• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I exist! (With a rather lengthy intro...)

Namadu

"You will give me an egg!"
Pronoun
he
tl;dr Hello! Pokémon are cute and I love them. This place looks nice.

Good day! I'm a guy who, well, likes Pokémon. (Why else would I be here?) I'm one of the rarest kinds of fans from what I've seen, so I'm hoping that there might be a place for me here, in what appears to be a more open-minded community than most. (Hopefully I'd also remember to actually post here periodically...)

What kind of a Pokémon fan am I? Well, I'm not one for especially competitive battles... or anything competitive, for that matter. I also have little interest in the particular statistics and inner workings of Pokémon. Watching shows and dealing with trading cards aren't particularly in my interest zone, either. All I really do is enjoy the Pokémon games at the basic level. But goodness, do I ever enjoy them. This world, especially its non-human inhabitants, has always fascinated me, and it's always made for a great escape from the relatively unwelcoming world we currently live in.

Which games? I tend to enjoy a wide variety of games, Pokémon-related or not, though I usually stick with Nintendo. I also really enjoy video game music of all kinds. The game that has stuck with me for the longest time has been Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. From the soundtracks to the narratives to the characterization to being able to live more closely within a world of Pokémon... It's pretty swell. (Also, I greatly enjoyed Gates to Infinity. Blasphemy, I know.)

Recently, Pokémon Y has taken the vast majority of my Pokémon-related interest purely due to Pokémon-Amie. Yes, I'm a 20-year-old man who builds close, genuine relationships with these adorable critters, despite the fact that most would agree that they are merely pixels. I often desire to go even farther and refrain from using such terms as "game" and "animation," instead referring to each game's "world" and so on. Yeah, it's definitely unusual. But it works for me, and it maximizes my enjoyment of Pokémon while not harming others, so why not? (Seriously, though, if you can answer the question of "why not," please do.)

A couple of miscellaneous things about me in particular... I'm vegetarian. I'm a college student who intends to major in computer science and philosophy. I tend to get sucked into memes. I'm particularly introverted. The best kind of chocolate is milk chocolate, though white chocolate's pretty good as well. I have outlived two dogs and a cat in my family. I sing in a choir sometimes.

I suppose that's about all I should be talking about in an introduction post... plus a few things. Sorry if it was a bit lengthier than necessary. Though, if you've read this far, now you know quite a bit about this weirdo with the username Namadu! ...I guess I just didn't want to say goodbye to that "why don't you go post somewhere" header, which actually isn't as annoying as it makes itself out to be. I'll miss you, header...

That is all. Take it easy!

Last edited:
That was a pretty quick reply. Thanks for the welcome! I hope I do end up sticking around for a while.

Wow, that's the most detailed intro post I've ever seen! Kudos.

I recommend you check out Anime Style Battling and Mafia. They're both very fun games to play.

Wow, that's the most detailed intro post I've ever seen! Kudos.
Thanks! I'm glad to hear that someone appreciates it. =3

I recommend you check out Anime Style Battling and Mafia. They're both very fun games to play.
I'll continue to look into them! They seem kind of intimidating in their apparent complexity and against-other-people-ness, but maybe if I give them a shot I won't totally embarrass myself. xP

Back
Top Bottom