• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B/W] My first competitive team

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
hey everybody, this is my first competitive team, and i would like some constructive criticism:

Rotom (Mow)
Gentle
Moves:
Discharge
Hex
Toxic
Leaf Storm
Best Stat: Sp. Def
Ability: Levitate
No Item
Notes: Personally, I think I should keep Hex and Toxic, but im all ears for other suggestions

Garchomp
Relaxed
Moves:
Crunch
Dig
Dragon Rush
Poison Jab
Best Stat: Attack
Ability: Sand Veil
No Item
Notes: Open to suggestions!

Frosslass
Lonely
Moves:
Blizzard
Destiny Bond
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Best Stat: Speed
Ability: Snow Cloak
No Item
Notes: I decided to take advantage of her high speed by teaching it Destiny Bond, so thats a keeper.

Metagross
Careful
Moves:
Flash Cannon
Zen Headbutt
Rock Polish
Bulldoze
Best Stat: Attack
Ability: Clear Body
Item: Quick Claw
Notes: Decided to teach Rock Polish and giving it a Quick Claw to make up for low speed.

Zoroark
Relaxed
Moves:
Dig
Foul Play
Arial Ace
Hone Claws
Best Stat: Sp. Atk
Ability: Illusion (obviously)
No Item
Notes: Taught it Hone Claws because all the othe moves are physical.

Zangoose
Calm
Moves:
Rest
Arial Ace
X-Scissor
Close Combat
Ability: Immunity
Item: Shell Bell
Notes: None

Cant wait to hear peoples thoughts!

Just wondering: what tier is this team supposed to be? Garchomp is Uber, which would automatically place your team in Uber, but you don't have any other Ubers on your team... Meanwhile, you have NU pokemon like Zangoose there, too.

Hrm, a Zoroark with Dig? First of all, Zoroark have base 60 Defense and Special Defense, so basically Earthquake is your death. And Hone Claws raises Attack, so you should invest in Attack, not Sp. Attack. And for Froslass, I would recomend Ice Beam over Blizzard. It's the same case as Thunder and Thunderbolt; you get a little less power, but more accuracy.

Dig is just a horrible move, period. The moment you Dig down, your opponent will either Earthquake you to death (Earthquake has more base damage anyhow) or swap to something that flies/Levitates, so your Dig ends up missing and your opponent gets a free switch. Swap all Dig for Earthquake.

Dragon Rush has horrible accuracy. Switch it for Dragon Pulse. That is another key to victory. And why do you give Zangoose Rest without a Chesto Berry or Sleep Talk? That means Lucario can 2HKO you once you Rest.

ok people i want u all to stop posting on this. my dsi was stolen with pokemon white in it so...

Back
Top Bottom