• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Could be better, but I'll post it anyway.

Mad MOAI

Actually more of a harmour fan

Fighting Flight RPG

It's not the best, and it only has three members (not to mention the fact that it just started!), so I'm looking for comments and criticism. Not too harsh, though, 'cause I can't take that stuff. Sorry.

Anyway, it's kind of an adoptable / RPG crossover. You sign up for a character, and then adopt an egg or two, and then you role-play with them. I'm sure we all know of Pokemon, so it shouldn't be too hard to find out what this is all about.

And before you say anything, I have noticed that FF can also stand for "Final Fantasy."

I don't think Happiness should require 30 levels, as that would be one old baby. (Not including Eevee, Riolu, and Buneary, of course.)

I think you should also put how often a person can consecutively post. I think it's 24 hours after the previous post, but someone might abuse it.

I'm also not sure how you could live in the same house as someone you've never met.

Last edited:
First: I SHOULD Probably change that, since it's so hard to gain levels.

Second: Good idea, thank you for suggesting that rule.

Third: You don't have to be in the same house; you can just post in the same thread if you plan to roleplay with that person later on. I'm often unsure of myself in the presence of other people, but I think this rule is to save the boards from being cluttered by near-useless threads.

Hm... You should make the background for posts less dark. It's a bit hard to see the text...

Otherwise, it seems pretty cool. May I know why it's named "Fighting Flight"? I'm kinda curious.

It's called Fighting Flight because two of my favorite Pokemon are Mankey and Spearow, which are Fighting- and Flying-type respectively. Putting those two together (not to mention ignoring the generic and common Normal type of Spearow) you would get Fighting Flying, but I often prefer the names of my stories, roleplays, etc. to be nouns, so I changed it to Fighting Flight :)

As for the post background color, I'd guess you're referring to the pinkish-brown. I'll fix that soon, although I can read it fine...

EDIT: Gah... I made a mistake and now I have to fix it ><

EDIT2: Made the next color duller, now it looks good, right? :D

Last edited:
Well, it's now a dark grayish brown... I dunno, I have bad eyes and don't like too much dark color on the monitor (one of the reasons I'm using Minimal Dewgong Style here), so I'm pretty picky about styles. Can you make it lighter? Perhaps something slightly darker than the background background light brown.

Advertise more! The idea is pretty cool, and the interesting name might bring in some curious people.

I think making the eggs hatch faster will help, since 40 posts are going to be painful after a while, especially with so few members on the site (I mean, what can you do with just an egg?). That should bring more people in, I think. Also, leveling up is too hard; people are going to need literally hundreds of posts to just to evolve their Pokemon, and they're bond to ditch after a while unless there's something really interesting to make them post.

Some calculations:
It takes 40 posts to hatch an egg.
Pretending that you're the only one posting in your thread; that means you can only post once every 24 hours, or once a day.
It would take 40 days to hatch one egg, which is roughly equal to 2 months.

Not very fun if you only have an egg.

May I know how are you going to control the wild Pokemon battles?

I didn't spot the egg thing until now xD Gotta change it to probably about 10 posts... it was in the morning when I thought of this, so I probably gotta change it.

(Excuses, excuses, excuses! Did I even think this over?)

EDIT: *raises hand* You can always get someone to RP with you... *slapped*

EDIT2: Controlling wild Pokemon battles? *slapped so that I can't make up any more dumb excuses* Uh... I'll think hard over this. *slapped again*

10 posts are about right. Do you think you can make the eggs have transparent backgrounds? It'll look better, although it's going to be a pain turning all the eggs that way.

Hm, about wild pokemon battles...

I'm thinking that a mod (or mods) will have to go around in people's threads and post the wild Pokemon's actions.

For example, Person A walks into the forest. Person A pm's mod that e wants to battle a wild pokemon, and mod goes to Person A's thread and posts an RP post something like "A bush in front of Person A rustles suspiciously. Then, a [Pokemon] pops out from behind the bush and [performs action]" or something, but with more detail.

Or the mods can go around and post randomly in Person A's thread even if Person A didn't ask for a battle. Or something.

*throws out random ideas*

Maybe you can have a plot-thing when we have enough people. That way, it's easier to post more, not to mention it'll make the RP more interesting.

You don't have to put "of TCoD" now. ;)

I'd suggest changing 40 to 20, since you didn't change the amount of posts required to hatch one yet.

Transparent eggs? All I have is MSPaint and Gimp, and I don't know how to make it transparent on the latter....

Changed 40 to 20 for hatchness. Yay! According to that rule, I need 6 more posts for my egg to hatch~

1/246? Magic wand tool to delete? Alpha channel? I don't follow.

Are you trying to tell me that there are 246 Pokemon that are the first form of their line?

Sorry, I'm distracted ><

Yeah. It's a link to veekun to show proof.

For GIMP, I can't explain because I haven't downloaded it on this computer, though I've used it before. Try finding out on Google.

Gimp is easy. Go to Image, then Transparency. Go to Color to Alpha and select the background color.

My suggestion is that you turn the posting count on in the game section. We'll have tons of posts but it'll be easier to hatch our eggs. Also: Bitches need to post more >:I I'm going to make a ton of topics to get some activity going, but that only helps so much.
I also suggest expanding the the general area to include a music section and such. This way the forum will be much more organized and less stressful to find stuff in.

But then people will play games more than role-play because it's easier. :( I mean, look at the one on TCoD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom