• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TelecoDnD

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/ey
So a bunch of us in the tcod Telegram server (some long-gone members, some still here, and one honorary member) decided to put together a dnd game a couples months back:

JackPK: DM
Flora: Riswynn Ironfist, dwarf cleric
Flora's BF (aforementioned honorary member): Ruby Rosered, wood elf sorceress
Butterfree: Dave Ambrose, human wizard
Music Dragon: Stieletta Goldenheel, wood elf monk
Clover: Anethir Komskai, gnome warlock
hopeandjoy: Mistil Liadon, wood elf ranger
Squirtles: Fred, gnome druid
Phoenix: Larry Rooflespuffer, dragonborn fighter (+Gizmo, dog)
MF: Flavia Kapta, human rogue
Nira: Jaze, half-elf bard

It's play by post, to accommodate for multiple time zones, and as a result has been moving fairly slowly.

Up until two days ago where everything very suddenly went to shit, that is.

The entire scenario was so hilarious and felt so much like the season finale to a tv show that I felt obligated to write up a recap, and then other players started writing recaps and drawing characters or scenes, and now it's an entire thing and I love it.

So! For the most part, you'll find everything/anything on the tumblr Butterfree started specifically for the purposes of rambling (it's largely Dave-centric, do note). This includes some of the stuff I'll be linking, as well as some of her art and other art.

As for me personally, I've created a more detailed character list (Warning: some pretty major spoilers, if you'd rather read the recap first), and then an actual summary from Riswynn's POV for the most part with some hidden Flora snark. This summary features two private chats that Wynn took part in and nothing from anything she wasn't present for, so do note that. The third thing I wrote is a "Who does Wynn want to be friends with?" list, which also contains some spoilers and one thing not really present in the recap. In general, just clicking the "telecodnd" tag will refer you to some other posts, mostly about Wynn herself.

I know a few others have mentioned they're doing recaps as well, so this space is also for them to share their own stuff! We've all been enjoying this tremendously, and the few spectators we have were evidently enjoying it as well. I hope you get a chuckle or two out of reading!

I'm sure everyone who saw this and somehow isn't one of the only 12-odd people already interested must've thought about the most crucial question one has to ask about character depth in an ensemble: what about the height differences???

Good thing that MF thinks of everything, and also has both the drawing prowess and the attention to detail of a 3-year-old, and is particularly proficient in dragonborn faces!

a4nDasi.png
(folks who already saw might notice a couple of slight alterations; I'll definitely be tinkering with this for any details I failed to notice, forgot about, or that were decided on later, etc.)

I still love that chart so much. The fucking sudden spike between Wynn and Jaze is a delight.

So I have another thing! It started as recap notes and spiraled into Wynn saying fuck a lot. Campaign spoilers ahoy! Read the recap first!

We don’t, unfortunately; there’s a lot happening, both in the chat proper and in various side chats for private convos. That’s why I (and a few others) are doing the recaps!

If you have a telegram account you can spectate, almost definitely, if you’d rather follow the action directly.

I'm sure everyone who saw this and somehow isn't one of the only 12-odd people already interested must've thought about the most crucial question one has to ask about character depth in an ensemble: what about the height differences???

Good thing that MF thinks of everything, and also has both the drawing prowess and the attention to detail of a 3-year-old, and is particularly proficient in dragonborn faces!

a4nDasi.png
(folks who already saw might notice a couple of slight alterations; I'll definitely be tinkering with this for any details I failed to notice, forgot about, or that were decided on later, etc.)

What bugs me about this height chart is that it's one of those misleading charts that don't start at 0. >:/ The bottom is 2'! It gives the wrong idea!

(it is so great though, look at Wynn and Ruby making eyes at each other and Dave's done expression and Mistil glancing at the hat flying towards her)

If you have a telegram account you can spectate, almost definitely, if you’d rather follow the action directly.

I do have a Telegram account, and I would like to spectate. Would I have to ask Jack for an invite or something?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom