• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

normal mafia

Despite the tragedy, a little discussion took place. Everyone went back home a little afraid at what this night might hide...

No one has died. 48 hours for night actions.

Hmm. Does anyone have any information?

We should probably keep in mind the numbers - with 8 people alive, if there are 3 mafia, it could already be 5:3, which is actually pretty close. So I think we should be treating this phase more like mid-game or even almost end-game than like, d1 2.0, if that makes sense.

i have nothing to report, and it doesn't seem like anyone else does either? the day is nearly half up and we don't really have time to waste, here, so if no one's going to say anything perhaps it'd be more useful to begin talking about lynching?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the only person who hasn't spoken at all yet is effervesce. idk if that necessarily indicates that she's mafia, though, since not talking at all seems obviously scummy and i feel like scum would probably speak up at least once so as to dispel those suspicions, but who knows. maybe she's mafia, maybe she's really busy. i'd be interested in hearing what she has to say.

barring that, i am also somewhat suspicious of Stryke, a he's has only come in exactly once, to remind us that he wasn't lynched.

any other suspicions? literally anything is better than what we have, so be afraid to speak up.

I'm not mafia, for the record. Of course, all you have is my word, which counts for diddly squat in mafia, but I thought I should say it anyway. And I haven't said anything because I have nothing relevant or important to say... Until now, at least.

Yeah, I agree with Nira; we should be going for a lynch of possible scum before it's too late.

effervesce sounds like a reasonable first choice, unless she has something to say.

I'm not a big fan of Stryke's response to Nira, since it and the previous post are pretty much posts that anyone could make, which doesn't really help us figure out your alignment. Like, when you did that on d1, sure, it's d1 and half the game did, but it's d2 now and we are in a pretty bad position if we abstain today so really anything you have to say would help. Meanwhile I'm liking Nira's discussion starting because it's not posts that anyone could make - they're posting their opinion and thoughts about the game, and I think that's easier to do as town because it gets progressively harder to fake as mafia, which is part of why discussion benefits the town and lurking is kind of anti-town.

I'm also kind of wondering why Nira didn't mention Gzhoom, whose single post was similarly contentless to Stryke's d1 post, along with Stryke... That one post is pretty forgettable so that's understandable, but now that I'm looking back at that post of Gzhoom's it's actually making me a little suspicious of him, although I guess he and Stryke both tend to actively lurk in the first few days. I'm also still kind of side-eyeing RedneckPhoenix because of that d1 claim, but his response felt better so I think he's still someone to look at, just in future days so long as he doesn't lurk. (I will be super mad at myself if he's actually scum here and we let him go because I didn't push him hard enough, but.)

re: effervesce, if she's scum, would her teammates not prod her to go reply to Nira? But it would also make sense for scum effervesce's teammates to want to wait and see rather than getting too defensive since Nira didn't actually vote her, and so there wasn't an immediate threat upon their post. And town effervesce has no reason to be not posting in her own defense, either... but I think I'm kind of thinking in circles here.

if we're going to be an active town, i agree that it seems like a good idea to Do Something, and i don't have any objections against lynching effervesce since it seems they haven't spoken at all despite having been online. i wonder when we'll get some info, though? stumbling around in this sort of vague dark makes me nervous.

I'm also kind of wondering why Nira didn't mention Gzhoom, whose single post was similarly contentless to Stryke's d1 post, along with Stryke...

this is a good point. i also forgot where i was going with this, but i do remember i thought this was a good point.

I'm also kind of wondering why Nira didn't mention Gzhoom, whose single post was similarly contentless to Stryke's d1 post, along with Stryke... That one post is pretty forgettable so that's understandable, but now that I'm looking back at that post of Gzhoom's it's actually making me a little suspicious of him, although I guess he and Stryke both tend to actively lurk in the first few days.
i actually forgot about it, haha. i guess i mentally swept it under the rug because i was thinking of it as a pair with the whole Phoenix thing, but yeah. bit suspicious there, too. i'd be interesting in hearing his defence.
I'm also still kind of side-eyeing RedneckPhoenix because of that d1 claim, but his response felt better so I think he's still someone to look at, just in future days so long as he doesn't lurk. (I will be super mad at myself if he's actually scum here and we let him go because I didn't push him hard enough, but.)
hahaha. well, you might be right, but at any rate i don't think we should go for him yet either, yeah. he's been responsive, at least, which is more than can be said of the others i'm suspicious of.
re: effervesce, if she's scum, would her teammates not prod her to go reply to Nira? But it would also make sense for scum effervesce's teammates to want to wait and see rather than getting too defensive since Nira didn't actually vote her, and so there wasn't an immediate threat upon their post. And town effervesce has no reason to be not posting in her own defense, either... but I think I'm kind of thinking in circles here.
i was thinking in the same circles. to solve the problem tentatively, i'm going to formally vote to lynch effervesce. at the very least that should prompt her to speak, and if not, well. them's the breaks.

I'm not sure what you want me to say; I have literally no information on anyone or anything right now, which I guess leaves my thoughts on everything. First off, I'm a bit opposed to lynching effervesce, considering they haven't been on since the 26th, so they never would have been able to see Niras original post accusing them or give a proper defense. Sure, you could make the case that they were inactive before then, but it was Day 1; nothing was getting done, so just saying something for the sake of saying something might not have seemed all that important. But really, all of you barring Phoenix and Ghzoom have been doing mafia for waaaaaay longer than I have, so unless I seriously disagree with your line of thinking, I tend to just stay quiet and leave the discussion to the people who have a better idea of what they're doing.

i actually forgot about it, haha. i guess i mentally swept it under the rug because i was thinking of it as a pair with the whole Phoenix thing, but yeah. bit suspicious there, too. i'd be interesting in hearing his defence.hahaha.

I wish I had something more pertinent to the game to disclose as a defense here, but the big reason I haven’t been saying much is just because college. We’re closing in on midterms, and since I didn’t get Cop or anything that can grab information, I can’t really contribute much during night actions or provide any information during the day. Like Stryke said as well, seeing users like Keldeo providing insightful analyses on tone and speech leaves me wondering what I could really offer. I understand wanting to hear from everyone, hoping to catch scum slipping up or at least getting some basis for choosing a lynch target, but anything I say is just going to be a rehash of what someone else has undoubtedly already pointed out.

A rehash that I’ll be willing to provide more readily from now on, in order to help progress the game, but a rehash, nonetheless.

Stryke said:
I'm a bit opposed to lynching effervesce, considering they haven't been on since the 26th, so they never would have been able to see Niras original post accusing them or give a proper defense.
Oh, that's a good point - I actually thought effervesce had been online to see Nira's post, but upon rechecking she hasn't. Though I still think her d1 absence is kind of worrying, I would like to hear if she has anything to say especially since she seems to not have seen Nira's post.

ILS, could we get an extension for a little bit longer or until effervesce is online and has time to post?

I also don't think we should be holding our breath for someone to pop in with any solid information, since most of the people alive now probably don't have any info either - the only people in this setup who have actual info are the cop (who seems to either be unable or unwilling to come forward today) and the mafia (who are pretending like they don't have any info, because they're the mafia.) So because we can't count on having mechanical information, I think we kind of do have to focus on behavioral stuff, like the fact that effervesce hasn't posted despite being online at the start of the day today.

hello i haven't logged into tcodf because i am stupid

partly because i know very little (along with probably everyone else, i guess) and partly because i barely remember how to play mafia, i'm actually an abstain voter

Back
Top Bottom