• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Legend of Zelda Club

Molgera >>>>> Everything

Although Stallord's theme is a good close second.

Whenever I'm playing Twilight Princess and I have fewer than three save games, I always make a third save of just before the Stallord battle, just so I can play it again. The main reason for that is the music, though partially because the spinner is terribly fun. Speaking of which, the spinner wasn't used nearly enough. I do wonder who made it as well, since there were tracks for it in some ruins in Hyrule Field, and in the Temple of Time. It must have been used as least quite a bit as a mode of transport at some point. Maybe it was like the segway of their time.

Not sure what my favourite music is. I could list the ones I love all day. Twilight Princess's Hyrule Field theme is great since it's all adventurous and fits with horse-riding so well. (There needs to be more Zelda games with Epona in it!)
A lot of Ganon(dorf)'s musics are amazing too. In Wind Waker I liked how Phantom Ganon's music was basially the Ocarina of Time Ganondorf fight, but made to be all ghostly sounding and fit with the general tone of the game. I always spend ages fighting it in the last room in Ganon's Tower just so I can hear it longer.

But speaking of Wind Waker, who can't love the credits music?
Oh and I just remembered after writing that that this remix of a tune from Wind Waker is awesome too.

I sort of want a remake of Majora's Mask to be on Wii U if they make one. I remember even on the gamecube version there would often be lag in some areas of clock town because it had to think of everything that was going on at the time (or maybe it was just it struggling to run an N64 emulator or something). Imagine what they could do on a modern day home console! They could add so many more sidequests, make sidequests affect each other in so many different ways depending on which order you do them. I heard once that it was originally going to be 7 days but they couldn't manage it. Not sure how true that is, but they could totally do that today.

Perhaps that would be possible on the 3DS but Majora's Mask just feels like one of that games that belongs on a home console rather than a handheld. Games like Ocarina aren't really a biggie these days for handhelds, so I was okay with that. But a potential remastering with all of the potential of the Wii U just makes sense. The screen-controller-thing the Wii U has could be like the Bomber's notebook, and it could have the clock there rather than on the main screen. (I guess the 3DS could do that what with two screens but they're quite small!)

Do you think they'll ever switch to voice acting in Zelda games? I hope they do sooner rather than later.

I'll definitely buy Majora's Mask when they remake it.
Until then, though, I'm going to attempt my Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest. Also I'm going to try to beat Skyward Sword (I just beat the Silent Realm after Koloktos) and I need to at least begin my Twilight Princess.
On a somewhat unrelated note, did anyone else go to the Symphony of the Goddesses? I went to the one in Madison Square Garden. My favorite LoZ songs remain Gerudo Valley, the main theme, the boss fight against Gannondorf in Wind Waker, and the song of storms, in that order.

On a somewhat unrelated note, did anyone else go to the Symphony of the Goddesses? I went to the one in Madison Square Garden. My favorite LoZ songs remain Gerudo Valley, the main theme, the boss fight against Gannondorf in Wind Waker, and the song of storms, in that order.

are you serious
wow, you are so lucky! i wish i could've gone :o
was it good/entertaining?

One hundred percent serious. It was absolutely amazing. The soundtrack is somewhere on youtube, one second... Here it is. The first one is from Vancouver, not New York, but still.

I demand a revival of this thread.

Skyward Sword is my favorite so far, but I'm still in Eldin so that may be subject to change.
All of them are amazing, but Skyward Sword was better.

It came with w soundtrack, too, which is enchanting. I love love love Zelda music

I demand a revival of this thread.
I know I'm late but sure!

It came with w soundtrack, too, which is enchanting. I love love love Zelda music
Me too, too bad my CD drive doesn't work and even if it did I'm too lazy to use CDs these days :P
It is legal to rip CDs so long as you don't share the files with other people?

Also can anyone explain this "Ben Drowned" thing to me? I've tried loads of times to understand why it's such a popular creepypasta but I just don't get it.
I've watched various explanation videos but they mainly seem to consist of short recaps of the story. "First Link goes here but then he dies, then he appears here and looks funny and dies in a different way" over and over. I don't get what it has that other ones don't. If what I can find is all there is to it, it actually seems like one of the weaker creepypasta. The concept of a game haunted by a previous owner could be creepy if it weren't for the constant filler I seem to come across of weird things happening that don't seem to have any consequence.
Am I just missing something?

I know I'm late but sure!

Me too, too bad my CD drive doesn't work and even if it did I'm too lazy to use CDs these days :P
It is legal to rip CDs so long as you don't share the files with other people?

Also can anyone explain this "Ben Drowned" thing to me? I've tried loads of times to understand why it's such a popular creepypasta but I just don't get it.
I've watched various explanation videos but they mainly seem to consist of short recaps of the story. "First Link goes here but then he dies, then he appears here and looks funny and dies in a different way" over and over. I don't get what it has that other ones don't. If what I can find is all there is to it, it actually seems like one of the weaker creepypasta. The concept of a game haunted by a previous owner could be creepy if it weren't for the constant filler I seem to come across of weird things happening that don't seem to have any consequence.
No. I've never even heard of that.

I have heard that every in every Zelda game, it's a different Link. They're all in different time periods-- that's why legends tell of a hero in green. That was Link from the previous games.

It is pretty confusing, the general gist is that Jadusable (the author) recieves a "haunted" MM cartridge from an old man. He starts playing it and there are loads of graphical glitches, and certain parts repeat over and over. Ben (the original owner of the cartridge who drowned and died) haunts the cartridge in the form of the Link Statue. The statue follows/chases the player pretty much everywhere (although he could only stay in Clock Town and on the New Day, since he did the fourth day glitch).

I have only seen a couple minutes of the actual BEN videos, but I've watched videos about them that explain them pretty well.

Okay, I better post in this thread.

I've only played a few Zelda games (NES Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask) but I plan to play as many as I can this year.

Favorite game: Majora's Mask
Favorite music: Song of Storms
Favorite temple: OoT Spirit Temple

Okay, I better post in this thread.

I've only played a few Zelda games (NES Zelda, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask) but I plan to play as many as I can this year.

Favorite game: Majora's Mask
Favorite music: Song of Storms
Favorite temple: OoT Spirit Temple

What consoles do you have?

I'm excited for Wii U Wind Waker.

Dat HD ocean.
If I get a Wii U, which I probably will once it gets a solid Mario game (the one that would be considered the next one in the line SM 64, Sunshine, Galaxy) and an original Zelda, I really don't know if I want to get WW. Sometimes I like remakes, sometimes I don't. In the cases where I don't I just don't buy them and don't complain about their existence. The problem here is that I don't know whether I want WW to be remade. I have it on Gamecube so it'd be pointless for me to get it again, and I'm often one to not bother that much with better graphics.
But on the other hand, I love the game and more than likely if I get a Wii U, I'd stop using my Wii and I'd probably be too lazy to plug it back in if I wanted to play a Gamecube game. (I'm assuming Wii Us don't play Gamecube games?)

What consoles do you have?
I have a Wii and a 3DS. My roommate just bought a Wii U, so I'll likely be borrowing it to play Wind Waker. I actually have Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, but I haven't had the chance to play them yet.

But on the other hand, I love the game and more than likely if I get a Wii U, I'd stop using my Wii and I'd probably be too lazy to plug it back in if I wanted to play a Gamecube game. (I'm assuming Wii Us don't play Gamecube games?)
Unfortunately not :/
Though on the other hand, it is rumored that many GC games will be available on Virtual Console, if not entirely remade.

If I get a Wii U, which I probably will once it gets a solid Mario game (the one that would be considered the next one in the line SM 64, Sunshine, Galaxy) and an original Zelda, I really don't know if I want to get WW. Sometimes I like remakes, sometimes I don't. In the cases where I don't I just don't buy them and don't complain about their existence. The problem here is that I don't know whether I want WW to be remade. I have it on Gamecube so it'd be pointless for me to get it again, and I'm often one to not bother that much with better graphics.

If it's any motive, they had to dummy out a dungeon or two in the original. Also, I was too poor to play around with Tingle (no pun intended), so it would be nice to see how they implant the Tingle Tuner.

It's not like they're just gonna make the same game with enhanced graphics. Hasn't Nintendo proven themselves that they handle remakes fairly well?

Besides, it's good that you have a copy, but mine is too old (as in scratched due to my idiot past self) and a good copy goes for about 40$ (US).

Ohh . . umm . . .sorry if this comes off as a rant. It's not meant to be :(

If it's any motive, they had to dummy out a dungeon or two in the original. Also, I was too poor to play around with Tingle (no pun intended), so it would be nice to see how they implant the Tingle Tuner.

It's not like they're just gonna make the same game with enhanced graphics. Hasn't Nintendo proven themselves that they handle remakes fairly well?

Besides, it's good that you have a copy, but mine is too old (as in scratched due to my idiot past self) and a good copy goes for about 40$ (US).

Ohh . . umm . . .sorry if this comes off as a rant. It's not meant to be :(

There's a video that shows that they're replacing the Tingle Tuner with a bottle you can put messages in and throw into the ocean, and it'll be sent over miiverse to someone else. Something like that. The only other difference I saw was I think there was a sail with a different colour picture on it that made the boat go faster. Though that could have been me misenterpreting what I saw.

I think it will be a pretty true remake dungeon-wise. I doubt they'd change anything that major. Maybe they'll add a master quest or something.

Back
Top Bottom