• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I need fifth gen help

Because you're still stuck in gen 4 mode, Salamence is strong but with so many new powerhouses I'm pretty sure it will stay OU.

Also ScarfMence surprises people.

EDIT: Also Scarf Flygon (and especially special scarf flygon) doesnt have enough power to revenge-kill effectively this gen.

Salamence can fire off STAB Draco Meteors from base 110 sp atk (KOing offensive Gyara after rocks iirc)

hmm, yeah. But he doesn't have nearly as many Special options. Unles you're suggesting I run him physical, which I wouldn't disagree with, but I would need to get rid of one of my physicals up there, unless I wanted to devote one pokemon and one pokemon alone (essentially) to Special sweeping, because let's face it, Frosslass is a suicide lead and can do basically nothing.

Oh, and out of curiosity: does linoone get extreemespeed anymore?

Salamence have enough special options. Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse for STAB, Fire Blast and Flamethrower for coverage, and finally Hydro Pump for bulky fire-types (like Heatran and Arcanine).

Of course, it misses on Earth Power, but a mixed scarf set is a pretty interesting idea (I'm thinking Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Earthquake, filler) and would be better than any of Flygon's scarf set. The only real downfall is U-Turn, but Salamence can live with that.

2. Yes, Linoone still has access to E-Speed, however its Belly Drum strategy is really hard to pull off in any other tier than RU, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom