• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions sometimes i doodle

Re: Everart

Here, I have a suggestion. Can you draw a Glaceon with a monocle on his right eye playing a video game?

Draw a cute lil' boy Ralts with a sword and purple hair dreaming of being a Gallade!

11bu5g6.jpg

Glaceon are hard to draw :O
But, um, yeah.

Thanks, it looks awesome. ~ The expression is really funny, too, as though it's going to hurt you or something...

IF YOU DRAW ENGLAND I WILL TELL PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE AWESOME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

Lol, don't worry about it. I use colored pencils anyway.

Sooo I haven't posted anything in a super long time... But I'm back! Hopefully I'll be able to post stuff pretty regularly.
whb62u.png

Self-portrait! I don't have a photo for reference, but this is pretty accurate.
2zsuzkn.png

This was actually my first time drawing a tree... I didn't add much detail...
300sjm0.png

I couldn't tell you what these animals are, I was just at a museum and I drew them O.o

544599_188974914566283_315356193_n.jpg

My best friend's ponysona ^^

EDIt:
544541_188331274630647_1242086089_n.jpg

314888_188333167963791_1423085779_n.jpg

292402_188972764566498_1006025239_n.jpg

Ahhh I don't like how this turned out AT ALL DX
422293_188972974566477_1253425976_n.jpg

Definately my favorite. Minnie is my beautiful unicorn!
576103_188973197899788_1704656688_n.jpg

(Just so you know, these are all supposed to be male ponies, but Ren looks very feminine and Minhyun... I couldn't resist! He's my unicorn :3)

Last edited:

av0rw7.png

hurp derp

2uiet5z.png

On a completely unrelated note, have a songpony request from aforementioned best friend ^^
The song made my ears bleed, it was so disgustingly cute -~- (Hoi Hoi by Rainbow Pixie - Even their name is sickening!)

Last edited:

540176_192376737559434_1039474768_n.jpg

Doodles ~ This is me and three of my best friends. (I'm the one with the flower.) Don't even ask about the one that's jumping (?) I don't even know.
Also, I know the jumping 'chu's ears should be going down or whatever but honestly I was getting lazy and so I was just like SCREW LOGIC, I HAVE PIKACHU

xekac4.png

When drawing things with circles, like that case right there, they should all be ellipses, and therefore symmetrical. Also, the ones closer to eye level -- so the ones higher up in that one, assuming the windowsill's where eye level is roughly -- should be flatter. Keep at it, though! :D

I went through a long phase of "wow my art sucks I can't draw for shit why am I even trying" but then today this happened and I think maybe I'm not so terrible at casual doodles, even if I should probably stay away from actually trying to draw people. So here.
tumblr_mvgjlttbgv1rhwympo1_1280.jpg

This is a lyric from Owl City's song "If my heart was a house". The song is about love and whatnot, but I found this line particularly relevant, as I'm attending a competitive academic school and have been making it through the days on caffeine and occasional naps in biology. Sorry for the terrible quality, my scanner broke so I took a picture with my iPod. It's just ballpoint on notebook paper, anyway.

I really like your lines on your cheetah and penguin drawing! They're thick and block. The cheetah looks especially nice. I'd like to suggest when you draw paws that you make them more rounded rectangle and less balloon shaped, though. Otherwise, they look pretty good!

Your Pikachu picture is criminally adorable too! The way you did the ears is really great! And the Pichu looks really cute with the book in front of its face! I think you did an excellent job of communicating their personalities!

Keep it up! :D

I really like the penguin and cheetah one as well (cheetahs are my favorite animals!!)! I really like how your style is more casual, and I really like how you kind of symbolized your personal feelings by incorporating the lyric into things typically associated with school! I think probably the best facet of your drawings is that you really have a talent for expressing emotion. I can tell immediately how all of your drawings feel, how you intended them to feel, and even if they're just casual doodles, they're really good casual doodles and I can't wait to see more!

Back
Top Bottom