• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

So I've been thinking about starting a Percy Jackson style RP. Like each person is a demigod with a different godly parent (or unclaimed)...

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind. We shouldn't have any of the other characters, though (except Chiron) or maybe it could take place after the events of the main series.

The roleplaying section is dangerously inactive, and I would like to change that.

Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank. Anyone have their own ideas?

Oh, good, a revival attempt.

Well, I was recently playing with this idea of a crisis involving copies of the players. Kind of how Dark Link is a copy of Link. It'd be similar to that; untempered passion against calculating coolness.

Thing is, I don't know anything other than I want those Dark Copies to be involved in it. So, I'm totally open to any and all contribution. Alternatively, someone could take that snippet from me and do their own thing, since I haven't had much success as a DM.

I doubt a single RP will get this section really moving. I think a few different people should try opening quality RPs at once. Three or four good ones might jog more interest. Or it could be too much at once. I can't say for sure. 'Tis my simple opinion.

OKAY, I'm going to double post even though I shouldn't but this place is soooooo dead.

So, you guys surely remember Amityville? Of course you do. Wonderful idea that was cut off too early. Well, I don't want to copy it directly, but this is pretty much the same idea just with some locations changed and yadayada.

I'm still working a couple things out, so it'll be a few days before it can have a thread going and things, but here's the basic thing in a shortened and less epic form than it will be later:

The Black Moon Academy is about to start a new school year. So here you are, you little magical mutant superhuman, you, in rural Indiana. You may have come from this place. Or maybe the other side of the world. But this is your home now.

The Academy is there to teach you how to use your powers effectively and responsibly. Normally, the first year is nothing but courses in ethics, when to use powers and when not to. But something happened.

A former student at the Brown Mountain Institute for the Gifted Youth, a similar school, went rogue. In an attempt to "remove the shackles" placed on her by her instructors, Sofia Harper attacked BMI and nearly destroyed it. Fate favored the school that night, and she was forced to retreat, but it was only a short time after that she attacked another institution in New York, completely obliterating it. Sofia wants to realize her potential as the "Apex of Evolution," but she feels the need to destroy as many academies as possible in order to do away with restriction of the powerful. Sightings of Sofia have been growing very steadily nearer to Black Moon.

So instead of ethics courses, you'll be training to work as a team with your fellow students to be ready for Sofia. It isn't a question of whether or not she's coming... It's a question of when.

---

So that's the gist. I left a few details out, but TELL ME, how much interest is there?

I was thinking it would be smart to create a Social Group for the RP. In the Social Group we can do things like attend normal classes, random silly side plots, develop our characters in numerous ways that we don't have time for in the actual RP. The Social Group would be as cannon as a person wanted it to be, basically. If people aren't interested in the Social Group and only the plot, then they can just do the regular RP. How's the interest for that idea?

Also if anyone has an idea for a Pokemon based RP, that'd be great. Because this is a Pogeymans forum. We should have Pogeymans RPs.

Also note that it's late and if I made mistakes I'm sorry.

ahahaha I basically encouraged him to do this

Amityville was fun, of course I'd like to see another RP in the same style, especially since everything is dead.

So as you well know, Yoshi, I'm all for this~

Given a bit of time (a luxury for me nowadays) I could come up with a pogeymans RP, I had a couple random ideas floating around my head a year or so back

I'm not sure I understand this idea though, considering I have no idea what Amityville is/was

Amityville was a gifted school roleplay! So basically kids with all sorts of magical abilities - there was a guy who could make and manipulate gold, for example, and people who controlled shadows. It didn't have many limits on abilities, as I recall, so peple got some pretty cool concepts up.

Re-reading my post now, I see that I didn't fully explain for people who weren't around for Amityville, and I told myself I would do that.

Stormy pretty much summed it up. You get superpowers, and go to school to learn about them, and how to use them, etc. This one is supposed to have this impending threat which will come to a head. And yes, there will be very few limits on powers. The only thing is to not make yourself overpowered, which is a pretty loose restriction. So long as there's some vulnerability to your character.

Amityville died dreadfully early. It had a lot of potential, but people lost interest too quickly. I'm hoping that dividing the normal class/school bits from the primary story, people can accomplish a bunch of development while still moving forward at a steady pace. It's a bit risky considering it's a revival attempt, but. Eh.

I've done one or two similar concepts in the past, in my very young inexperienced days; I do have a decent amount of powersets lying around my head somewhere, I would be entirely willing to go for that.

I do also have the skeleton of a Pogeymans RP plot, so I'll see if I can flesh that out this week. I'd love to see some more activity here

I'd be up for it.

I could have sworn I was in the original Amityville, but apparently not. Maybe I was in something similar.

Still, I'm in.

Last edited:
So I decided to stop in after an epic long hiatus, and it feels like I never left. The same rps I remember seeing last time, like a year ago or longer, are still on the front page. Where is everyone? What happened to all the ideas and stuff? I wonder if I should try to come up with some kind of rp to try to get things moving again? Or would it just be a waste of time if everyone's vacated?

Black Moon Academy was the last attempt at bringing the RP section back.

But Black Yoshi's computer bit the dust and we haven't seen him since, so it died.

Black Moon Academy was the last attempt at bringing the RP section back.

But Black Yoshi's computer bit the dust and we haven't seen him since, so it died.
It doesn't have to be the last attempt, though! It would have gone on just fine if his computer hadn't stopped working, so who says another RP can't be just as successful?

Well, what kind of RP do you want to do? A Pokémon one? A crossover? Original story?

Personally, I don't think it would be a good idea to do something based off of a different fandom unless it was a crossover RP.

It doesn't have to be the last attempt, though! It would have gone on just fine if his computer hadn't stopped working, so who says another RP can't be just as successful?

Thing is most of the people that made Black Moon successful were people that had left and come back specifically for that RP. Most of them are gone now that it's been declared dead. Like Exo is gone now, and I haven't seen Lirris, Mai, nor anyone else that much lately, not to mention Black Yoshi is still gone.

Last edited:
I just noticed that my last mass crossover RP (The New Emissary) had it's last post a day before Black Moon Academy's. Coincidence? Probably not, but the holidays have probably occupied people to some extent. It's been long enough now, though, but as mentioned above, we have no clue where people have gone.

As far as a new RP... I don't have any ideas beyond reviving one of my old ones. Which I considered doing at least once, now that I think about it.

Thing is most of the people that made Black Moon successful were people that had left and come back specifically for that RP. Most of them are gone now that it's been declared dead. Like Exo is gone now, and I haven't seen Lirris, Mai, nor anyone else that much lately, not to mention Black Yoshi is still gone.

I'm here! Sort of. RPs are in a sad position here at TCoD; I would join if someone started something up, but I highly doubt it would get anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom