• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

Oookay, kinda headfuzzed at the moment but that escalated quickly. Definitely agree with the no more sharing of doctor targets. Probably also a good idea for Stryke not to share his chosen target for his own safety, because if he happens to have picked a mafia member they might go after him just to stop him pushing a lynch on them later.

Also I doubt Gzhoom's role explicitly confirms town? I mean, that's a big chunk of the point of most communication-type roles, that you run the risk of getting cozy with someone dangerous and can never know. (Although it sure is fun when you realize you do in fact know your buddies are town, heh. I still remember that lover-fishing brother combo win I was part of in the early TCoD mafia days.) Also that would be insanely powerful, being able to communicate and investigate all at once? But I dunno, I'm talking for him, I guess he can confirm himself whether that's true.

Also that would be insanely powerful, being able to communicate and investigate all at once?

That’s true. I mostly said that because when I was looking up established roles similar to what Gzhoom claimed I found something called Masonizer, where if they target a mafia then they die, but on the flip side it confirms successful targets as town. But it’d be best for Gzhoom himself to weigh in on this, yeah.

That’s true. I mostly said that because when I was looking up established roles similar to what Gzhoom claimed I found something called Masonizer, where if they target a mafia then they die, but on the flip side it confirms successful targets as town. But it’d be best for Gzhoom himself to weigh in on this, yeah.

Yeah, my role PM just says that I open communications with my target. I'll gladly ask Negrek and Butterfree if they're Mafia, but I can't very well gather if they're telling the truth.

Traditionally, the difference between masons and neighbors is that masons are confirmed town, but neighbors are not. (See the MafiaScum wiki, and here's the specific role Gzhoom's claiming.)

Oh, okay, thanks for clearing that up. I’d thought there was something in the original claim post that made me think Masonizer could be a possibility, but after rereading I think I just got Gzhoom’s actual claim mixed up with overthinking, so never mind that then.

In an effort to stave off a little future headfuzzing and to maybe see where we actually stand on the off chance we can get something done, a quick recap of everyone's status/claims/statements so far (quotation marks mean a description of a role/wincon without an actual full claim or statement):

Gzhoom: Roleclaim - Friendly Neighbor (Butterfree and Negrek vouch for him) | Wincon claim - Have an open line of communication with all living players when Town wins.

Stryke: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - chooses a single player; that player must be lynched. Has been advised not to share the lynch target's name at this time.

Flora: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - chooses a single player; that player must not be lynched.

RedneckPhoenix: Roleclaim - Doctor (can only protect each player once per game) | Wincon claim - No one must die for three phases in a row; RedneckPhoenix does not have to be the one who prevented the death. Still unclear whether it's any three consecutive phases (e.g., day 1 > night 1 > day 2) or three night phases specifically.

I liek Squirtles: Dead N0. Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - NA

Keldeo: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "most mafia roles would make wincon be met; doesn't relate to role; wincon must be true at end of game but can't be revoked; wincon is an all-or-nothing deal"

Cynder: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "has something to do with role, may be harmful"

sanderidge: Dead N1. Roleclaim - "something with a blockable night action" | Wincon claim - "does not align with role, is kind of annoying, has to be true by end of game"

JackPK: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; the longer the game goes, the more likely it is to be met; wincon must be true at end of game but can't be revoked"

Butterfree: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; not really under her control, will just have to see if it happens"

Negrek: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "isn't difficult, isn't anti-town, can be true even after death; must be true at end of game but can't be revoked"

Kratos Aurion: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; can be revoked/undone even without intentional intervention, but probably won't get in anyone's way/isn't negative; can't really be assisted"

Zero Moment: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; he can 'start' his wincon but other players are required to meet the rest of the condition out of his control"

Nira: Roleclaim - NA | Wincon claim - "does align with role; must be true at end of game"

I kinda paraphrased to save space, but I think I've got the gist of everything. If anyone needs more clarification or I missed something I can post an updated list and maybe just go for verbatim quotes or something.

So... what next? Do we want to try and abstain and maybe see if we can move RP's goal along? (I'm not in love with that idea—with so little information at this point, the lynch is all the town really has—but I suppose if we were going to try it then early-game would be the time since there's still a bit of a buffer). Is it worth looking at inactivity? Honestly everyone's posted at least once but very few people have been super-talkative (really only Keldeo, pfft). Whoever's wincon sounds the most detrimental? Don't think we have enough info for that.

Additionally, is it worth giving additional instructions to Gzhoom, e.g. to maybe help further confirm him, or is there no way to do that without making him a bigger target? I don't want to give public directions to RP because that's just gonna help the mafia, but I would at the very least like to make use of what little we do have available, if that's possible.

Butterfree has already helped me with figuring out a pretty good target for tonight. And, it’s one that should be a safe bet. Negrek has given me some input as well, so I think I’ve got tonight’s target figured out. Are there any suggestions anyone would like to make publicly about who I should target? Town only wins if we work together.

I guess in future nights, just target someone who you don't think the mafia will kill? (Knowing that the mafia know you'll probably do this, and knowing that they know you know they know this, and so on...) Since it sounds like you're already sure about who Butterfree and Negrek suggested, it would probably be good to just go for that person tonight so that if you die somehow, they can tell us who you targeted.

I also think that considering two people have vouched for Gzhoom's claim, it's probably safe for you to tell him your role if you're his target tonight and you haven't already claimed.

Thanks for making that chart, Kratos! I think it could be important to note that sanderidge doesn't just have a blockable night action, she claimed to know that she was blocked. So she probably couldn't be a roleblocker or the like, because then she wouldn't know. I think the most likely possibilities are that she should have gotten a result but didn't (cop, tracker, watcher, oracle, etc.) or she protected ILS somehow and knew that she failed because he died (bodyguard, bus driver, deflector, etc.) Or I guess she could have been a vigilante who was trying to kill someone other than ILS, but I don't think a vig would do that on the first night.

Actually, after thinking about it some more I guess it's not really important what sanderidge's role was, since it's all just speculation if we try to figure it out now. I think we just need to assume that we are probably down either an inforole (so keeping any remaining inforoles alive is doubly important) or a protective role (so important roles might be night killed pretty soon after they claim.) Or, like, a bus driver or deflector or something wacky I haven't thought of.

24-hour time extension. If there are no votes after 24 hours, a random lynch will be conducted and the Day will end.

Oh. I somehow missed the randlynch thing. I guess we have to actively abstain? (I'm at least assuming we're abstaining at this point? I'll retract if not.)

Is it filthy communist assembly if folks are chatting a lot around the well? Let's all hope not...

No one has been lynched.

72 hours for night actions.

Update the mafia properly who? I'm sorry, have you seen the Fire Emblem Heroes update??

No one has died.

72 hours for discussion.

Cool. I guess we abstain today so that RedneckPhoenix fulfills his win condition (unless someone has pressing evidence against someone?) and just keep talking about what people think about the game? I thought yesterday's discussion was kind of productive, even though it didn't ultimately lead to a lynch.

Although I guess in the absence of any incriminating results we might just be abstaining anyway, I think we should probably try and guarantee what win conditions we can now even though that'll make him a big mafia target, since we don't know whether a chance like this will come up again. (This is if he's telling the truth, of course, but I'm strongly inclined to think he is.)

Actually, since mafia know who they targeted they might know which heal RedneckPhoenix used up, so if they tried to kill him tonight and he healed himself, then they might just try again and render the win condition thing moot. But I think there's still merit to keeping quiet about who the target was either way, just in case mafia actually got stopped by someone else, or idled or something.

I agree with probably trying to fulfill individual win conditions as far as we can, if only because incentives are a little wonky in this game - technically people don't have any reason to really play town unless their individual win condition is fulfilled.

And yeah, RedneckPhoenix should probably not reveal who he healed, since that gives the mafia significant information about who might be healed on future nights. I suggest any other active healer probably stay quiet for now as well.

(pssst hey just saying if we're trying to fulfill conditions could we maybe abstain today that'd be nice)

Back
Top Bottom