• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions can't beet that with a stick

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
Hello! This is my art thread. A few notes before I get to the stuff...
- Please do comment; I tend to forget to update if people don't. Don't worry if you can't pull up actual critique; "I like your art" is totally enough to make me go :3 for the next $unit_of_time.
- I do not take requests. I do, however, take commissions! I have a paypal account, which I'm not linking to because I'm awesome like that. For things on 2.5" x 3.5" (6.35x8.89cm) bristol board, it's $3, and paintings on canvas board are $15 regardless of which size canvas board I use (you don't get to pick 8D). I'll scan whatever it is and mail you the original.
- I scan things at 600 dpi. I usually shrink it when I'm posting it! But often I don't. So don't, like, be surprised if the links are huuuuuuuge. Filesize shouldn't be ridiculous, though. Just the dimensions.
- If you're curious, the number in each url is the scan number and that's what I sort by. So usually whatever I just posted'd be on the bottom, but I might be posting something I scanned ages ago, so looking for what's starred might be more effective.

Doodles
- puppy girl
- heron
- mail dragon
- rocket clefable
- a clefairy riding a metagross *
- Bannai (anime-only Magma member with the world's angriest ditto) *
- Mondo (drama cd-only Rocket member who is the world's biggest Jessie and James fanboy and who sends them all of their mechas) *
- gel pen clefable *
- Silver *
- breloom *
- marill *
- togekiss *
- theoretically a latios; I don't like the actual design so this is fiddling with it a lot *
- litwick *
- xatu
- azurill *
- Euram Barows from SuikoV
- Riou from SuikoII crouching *
- Meg from SuikoI+II
- Millie from SuikoII
- Futch and Bright (SuikoII) sitting by a tree; mostly trying to figure out how poses work
- Ridley from SuikoII
- Thomas (suikoIII)
- a venonat standing on top of a furret and a sentret
- hopeful clefairy
- eggwarming magcargo
- winged thing
- weird cute animal
- Flonne from Disgaea (I realise her ears shouldn't be pointed at this point but she looks better that way)

Coloured things
- cleffa
- swadloon
- budew
- blue wyvern

Art class assignments
- a flower; fiddling with lines
- the same flower; testing pens on the tracing paper I used
- grayscale bird painting
- an abstracted landscape

Misc traditional
- chikorita (currently uncoloured), pen on 2.5" x 3.5" bristol
- Viki, pen on 2.5" x 3.5" bristol
- magnemite, pen and charcoal and coloured pencil on 2.5" x 3.5" bristol
- diglett, pen and charcoal and coloured pencil on 2.5" x 3.5" bristol
- a drifloon, acrylic on 4" x 7.5" canvas board

Last edited:
surskitty hey surskitty your art = adorable
I like the winged thing and the weird cute animal best!!

You'll put up more art assignments, right! :o Maybe maybe I'll commission a Litwick if you sort Paypal maybe maybe

I love the hopeful clefairy and the weird cute animal. You have talent.
EDIT: I like your coloured ones, too.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone!
this is amazing! have you considered doing more still life? you've got a real knack for it.
That's actually partly traced, ahahaha. The outlines are, anyway, though I doubt they'd line up neatly if I tried to overlay the original: I didn't follow the original photo very closely. When I get a chance, I'll scan one of my other art class assignments that involved a grid; I'd have to cut down the bristol board in order to fit it in my scanner and I doubt I'm allowed to do that yet. Stupid requirement for a 3" border.

Yay, I figured out how to set up a paypal account!!!! But I am slightly reluctant to connect web identity with offline identity, and I haven't gotten around to setting up buttons because I am going like 8( at it, but I totally have one. So like pm me if you want a card I guess??? That'd be the sensible thing to do anyway given that I'd want your address.

I love the hopeful clefairy and the weird cute animal. You have talent.
I dislike the word talent; talent comes naturally and this is more the result of a lot of practice. Thank you, though.

These are all sketches, partly inked in some cases.
- Euram Barows from SuikoV
- Meg from SuikoI+II
- Millie from SuikoII
- Futch and Bright (SuikoII) sitting by a tree; mostly trying to figure out how poses work
- Ridley from SuikoII
- Thomas (suikoIII)
- a venonat standing on top of a furret and a sentret
- Flonne from Disgaea (I realise her ears shouldn't be pointed at this point but she looks better that way)

I like the flower ^u^
Thank you!
That Drifloon is very nice, but I think the "X" is a little too small.
I disagree.
The X seems fine to me! I think it's that the rest of the balloon looks a little bigger when it hasn't got legs/arms.
Yeah, and that's part of why I didn't actually give it its legs. (The other part is that the strings always look stupid, and the yellow thing wouldn't be on screen.)

Updating with a bunch of old sketches! Well, I say sketches: most of these have been at least partially inked, which also means that many of them no longer have eyes.

- a clefairy riding a metagross *
- Bannai (anime-only Magma member with the world's angriest ditto) *
- Mondo (drama cd-only Rocket member who is the world's biggest Jessie and James fanboy and who sends them all of their mechas) *
- gel pen clefable *
- Silver *
- breloom *
- marill *
- togekiss *
- theoretically a latios; I don't like the actual design so this is fiddling with it a lot *
- litwick *
- azurill *
- Riou from SuikoII crouching *

Back
Top Bottom