the Espeon and Grovyle were in stance, ready to spring at another student, prepared to kill him.

"Glion?" Voyne raised a thorny eyebrow and looked back. "He's... somewhere, I don't know... Well, who needs him, anyway? I'm not afraid of your psychic mind games, and let's face it, you haven't got much else to throw at me, have you?"

He gestured vaguely towards Xyvine. "And as for that guy - well, what's he gonna do, cut me?"

Voyne's smirk broadened as he faced them, eyeing them both from top to toe. For a moment, the look on his face betrayed that he was surprised, that his two soon-to-be victims were so willing to fight him; still, as long as they didn't run any more, he was pleased. All that walking had really drained him. Well, finally, he was going to get what he was owed. So much potential for bloodshed on this island, and he hadn't had the chance to be a part of it yet...

With a sudden flourish, Voyne fired a Pin Missile volley at the Espeon.

"This'll only hurt for a split second, and then another one, and then another one...!"

The Espeon saw the rag tag Pokémon throw a volley of missile-like needles at him. He closed his eyes and enveloped himself in a bright shield. Some of the pins were sharp enough to at least become stuck in the barrier whereas the others bounced harmlessly to the ground.

"You've been following us for so long! Give up. You're not taking us!" Xyvine yelled before charging at the aboninable cactus. The leaves on his fore-arms sharpened into the familiar blade-like protrusions.

((I just wanted to make a not that Espeon is now the master of this RP. I'm sorry if this offends anyone. I've just sorta drifted from here again. ._.;))

Back
Top Bottom