• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress *gasp* a not-so generic, yet completely expected pokemon fanfic

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
So yeah. What the Title says. I'm going to dwell too much on talking in the first post. I'll get right to posting the story, as far as it is. Look at this! I've basically written a paragraph, and it has nothing to do with my story, which has no name, by the way. I should get copying my story get completely- *Whack!*

Prologue
Zaque
Zaque took in a deep breath. Ahh, what a nice day it is, he thought to himself. He had just stepped out of his home in Olivine City, a bustling port town located in the Johto Region, and was headed to the Local Gym, lead by the skilled Jasmine, to watch some battles. Sure, he was Four- teen, but his Pokémon journey had yet to begin. When he was about halfway to his destination, Zaque’s Pokégear rang. One, twice, and then he decided to answer. It was his mom.

“Zaque,dear? This is your mother. I suppose you knew that, though…" I greeted her. "I called to tell you that Professor Elm called. He said he needed see you for something, but I couldn’t imagine what. I’ll let you take Persephone for your trip to New Bark Town. Go there right now to see what’s up.” With that, his mom hung up. Zaque let out a disappointed sigh, because going to the Gym had always been his favorite activity, and turned around to go home. He arrived, only to find Persephone’s Pokéball and a note left by his mom.

Zaque-
I went out to buy some groceries, so I left Persephone with this note so you could go on your way as soon as possible. I’ll be back soon enough, but I figured you would want to see what Professor Elm wanted quickly. It’s not every day you get to go to his lab!
Love,
Mom

Zaque sighed again, and picked up Persephone’s Pokéball. He tossed it into the air, and with a near-blinding light, the familiar face of his mom’s Quagsire appeared before him.

“Alright, Persephone, we’re going to New Bark Town, so you have to protect me. It’s a long way, and we might have to camp out tonight. I’m going up to my room to get a few things and I’ll be right back. Stay right here.” Zaque went to his room, grabbed his side bag, a few dollars, a small tent, and ten Pokéballs. He then packed up, and went back downstairs to go on his way with Persephone.

(The Prologue! it is written in a different POV then the rest of the story. Don't ask why.)

Chapter 1
That Miltank
As I strolled out of town towards Ecruteak City, something zipped past me, followed by a scream of

“Get that Miltank!” Why do I recognize that voice? I thought after said creature practically ran me over, knocking off my glasses. I had to act quickly, for I was the only one with a Pokémon with them. I swiftly found my glasses, dusted them and myself off, and placed them to my face. In front of me, and still getting away, was of course a Miltank.

“Persephone, use Headbutt!” Mom’s Quagsire lunged forward, and almost didn’t make contact with the Miltank as it rounded the corner. Persephone rolled, and flopped a few feet away from where the Miltank was. It then turned, and used Stomp on Persephone. I told Persephone to use Mud Bomb, and she took a mouthful of dirt, jumped up, and spat it at the Miltank. The close range significantly increased the impact of the ensuing explosion. The Wild Miltank then rolled into a ball, and sat there. Then, I said “Persephone, use Slam!” She jumped up, and then dove at the Miltank. She rolled forward, and Persephone hit the ground head first and flopped to the ground. The Miltank was coming around for another attack. I told Persephone to use Slam again, and she pushed herself up, jumped, and this time her attack landed without fail. Afterward, Persephone staggered, and fell backward. Alright, now to catch that pesky thing, I thought, and then begun to prep a Pokéball. Before I could throw it, however, it had already been caught by someone else. A girl stepped out from behind a tree. “Hey!” I yelled at her, “That was my catch. Go get your own!”

“Perhaps you should get quicker with your Pokéballs,” I noticed that she had pink hair before she continued, “I’m Whitney, the Leader of the Goldenrod City Gym. This is actually my Miltank, she got away from me earlier, and my Clefairy is no match for it, so when I saw you battling it, I jumped behind a bush as to ambush it. You’ve got a powerful Quagsire. To take down my Miltank in a few hits… that’s hard.”

“Thanks, but this is my mom’s Quagsire. She’ll be mine someday, but not now. I’m actually on my way to New Bark Town. Professor Elm wants to see me. But, now I have to go heal Persephone. Oh! I almost forgot. Was your Miltank holding something?”

“Yeah, it was this weird silver cylinder. I wonder how it got it…”

“I knew I recognized that voice! It was Jasmine. That’s a Metal Coat. I need to go back into town now; I could give it to her.” I said this to her like it was no big deal, but I really wanted to meet Jasmine. I had seen her plenty of times, but I had never talked to her. I guess you could say I had a crush on her, but I wouldn’t put it there. I grabbed Persephone, and walked back to Olivine City, where I found Jasmine waiting.

“That was impressive, Zaque,” Jasmine said to me. Wait-she knows my name? Was the only thing in my head.

“Thanks, but really it was nothing. Persephone did all the work, really. I only said things.”

“Are you kidding? That Mud Bomb tactic was amazing!”

“Well, I got your Metal Coat back. Oh, and I do have to wonder why you didn’t do anything yourself? What about your Steelix, Magnetons, Togetics, and Ampharos?”

