• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SomeGuy Attempts to Write a Poem

Aletheia

King Koopa
This is a little free verse style thing that came to me at 5 A.M. yesterday when I couldn't sleep. I was experimenting with some phrases and then all of a sudden I was putting together verses and then I had this... thing. Note that I have paid exactly zero attention to rhyme, meter, or stanza length, though the second and fourth do mirror each other (actually, the first and third were originally meant to as well, but then I found I couldn't accomplish this without making the third awkward, so I gave up on the idea). So yeah. Here we go.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Song"

When I heard of you I cried in joy
Knowing you had made it
Where have you been, oh wandering soul?
Who have you met
And what have you said
And did you ever think of me?

Oh, sing a song to me
Of all the things you've done
But alas! You are dead and broken
And cannot sing your song

When I discovered your demise I was lost in regret
Knowing you never saw
A glimpse of home, a familiar face
And yet I cry more for myself
And that I never saw you on your way

Oh, sing a song to me
Of all the things you've done
But alas! I am cold and lonely
And song shan't lift me up
-----------------------------------------------------
Criticism is in fact appreciated, as I've only ever had one unbiased source comment on my poems.

Back
Top Bottom