• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

No permission to access user profiles?

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
Occasionally, when trying to visit some profiles, I'll get an error message stating

bulbasaur, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Specific examples are users 3343 (Coroxn) and 2010 (I have no idea; was just messing around)

Is it a user setting or a glitch?

I've had this too!

I think it's a user setting, and also some users deleted their profile.

(or test accounts set up by higher TCoDians of power)

Dunno if it's a setting; it isn't a glitch, I don't think.

I always dismissed it as just when members weren't members for very long, and they still needed to fill out some information and such. I could be wrong, though.

Well, I can say with 100% certainty that not all of them are test accounts or deleted profiles (for example 3343 is Coroxn's account which I got linked to by clicking his name and "View User Profile"). And I can access most profiles with zero posts and member numbers in the 3000's just fine, but some, like 2010, are old members, or, like 3343, are members with lots of posts.

Hmm...

This usually happens when someone hasn't activated their account with their email address or somesuch (in which case they should go do that). It doesn't have anything to do with how many times someone's posted or what member number they are.

A quick check of your profile in the mod CP says that you're listed as "user awaiting COPPA moderation" rather than "registered user". My guess is that, when you registered, you checked some option that made the forum think you needed parental approval before your profile could be displayed to all us big, scary pedophiles on here.

...every time I go into the mod CP I never know whether I'll actually have the power to edit users. Looks like today I don't. I'd suggest you PM/VM Butterfree and ask her to change you to a registered user manually.

Back
Top Bottom