“Well, today is Rusty’s day of rest for the week, my Togetics are at the Day-Care, and my Magnetons are helping Amphy in the Lighthouse, who doesn’t battle much anyway. Thanks for getting that Metal Coat back. Rusty has wanted a friend for a while, and I just got another Onix. Now, how to repay you… I know! You can have this egg that the nice elderly couple that runs the Day-Care found with my Togetics. I have reason to believe that it contains a Togepi! For helping me, you can have it. I can’t thank you enough.”

“Wow, thanks, Jasmine! I don’t know what to say. I’m glad to have helped you out so much. Now, if you excuse me, I have to make a quick trip to the PokéCenter.”

“I suppose I’ll see you around, Zaque. It was nice talking to you for once.” I walked onward to the Pokémon Center, as to heal Persephone’s wounds. After, I walked back towards Route 39, so I could be back on my way to Ecruteak City. When I arrived, I was greeted by the charred structure which came to be known as the Burned Tower. Behind it was the Bell Tower. This majestic structure was built after the Burned Tower, the original Bell Tower, landing place of the mighty and legendary Ho-oh, burned nearly to the ground. Only a select few were allowed to enter. The other buildings in the city were constructed in the same fashion as the towers, with the ramp-like roofs of years gone by. By far, my favorite structure in this metropolis was the Pokémon Center, because of its classic construction with the modern touches, like the Neon sign overhead. I had no business in Ecruteak, so I continued on my way. When I reached the crossroad at Route 36, I took a left because that way led to Violet City, which was much closer to New Bark Town than the way around, through Goldenrod City and Azalea Town.

I continued onward to Violet City, and the first sight I had of it was the Sprout Tower, a building similar to the Bell Tower, only based upon Bellsprouts, which were abundant in the surrounding area. Next, I saw the other buildings. They were not built like the structures in Ecruteak, despite the presence of the Sprout Tower. These buildings moreover followed the guidelines of modern architecture. But, seeing as I had important business elsewhere, I didn’t linger much, as I wished to arrive at my destination on this day. Walking to Route 31, I felt closer than ever to finding out what Professor Elm wanted than ever. I jogged along Route 30 now, heading towards Cherrygrove City, with Persephone close at my heals. I’m not exactly sure why Cherrygrove City is called that, for it is actually relatively small. It’s on a beach, naturally closed off by rocks, and there are several buildings. However while they are close together, the size of the place is small enough to be a town, I think.

Yet another municipality I had no current business with, I continued on my way to Route 29 and New Bark Town. I successfully reached New Bark Town, a quaint and quiet little settlement, where the esteemed Professor Elm set up his lab. A light breeze was carrying leaves through the air, and also powering the wind Turbines. I took in a deep breath, and walked towards what I assumed to be Elm’s lab, also the largest structure in town. I stepped inside, and was greeted by one of Elm’s Aides. He directed me towards the Professor, and he said,

“Zaque! How wonderful to see you. Do you know why you’re here?”

“I can’t say that I do, Professor.”

“Do you even want to guess?”

“Well, I’ve never met you before, so it’s not like I owe you a favor or something. So what is it?”

“I’ve been talking with you mother lately, and we both agree that it is about time that you start your own Pokémon Journey! This brings me to the point of Persephone. Your mother says that she’s yours now. Come over here so you can choose your fist Pokémon. I have a Chikorita, a Cyndaquil, or Totodile.”

“But you just said-,”

“I know what I said, but it’s customary that a person who’s Journeys I begin, I give them a Pokémon.”

“All right, I suppose I’ll take that Totodile,” I started, “This is a curious scar above his eye here, Professor. Do you have any idea how he came into having it?”

“I’m afraid not, Zaque. That is why we took care to take in that particular Totodile. We wanted to see what we could do for it, but you can have it if you wish.”

“Cool. I’ll call you Hunter, because you look tough, like you could hunt something. With you and Persephone by my side, no Gym Leader will stand a chance!”

“If you want to challenge the Gyms, you should start with the one in Violet City. Falkner is always looking for a challenge!”

“Thank you, Professor Elm. I’ll get going right now.”

“Not without a Pokédex you’re not!”

“I forgot about that… thanks again!” Because it was late, I spent the night at the lab. The next morning, I went on my way to challenge Falkner, at the Violet City Gym. While walking towards town, I saw another trainer, an unfamiliar sight to me thus far. I looked closer at the trainer, who had yet to notice me, and I realized I knew her. In fact she was one of my best friends as a kid, Vivi! I approached her.“Vivi? Is that you? It’s me-,”

“Zaque? Oh my God! I haven’t seen you in years! How are you?”

“Oh, I’m fine. I was just headed this way from New Bark Town, so my Journey could officially begin with my conquering Falkner at the Violet City Gym. What are you doing here?”

“Just passing by, really. I’ve also been looking for a good place to train. I’ve got four of Johto’s badges, you know. But, Chuck has been giving me some trouble, despite my Noctowl, Clockwork.” Just noticing her old friend, Persephone ran forward and gave Vivi a hug, with a resounding,

“Quaaag-sire!”

“Well hello there, Persephone!” Vivi said as she tried to pry herself away from my Quagsire’s embrace, “Help here, Zaque?” she pleaded with me.

“I’m not sure I can. Although, I think she might let go if you came with us.” She laughed.

“I don’t think I have much of a choice. Hear that, Persephone? I’m coming with you. You can let go now!” With this, Persephone rejoiced. She let go of Vivi, and we walked on to Violet City.

(That's Chapter one. What is thought? I hope it is liked.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom