• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

School

I liek Squirtles

sobble squad
Pronoun
he
So, when do you start? Are you excited? Are you taking any special classes at all? What year/grade are you going to? Are you moving schools? Have you declared a major? The potential questions are endless.

Personally, I'm really excited. Junior year will be a blast, especially because the classes will be challenging and so will the time management. I'm taking both of the available AP courses (AP Literature and AP US History), so that, combined with my infinity of clubs and extracurricular activities, will be particularly fun to handle.

Ahhh school! I'm looking forward to my next year, which begins in September. Unfortunately, I don't yet have senior privilege, so due to a recent move I had to transfer schools. So this school year's gonna be a blind run :3 I do enjoy school in general though.

I'm starting my Junior year as well. I'm taking AP English Language and AP US History, as well as dual enrollment Precal and Trig. I'm also in Drama, so I'll be getting some bigger roles in the plays that we do. I'm really excited.
Still need to finish AP summer reading though.

Starting senior year of college, taking chemistry, developmental psychology, an ethics class, band, guitar and piano lessons, and jazz band. It's a more diverse schedule than I've had in the past and I'm pretty pumped for it. No actual music classes, only performance-stuff! That'll be different.

I'm gonna go study writing at an institute (or whatever it's called in English), it seems like a pretty cool place from what I've seen. I'm going there next week and I'm both excited and terrified aaaah :O

This is my maybe (?) last year of school! I have a counselor meeting soon to pick my classes and that'll determine whether I finish this year or the next. Regardless, I'm pretty excited! It's my first year back in public school since middle school and I get to do orchestra this time. Also, I'm pretty hyped for precalculus! I should get a lot of elective room next year since most of my classes will be through with, so I'm mostly looking forward to that, but. Honestly I've missed actual school a lot and I'm pretty excited about being a part of it again!

I graduated from a standard highschool about two-three years ago, and I was in uni but left because I, for a lack of a better word, suck at school lol

I move into college on Thursday.

At this point I just am not sure what's going on. But I'm sure it'll all fall into place eventually.

Maybe this semester I won't fail a class needed for my major and then decide to become a vet over the summer.

Real answer: I'm going back a week from this Saturday and have Zoology, Ethics, History of the English Language, and a Social Psychology class. Fun fun.

ooooo this fall semester I'm starting my new Theater major! I'm very, very excited, it's going to be a lot of fun and I'm finally going to do something I'm passionate about after spending the first three years of college doing something else. I also just turned 21 and moved to a house closer to downtown, so I'm looking forward to a lot of new experiences this year :)

hooray for sophomore year!! (just kidding i'm not really excited about it and so far i only really like AP Euro History, Chemistry, Band and Programming)

You guys are lucky, I had to start school in early August...

However saying that, I'm really enjoying school lately. Once you've been in high school a year or two your options really open up. More electives, more ways to spend your time, etc.
Last year was terrible though, the teachers still treat you like you're in middle school when you're in 9th grade...

looking over this thread made me feel old :(

i'm going into my last year of college! (what. when did i become this adult.) it's a little hectic - i scheduled myself a six-hour block of classes twice a week - but i'm totally ready.

i'm taking a tap class, a values seminar about the ecological crisis (which is actually quite decent!), my senior seminar (which is very "HERE'S HOW TO GET AUDITIONS IN THE REAL WORLD" which is FANTASTIC), a class on irish music (again.....) and an advanced musical theater class which is all scene work and i'm so excited. (also an actually useful health class!)

being a theater major is chaos but SO MUCH FUN because there's always something happening and then everyone knows who you are and they all join you at the bar for your twenty-first birthday.

being a theater major is chaos but SO MUCH FUN because there's always something happening and then everyone knows who you are and they all join you at the bar for your twenty-first birthday.

Pretty much this has been my life for two weeks and I couldn't be more thrilled. I've started three different pocket notebooks for various purposes and content and they're well on their way to being filled, I've already had an audition that I prepared for in less than a day--and I've managed to still balance recreational activities in there and find the time to unwind (albeit not all too often). I feel like a broken record but I can't properly express how gloriously right this decision was. It's like sunlight constantly on my face. At a recent rehearsal my overstudy, another actress, and the stage manager all individually asked me about/handed me a form concerning pledging Theta Alpha Phi and I think I'm going to do it. I'll look into it for sure.

it's happening

anyway all my classes now are really involved and abstract. Three days a week, two people practice monologues while the teacher stops and corrects them. Every Friday, one of my classes lies on the floor in a circle and goes into a relaxation state to observe the vibrations in our bodies as we make different noises. I'm in a dance class and it is so much fun I'm just really enjoying this year so far

Last edited:
I started school in August, and went to this summer camp in Wisconsin. There, the kids were saying they start in September!! NO FAIR!!

lol yeah us northern states have a law against starting until after labor day
or was it memorial day?
i can't remember.
Either way, I still think we should do multiple smaller breaks instead of one huge break.
Unless your school has no AC.
In which case your school has flawed priorities. Ever hear of the Summer Slide? It's a real issue in this country

lol yeah us northern states have a law against starting until after labor day
or was it memorial day?

It's labor day; memorial day is in May, and I'm not keen on starting school in June.

Either way, I still think we should do multiple smaller breaks instead of one huge break.

This is actually a thing, believe it or not! They're called "year-round" schools, and my district made some of the elementaries into them (not mine, though). It's like you said; they have 2 week intermissions (read: breaks) every 3 months or so, and have school year-round otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom