• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Open The Character Materialization Shop (Among other things)

Re: The Character Materialization Shop

TEMPORARY LINK POWERS GOGOGO

Okay, so could you please draw Vercin and Reggie and Fredward, please? Though that would be the most interesting picture in the world, they do not need to be in the same image.

Your art is so cool.

I can try, yeah. Have no idea what Vercin's deal is, though. Very odd sounding. Also, Amityville, hell yesssssssss...

Update to Lirris: I am having a LOT of trouble with the sketch. Seriously, you have a knack for picking stuff that is hard for no reason. I don't know why I'm having issues, but I am. Mostly Atem, actually. She's got a very strange wardrobe that is difficult.

Sup? By the looks of it, you have a spot open there.

May I ask you to draw Taras for me?

Well then it's good that I make these requests, as they challenge you and help you become even better at drawing.

WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME, YOSHI, WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THE REQUESTS AFTER ALL THIS TIME ARE YOU IGNORING US AGASAIJHDSOIHGSALKJF-

Shut up, this took a long time to even decide on composition. And then two people joined. :p Lirris' request, right nyah. I'm in a fulfilling mood, so maybe I'll get the others done soon. I forgot if there are any other multi-character protraits, but I hope not. *To the list*

Oh, and still closed on requests.

Oh, god, I am useless. D: Dropping requests of inactive members. Eesh.

HOWEVER. I am re-opening this. With the additional offer of Avatars and Banners. I changed the first post, so you may want to check that out. Only real big new thing is that I will no longer accept any more than two characters per request.

Not that you should request from me, as undependable as I've proven. But if you feel like it, then do it.

To kick off this bumping of my thread, I have Thorne's old Request of Taras from Relic of the Lost God. You never said I had to color it, so I didn't.

Taras.png

ALSO, I don't do GIFs, so don't ask for one, but I made this one because I could. :3

gifs_are_hard_by_black_yoshi_99-d582sgs.gif

Aaaaand just realized that The Great and Powerful Trixie might still want her two incarnations of Kiara. ._. I am feeling like such a failure now. [/shame]

If you wouldn't mind, these two together...

ONE

Name: Evan "Zero" Kurohari
Species: Human
Appearance: Evan stands at a sturdy 5' 10", and weighs 178 lbs. He is built quite thick, and muscular, unlike many of his ancestor's, but has a more youthful face, built in a much more delicate appearance. Evan has straight brown hair that is often well kept, and has deep green eyes. Evan wears a white T-Shirt with a black, green, and red flannel shirt over top, and never buttoned up. He wears a heavy pair of khaki cargo shorts that all below his knees, and has thick brown hiking boots.
Personal Items: An ancient model of the PokeTech version 5, a Pokemon Translator,
Personality: Evan is a hard working, outwardly cheery guy, and will often be willing to lend a helping hand. He is quite intelligent, and has been gifted with photographic memory. Evan, however, is often silently plotting, and judging in his mind, keeping note of all facts and numbers for whatever plans he may have.
History: Evan was born in Holly Town, a small coastal town in south-western Sinnoh. He was raised by his father to be caring to Pokemon, as the Kurohari family has always been, even through the past century of distrust between humans and Pokemon. At age five he was bestowed his own Pichu, a long standing Kurohari tradition, yet an odd diversion, as he is not descended from the first-born of Nanka Kurohari, but yet the second born, whose descendents were allowed the privilage of the Pichu line after it was clear that the first-born had no intents of having children.

Evan grew up in a secluded town, where everyone knew everyone, and everyone was wary of outsiders, due to their continued practice of freindships with Pokemon. He raised his close companion, Stimpz, a now Raichu, to be as hardworking as he, ironing out many of the hyper-active traits of the Raichu's family line. Evan eventually inherited the family ranch, which had been slowly converted to a farm in most of the area, the remaining which being too rocky, or dry to be a suitable agricultural source.

Evan watched carefully as to the happenings of the outside world, and when he noticed the surcfacing of Team Unity, he decided to keep close tabs on the group, making sure to know exactly what was going on. When he caught wind of the Mt Silver discovery, he left the care of his ranch to his father again, who had remained in town due to the outside worlds wariness of Pokemon, and left for Johto on an old boat from a time long ago.
Other: Holly Town is located west-north-west of Twinleaf Town, and became secluded from the rest of the world about five years after the riots had begun. The entire community is still on good terms with Pokemon, and is one of the few places where wild Pokemon needn't worry about hostilities from Pokemon.

Evan is the Descendent of my characters, Nanka Kurohari, and his son, Alex Kurohari, for those familiar with the characters. Evan was named directly after Nanka's middle name, and his nickname "Zero" pertains to his intolerance of slackers.

TWO

Name: Stimpz
Species: Raichu

Appearance: Looks like the average Raichu, but has a small tuft of fur that looks like hair popping off of his forehead, and a large chunk of his right ear is missing.
Clothing: Stimpz wears a red and black paisly bandana around his neck, the same one worn by a Pokemon who was one of Evan's ancestor's team members. He also wears a straw cowboy hat.
Personal Items: A Light Ball on a necklace

Personality: Due to being raised by the hardworking, no-nonsense, anti-slacker Evan, Stimpz's personality has had it's family traits rubbed well out, and he is much more reliable and hard-working than his ancestors. He also has a problem with authority not delivered from Evan, and has a heated temper. Stimpz is more wary of things than Evan, and often provides a second opinion to decisions made by Evan

History: Stimpz was raised by Evan on the Kurohari ranch, where the two of them were inseperable. With the use of the Pokemon Translator in Evan's possesion, the two of them bonded very closely, and their relationship could be regarded as close as brothers. Stimpz evolved to a Pikachu at age 7, where he began to truly understand the hard-working attitude of Evan, and proceeded to follow suit. At 15, a chip of stone was carved off of the great Thunderstone that resided on the Kurohari Ranch, and Stimpz evolved into a Raichu.

He and Evan worked hard together to maintain the farm, as well as the remaining denziens of the ranch, and he often gave his two cents about any decision Evan made in regards to Team Unity, and when the time came for Evan to depart to support them following the Mt Silver discovery, Stimpz followed him by his side.

Moves: Thunderpunch/Strength/Brick Break/Fake Out

Other: Stimpz's ability is Static. Stimpz is named after Stimpacks, a fictional healing item that stimulates the body's ability to heal itself.

HELL YES

So I was writing this story, meant to be the first of a trilogy, but I ended up scrapping it. I still have my plans and character descriptions, however :x
Maybe seeing my characters will motivate me to write again!
Doubt it, but a little optimism can't hurt ^-^'

Name: Kolyma

Appearance: Straight, dark blue hair that goes halfway down her back. (Dark blue as in, not navy blue, but somewhat like a deep sapphire color.) Eyes of another shade of blue, something like azure. Somewhat fair, slightly tan skin.
As for her attire, I haven't really thought this through much. Her dragon is of the water element, so she does a lot of swimming - a bathing suit, perhaps, or at least something skintight so as not to cause too much resistance in the water. For bathing suit, I kind of imagine a one-piece, something somewhat sexy but badass. Also, she's about 15 in the story, if that's significant here. Or maybe you can decide on a more casual outfit based on her personality?

Personality: Kolyma had been very independent even before the journey in the story began - with a strict father (the oppressive king of their little island, no less) and no mother, she was constantly running away from home and making little shelters in trees or in caves in the mountain, living only with her Bond, a Water dragon named Cayuga. Though her father claimed to be searching for her for her own safety, Kolyma had her suspicions that he was hiding something from her and left the island with Cayuga to protect the dragon.
Perhaps because of this, during the journeys, Kolyma tends to be untrustworthy of most other humans she meets. She is compassionate, however, and cares for the younger ones in the group as if they were her own siblings, even if she still doesn't talk much to people. Kolyma does enjoy learning about non-human magical creatures, and will try to befriend them whenever possible. As long as something doesn't try to attack her straight away, she'll try to converse with it and learn as much about it as she can. She likes a good riddle here and there, but mostly uses her brain to learn about local legends and wildlife.

Other: She doesn't need to have a background, but if you do want to give her one, she'd either be in a cave with a fire going in the middle and some clothes and other belongings in the background, or in a forest clearing next to a huge lake.

Bonus points if you can draw either epically detailed dragons or chibi versions of my characters with their dragons, because I may be coming back here a lot. Might even print out these little pictures and paste them into my book for writing motivation ;)
There are seven main human characters, each with a different dragon Bond. If I like them all, I may even come back for other characters or creatures here and there - think you can do this?

Oh look, it's me again. Your most favorite-ist customer. :D
Oh, and... You know very well who this is >.>

Name: Ulqi

Appearance: Standing at 5'8, Ulqi has an average build, with fair skin that has the consistency of velvet, and long fingers. Her hair is a pitch black and is somewhat spiky and messy, and reaches the end of her spine. Her eyes are an icy blue.

Clothes-wise, Ulqi sports a royal blue hoodie with the words "PIERCE" in black letters (which are in fact outlined in white, so asdfghjkl) over a plain black tee-shirt. She wears faded blue jeans, and neon orange Converse high-tops to boot. On her left ring finger is a silver class ring, and a sapphire gem stone is in it.

Personality: If all else fails, Ulqi is very quirky. While she is hardworking, she can be a chronic procrastinator, and even though she is creative and colorful, she can be dull and morbid in certain situations. Nevertheless, she is friendly and bubbly, and likes to be with her two awesome friends (Oh, you know those two people, don't you, Yoshi? :3). It should be noted that she has a rather obsessive nature, often shown by how she is addicted to certain fandoms, though her current fixation is rather... scattered, actually. Because of this trait, she will usually coin phrases and terms from said obsessions, which can be slightly confusing at times. She also likes to mess with people's heads, using silent manipulation. She is intelligent and witty, but her loathing for staying individualized instead of going with the flow is strong, which can occasionally lead to hostility or rudeness.

Other: LET IT ROCK.

Hey, cool to see you back in business.

I have a special request. I need a cover for my Skyrim fanfic, would you be willing?

Edit: Just noticed this is my 3,300th post, what the shit?

EDITOFTHEEDIT'SEDIT:

Hey look, a character sheet.

Name: Revak/Talos/Tiber Septim/Wulf/Hjaalti Early-Beard/God of War and Governance/Ninth Divine/Dragon of the North/The One/Dragonborn/Dovahkiin/ You get the point here right? Short: Revak

Appearance:
Race: Nord
Features: Bold, no facial hair, attractive.
Height: At least six feet
Hair: Cropped dark blonde
Eyes: 'Midnight' Blue
Build: Muscular/athletic
Apparel: Steel armor/horned helm (game terms, steel armor w/spaulders, steel nordic guantlets, steel boots, ancient Nord steel helmet), later Blades armor.
Weapon: Akaviri Katana/steel shield/blades shield.

In story description examples:
He walked to the stream and looked at his own reflection and did a double take. This was the first time he'd really gotten a chance to see himself. He looked as he had when he was a young man. His blond hair cropped short, his eyes deep blue; his features were fair and defined, at least for a Nord, even though he was covered in dirt and muck. Stubble had already started to grow on his face making his face look a little rough. Revak removed his gauntlets and used the cool water to rinse the dirt and blood from his arms, neck and face.

It wasn't for some time that the mountain groaned as the Dragonborn's Shouts cleared the path to the Throat of the World. When he saw the man clear the summit he felt a sort of pride in his heart of hearts. He was young Nord, his hair short and light. The Nords, he thought, a blessed race to be sure. He was wearing heavy steel armor beneath a dark wool cloak that protected him from the chill in the mountain air.

She looked up at him, taking in the sight of him. His hair was slightly longer than she remembered; a testament to the time that had passed since she last saw him. He must have been on the road for quite some time, for the start of a sparse beard was appearing on his cheeks. But it was his eyes that drew her in. Before they had been bright and friendly, but something inside them had changed. His eyes were the eyes of an old man. There was wisdom in them, wisdom of the world, like he saw more than the normal person did. They were experienced eyes.

The Dragonborn scowled, his blade still hovering in Cato's direction. "Explain yourself then," he said with malice. The Dragonborn was exactly what Cato had expected him to be. The Nord was large and built like a stone wall. He wore fine steel armor, and a horned helm rested on his head, blocking his face and making any attempts to read his expression impossible. His blade was thin and slightly curved; very odd looking indeed. Cato had only seen a blade like that once before, the Blade, Delphine. Yet, despite his obvious rage, the Dragonborn seemed controlled, his body was calm, his actions decisive and calculated. The Dragonborn was a force to be reckoned with, and Cato was not eager to cross blades with him.

Personality: Revak is special, probably because that's not his real name. We all know the story of Skyrim, so let's keep this short. Revak is Talos, the Ninth Divine, who's come back to the mortal world to stop an evil dragon from snacking on mortal souls.

Revak's a mix of old and new. He hates the Thalmor, and is slightly racist in that sense in that he hates both Dunmer and Altmer. He is quick to trust, and makes friends easily, but he has a temper that once started is hard to control. When he sets out to do something nothing will stand in his way. He has the ability to control his 'Divine Aura' calling upon the power of the Divines trapped in Nirn to give him extra strength for short periods of time. Plus he's Dragonborn.

We also must remember that he is a god, but not in this form, only when he calls upon his Divine Aura. But as a god, and because he lived his mortal life already and has seemingly lived for more than a thousand years as a Divine, he is wise, philisophical, and teeming with experience. He often seems wiser than his apparent age of mid twenties.

In battle he is an unstoppable killing machine, dropping dragons and mer with ease and Shouts.

Other: Looking for something with a darker feel, since this isn't a very... happy story. Dark and bold and bloody so to speak.

He's pretty much the standard Dragonborn from the trailers, but with short hair and wearing steel armor.

Last edited:
HEY. Guess who never entirely forgot you guys for once? This guy. I apologize for my stupidity and procrastination. Lirris, especially, because I finished yours, like, five hours after you requested and thought "OH I'M GONNA BE SO COOL CAUSE I'M GONNA POST MORE THAN ONE DRAWING AT A TIME HAHAHA." That was stupid.

Anyway, I got two here.

That's a cool shirt, Zero, where can I find one? Seriously, I want that shirt.

ZeroandStimpzshaded.png

Kolyma is in a swimsuit of some kind. And a chibi Kolyma is there too, but she's just lines. The wing looks smaller than it did in my initial sketch, and it's pissing me off... When did I make it smaller?

DragonAndstuffcopy.png

S'all for now. GAWD YOSHI Y U NO DRAW FASTER. OR BETTER. MAKE IT WORTH THE WAIT. I'll try.

Name: Peter Whitewater

Appearance: A sprite of him. If you need more: About 5'8", slim, atheletic build, thick light-brown hair about neck-length that comes out in a long bang in the front on his right side. He wears a red-and-gray striped jacket with a black t-shirt underneath, tan cargo-pants, black-and-cyan striped shoes, a black baseball cap with a cyan front, and a gray-and-black bag.

Personality: He's a little cocky, but otherwise friendly and usually wears a smile and a determined look.

Other: A pose similar to the sprite would work, but if you come up with something better, go right ahead.

I deem this as a reminder to Yoshi that he has a thread to use for art, not as a bump. Bumps are bad, evil things that should not be tolerated, reminders are good freindly things that can be quite helpful!

Back
Top Bottom