• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lilypad Vs allitersonance

Since I was supposed to be at 66% health at the end of last round due to burn damage, it should be 64% now.

I attacked last, last round, so I'll be attacking first this round after Lilypad sends out.

FACEPALM OF DOOM ABOUT STUPID TOXIC AAAAA

ARGH Yami let's try to do our best. Sorry baby, I'm sendin ya out in a lopsided battle, but you'll do good, I promise.

If we can't win we can still send a ton of confusing and challenging stuff to Noctowl in the process! Muhuahuahuahua! Because that's what we're here for, right?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing you in more test battles, Lilypad. You bring up a lot of interesting situations.

Noctowl, I think you forgot to fix the thing you mentioned. Usually it's expected when you acknowledge something has to be fixed, that it'll be fixed promptly; unless you expect a long delay, it's better to wait until you have the opportunity to fix it before you comment on it being fixed. Have it fixed for this round.

Anyway, remember to take your time and ask questions when something isn't clear.

--

Now for our opening move...

Let's start with a toxic to get our blood pumping, unless Yami uses protect, in which case, use nasty plot.

For the second and third actions, toxic if it was blocked last action, unless it is being blocked again, in which case, chill. Otherwise, drain punch and then sludge wave. If he is blocking your damaging attacks with anything other than substitute, also chill.

Toxic / Nasty Plot ~ Toxic / Chill / Drain Punch ~ Toxic / Chill / Sludge Wave

Thanks! Its really not about the win/lose in test battles; I get money either way, and the whole point is to throw weird stuff at the test ref so they can be prepared if they find it in any other battles.

Speaking of interesting situations...

Alrighty Yami, we're going to start out with a nice, big Yawn. Then, make a large substitute. After that, use Nightmare, or Chill if he somehow woke up by then.

Yawn~Substitute(large)~Nightmare/Chill

Round 6

After a little fumbling around from the ref, Lilypad threw her next Pokeball. Out of the Pokeball flashed a small grey dog, who barked happily and looked at his opponent curiously. Juliette sighed, flagging a little in terms of energy, but was ready to do her best to squash this new opponent.

allitersonance
Croagunk
Juliette (F) Anticipation (expert belt)
Health: 64%
Energy: 48%
Burned (-1% hp each action, -3% physical damage)
Commands: Toxic~Drain punch~Sludge wave

Lilypad
Poochyena
闇 (Yami) (m) Quick feet
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Yawn~ Substitute (20%)~Chill

The newly sent out Pokemon looked at his opponent curiously. What a cute little frog! Maybe he should go play with it! The Croagunk seemed less than pleased to see another opponent, especially considering how tired she was feeling. She concentrated on collecting toxic chemicals from her body, storing the vile tasting chemicals in her mouth. She seemed to swirl the chemicals around in her mouth for a few seconds, before spitting them on the small grey dog in front of her.

Yami yelped a little as the toxic chemicals burned through his skin. It would take a while for the poison to skin in, but the Poochyena knew it would get very painful, very fast. He did not want more of that coming from the frog, no way! The little dog took in all the little details of the frog, the burn on her arm...the slight scorches...and worked out that Juliette could probably do with a nap. Just thinking about napping brought on a yawn from the little grey dog, which infuriated the Croagunk, who was watching. How dare he have the nerve to go around and yawn like that..especially when he had just been sent out! The frog fumed, but then found herself yawning as well. Juliette figured that if her opponent was yawning already...she could get away with a little break too. She suddenly winced at the pain in her arm. She was getting very sick of her burn...

It seemed that the poison had just begun to kick in in Yami's small body. His muscles began to expand, feeling stronger than ever before despite the poison. Yami suddenly felt amazingly more agile!

He was quick enough to suddenly gather together blades of grass and other small materials, and combined them together to make a double. He looked at his little pile of materials and sighed. It was great... but it needed something more.

He breathed some of his life force into the double, which rose from the ground and began barking as well. Yami smiled, it was nice to have some company!

Juliette looked at the two dogs with frustration. She was feeling so tired all of a sudden, and now she has to battle two dogs? Inside she knew that one was a fake, but she decided to fuel her frustration into the fighting type energy that was gathering on her fist. She tried to race up to one of the dogs, stumbling a little as her burn throbbed at the movement, and punched at the grey animal in front of her. She cursed as blades of grass and ash fell off the Poochyena she hit, but still felt relieved at the life force she managed to steal from the substitute. Her relief turned into a strange exhaustion, and she collapsed to the ground, snoring peacefully.

Yami looked at his opponent with a very goofy smile. Was it done? Did he win yet? He looked at his master, wagging his tail, only for Lilypad to shake her head. His tail sagged a little, but he guessed it was almost too easy anyway. He was a little confused by his next commands though...nightmare? What was that? He started trying to make menacing faces at his now sleeping opponent, but it seemed to not do anything, apart from making his double laugh at him.

His opponent slumbered before him, muttering a little, but not doing much else. She rolled over, and then scratched at her burn while mumbling, feeling the pain even through her dreams. At long last, Yami felt the bite of the poison through his stomach, but it only seemed like a little prickle of pain.

allitersonance
Croagunk
Health: 67%
Energy: 42%
Asleep (severe)

Commands: Toxic~Drain punch~Asleep

Lilypad
Poochyena
闇 (Yami) (m) Quick feet
Health: 79%
Energy: 86%
Quick feet activated. Has 52 base speed.
Has a substitute: 8% hp
Badly poisoned (1% this round, 2% next round)

Commands: Yawn~ Substitute (20%)~Chill

Notes
I checked; Poochyena does not learn nightmare.
Lilypad, you are up next.

Calculations:
Action 1
Toxic:3% energy
Yawn: 4% energy
Burn: -1%
Due to quick feet, Yami now out speeds Juliette

Action 2

Substitute: 20% health, 10% energy
Drain punch: 7% base power:
: Stab:8.75
:Effectiveness: 13
Burn takes 3% off, belt adds 2%: 12
3% energy

Sub is at 6% health
Heals 6%

Burn -1

Juliette sleeps.

Action 3:

Sleep rolled 86, needs to be over 95 to wake this action.

No nightmare.

Juliette sleeps.

Burn -1
Poison -1

Last edited:
The poochyena's commands were to chill if Juliette is awake, so he wouldn't actually chill for not having any other options. If you decide Juliette doesn't chill during her sleeping action (which is more correct given command wording, though this is a situation where technically you do either), poochyena chilling isn't particularly consistent either. The default action is "do nothing", which is exactly as it sounds.

The move summary in the end stats normally describes what actually happened; rather than the final "sludge wave" it's better to have something like "nothing" or "asleep" to show it never happened. That way anyone scanning at the end will understand what occurred this round at a glance. If an ability is activated, it should also be in the end stats. I'd also put when an ability was activated in the "notes" section (since you won't have your calculations section outside a test battle).

The substitute only lost health from the drain punch, so 20-12 = 8% health.

Toxic should cost 3% energy, not 6% - you've calculated this before so no need to go over that, I guess.

Good job, Yami! Sorry for giving you something you didn't know, but it's kinda my job in this battle :/

Let's try something new!

Dig down first action, then wait a bit and dig Up, and Body Slam while you do. After that, you'll be tuckered out, so you can just do nothing.

Dig (down) ~ Wait and Dig (up)+ Body Slam ~ nothing

Let's just chill until you wake up.

When and if you're awake:

First or second actions, if Yami can't be seen and/or is underground, earthquake. If you do see Yami, venoshock.

On the third action, bulldoze if the sub is gone and make your own large substitute otherwise.

Chill / Earthquake / Venoshock ~ Chill / Earthquake / Venoshock ~ Chill / Bulldoze / Substitute

Round 7

allitersonance
Croagunk
Health: 67%
Energy: 42%
Asleep (severe)

Commands: Chill~Chilll~Substitute (20%)

Lilycolo
Poochyena
闇 (Yami) (m) Quick feet
Health: 79%
Energy: 86%
Badly poisoned (1% this round, 2% next round)

Commands: Dig~Dig+Body slam

Quick as a wink, Yami began to dig, as most dogs do. His paws scrabbled against the burned up dirt, eventually opening up a small hole in the ground. Soon enough, the hole grew in size, soon becoming a quite comfortable tunnel for Yami to rest in. Yami rested at the end of it, proud of his work.

Juliette continued her slumber, dreaming of the nice swamps she lived in while in Sinnoh. She relaxed a little while dreaming, her aching muscles suddenly feeling less achy, if only a little bit. She winced a little as the burn throbbed, but it did little to wake her up.

It was then that Yami decided that it was time to try something a little different. His ears sensed the snoring of the slumbering frog above him, and began to dig upwards, glowing a strange white colour as he did so. The frog, too busy sleeping, was thrown back by a tremendous force as the small dog pushed past her through the dirt. She slammed against the ground, groaning a little at her now bruised shoulder, and rolled over, muttering to herself. The Poochyena continued to rise through the air, and soon slammed down on his foe. The Croagunk gave put a short gasp in surprise, her muscles as well as her shoulder feeling really sore all of a sudden, but amazingly went back to snoring. Her trainer looked at her with a mixture of surprise and disdain. Really, you'd sleep through that!?

Yami lay down on the ground. His muscles were killing him after that wonderful attack. He panted a little, and looked up to see the Croagunk finally wake up, almost in response to her trainer's response to her slumbering just a few moments ago. She rubbed her shoulders slowly for a second, wondering why they were feeling so sore, and then constructed a soil Croagunk using the dirt that had been thrown out of the hole. Hesitantly, she breathed some life into the mud statue, shaking a little as she started feeling woozy. She looked at her newly born doppelgänger with exhausted pride; hopefully that should keep away most attacks for now, she thought. The sub nodded at her, and put up a defensive pose.

allitersonance
Croagunk
Health: 26%
Energy: 52%

Has a substitute (20% health)

Commands: Chill~Chilll~Substitute (20%)

Lilycolo
Poochyena
闇 (Yami) (m) Quick feet
Health: 77%
Energy: 73%
Badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next round)

Commands: Dig~Dig+Body slam

Notes:
There is now a little tunnel in the arena.
9 energy does not seem like a lot to me for that attack. Let me know if you agree, I am thinking of doubling it.
Anticipation does work while sleeping, right? XD
Allitersonance to command next.

Calculations:

Rolled 45: Juliette sleeps.
Dig: 4% energy

Dig+Body slam:

8 base power + 6 (8*0.75)= 14 base power
21 damage -3 anticipation

4 energy+5 energy: 9 energy

Type: Ground.
Paralysis roll: 37...just missed being paralysed.
Rolled 81: Juliette sleeps.

Rolled 95: Juliette wakes up.
Substitute: 20 hp 10 energy

Last edited:
Right, time for the DQ.
Lilypad gets £20, allitersonance would have got nothing due to DQ?
I get £15.

闇 (Yami) and Cynderella would get 1 exp and 1 happiness each, as they did not knock out a Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom