• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[B2/W2]Preparations, Checks for Teams

Black and White 2 come out in a couple of months in the USA, but I want to know if my teams are ok. I will probably add more since I want to hear others' remarks so I may reach optimum success.

Without further ado, I guess I'll show my first party:

Empoleon
Nature: Modest
Item: Wise Glasses/Wide Lens/Life Orb/Choice Specs (usually a rotation of these items, each have given me lucky breaks)
Moves: Hydro Pump (obviously because of this move some can tell that this is a sweeper)
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Flash Cannon (planning to switch to HP Fire)

Description: Never sent in first because of the new threats.

Venomoth
Nature: Timid
Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Sleep Powder
Baton Pass

Description: Usually my lead, I use Venomoth to trade off Special and Speed increases (typically to Empoleon).

Haxorus
Nature: Adamant (this is my offense-oriented one, have a Jolly one as well)
Item: ???
Moves: Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw (Outrage's confusion gets me every time...)
Earthquake (?)
Brick Break (will switch to Superpower in B2/W2)

Description: I can trade the boosts from Venomoth to help patch Haxorus' low SD and give it a boost in Speed. This helps with Special Walls.

Any suggestions on moveset or item changes considering this info?

Uh...putting this together...

This is a metagaming thread, yes?

If so, what tier...hmmm...OU. And only because Haxxy there.

I dunno, for QD passers Venomoth is the better of two evils, so if you want that ability you have the only thing worth using. Given that you've forced yourself into OU through Haxxy, I'd have to suggest that you find a more usable special sweeper, even if you want to keep the water typing, and with Haxxy I think you have one of the best potential movesets for it. (Personally I'm no fan of Superpower, but the choice is yours overall. Just remember your asking for our input.)

Item for Haxxy could either be Choice Band for the sake of speed, or Life Orb for the sake of attack power.

Again, I dunno, your choice in the end...just giving my opinion.

Nice catch, I forgot the abilities...Ah well...

Yes, I guess it is OU (wasn't going for a particular tier, but okay). Here goes my rambling:

Venomoth's typing is good and acts as a nice switch-in if a Fighting-type comes in. Of course, the big factor for Venomoth is weather and entry hazards. Tyranitar practically OHKOs Venomoth unless Sleep Powder comes into play, and even so, it breaks the Focus Sash. At least if Choice Starmie comes into play at the start, a Sleep Powder can come into play and I can use QD/BP to make Empoleon a Special Tank and Sweeper. Basically, it comes to "pressing my luck with QD/BP." And even so, I think there is a chance that I could KO Starmie and BP

Empoleon is my personal "ace in the hole," and it loves BP Speed increasers (don't ask...). With QD/BP, it can outlast some pretty heavy hitters in the Special department. It received some help with Scrafty and Mienshao going to UU (unless Empoleon is playing in UU), but Terrakion and Conkeldurr remain enemy number one. If it has the right support, Empoleon can shine brightly, thus its place in this OU team.

Venomoth's QD/BP work quite well to benefit Haxorus. At least with the boost, Haxorus isn't frail in the Spec. Defense category. If I need to further increase Speed or Attack, DD is there. Haxorus is an absolute wrecking ball when in the right situation (Life Orb is the item).

Items... Haxxy's item could be maybe Life Orb, but considering it's supposed to live a while perhaps, I don't know, Draco Plate or Fist Plate? New threats are bad for Empy, but...
I always have trouble analyzing teams for games that haven't come out yet ^^"

New threats are bad for Empy, but...
I always have trouble analyzing teams for games that haven't come out yet ^^"

Yeah, the new threats with Empoleon aren't too good for it metagame-wise. However, Empoleon can counter some new threats and be really good overall if there is a team that makes up for its shortcomings. Empoleon is definitely UU/OU tierwise if these things are followed.

Back
Top Bottom