• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Re: Realistic Pokémafia II [Game]

Ok, sorry for the inactivity. I took 38 damage last night, and I have an infomove. Last night I targeted Tailsy, and she flipped innocent. Night before that, I inspected Phantom who flipped mafia.

I am validated! Well then, Phantom.

Though that is two inspection roles, more or less (plus role play, four!). Well, I can get behind the idea that the whole Alligates thing was unplanned.

But to respond to Phantom more directly, I suppose:

Yeah, that was almost definitely me. STAB sky drop with a decent attack stat, eh? ... But sky drop was only 30 BP, probably for being a single phase move here, and knowing how you flipped, too bad it wasn't more powerful. And not sent in night actions were randomized, so, well.

Also, actually!

I forgot to mention in the post - wanted to wait for you to respond in case you denied it, aaand - Substitute Doll's status report literally said you attacked me. [Can I quote PM messages, Superbird?] I would've actually expected more damage from a mafia member, but considering hawlucha and presumably tyrantrum are innocent, I suppose attack power didn't factor in at all.

Oh, well then! Phantom. We're going pretty fast here 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

Go ahead, please, lynch me. Whoever does loses more than half their hp, that and, well... I could use that fancy explosion move I have whenever I feel like it.

Terrorists don't usually flip mafia on inspection and I don't have any special attributes, just moves, so.

That said, if anyone truly feels uncomfortable, I /could/ finish Phantom off.

Go ahead.

That being said, I might as well mention:

"Last night, you used Sky Drop on Phantom, who attacked you as a result."

And then, after I asked that to Superbird, he clarified:

"The 'attacked you' part of the status report meant that Phantom was forced to target you with whatever move they used. It was not necessarily damaging, it's just that you were the target. As was part of the move's effect."

Unfortunately. But you know.

(But if I was terrorist, I would've exploded already. Seems like a bluff to me.)

Yeah, terrorist always flips innocent in games I've played, and I'd have definitely exploded as soon as people bandwagoned! But hey. I wonder if it's all of us who lose HP, or just the last person to vote? Or the first person? Does the Substitute Doll take the hit? ;)

Yeah, I think Phantom is pretty obviously suspicious and the terrorist claim sounds bluffy.

I just have the move explosion. This is far from the traditional mafia. So go ahead. I dont want to explode, means I die.

Phantom

I have a one-time use attack that gives me the name of a living mafia player, although it makes it so I take double damage and cannot be healed by another player. I may as well use that tonight, seeing as how there should only be 1-2 mafia left at this point.

If you can't be healed, does that mean you also can't be protected? I can apply Barrier if so and you would take normal damage again.

Wow, I guess my lack of credentials makes me a little bit shady!

I'm Espeon. I do have a protecting attack, as well as a damaging one, an inspecting one, and I have Helping Hand, which boosts the power of a selected player's move! I am Calm, so my stats are 140 HP / 78 Atk / 80 Def / 150 SAtk / 126 SDef / 130 Spe.

I have just been protecting myself with Morning Sun the whole time! I still don't have any damage done.

Has anyone brought up the prospect of the Mafiosi having a priority move? It doesn't bypass barriers, but it does move before they can be set up!

I have a one-time use attack that gives me the name of a living mafia player, although it makes it so I take double damage and cannot be healed by another player. I may as well use that tonight, seeing as how there should only be 1-2 mafia left at this point.
Recoil, I presume?

Also, since I doubt I can be OHKO'd at this point and it wouldn't be a huge loss if that were to happen anyhow, I might as well throw it out there: This night, I'm protecting Alligates and, in the interest of avoiding possible healer clashes, I recommend that anybody else with healing powers focuses them elsewhere.

I asked Birdy about Healing Wish (one of my moves) and the response said it will protect VM, not just tonight, but the next night too. In exchange, though, I die. Given that we probably don't have many Mafia left and we can afford to have a few innocents die, this is probably a worthwhile trade. Thoughts?
(I'm Musharna btw)

I asked Birdy about Healing Wish (one of my moves) and the response said it will protect VM, not just tonight, but the next night too. In exchange, though, I die. Given that we probably don't have many Mafia left and we can afford to have a few innocents die, this is probably a worthwhile trade. Thoughts?
(I'm Musharna btw)

Do a 50/50 flip? I mean, saying you're outright going to do it is silly - the mafia won't target VM at all and you'll die for nothing. Besides, we've got so many inspection bases covered at this point that the whole maneuver seems rather futile - if VM and hopeandjoy just follow Alligates, plus Majora, then we've got /four/ inspections in one night, and we can just start lynching on principle/via process of elimination.

Though in the interest of airing all possible concerns, I think Majora just coming out and claiming for no real reason is rather silly, especially considering how it's vague in itself! But I doubt he's really mafia - I'd like to know the damaging move, anyway (considering I'm hawlucha, and well, there are a lot of psychic types around here).

I'll just give out all my moves now - this is perhaps not an excellent idea, but laying all my cards down on the table will possibly clear some suspicions later:

Flying Press - attacking move. I discover what pokemon my target is.
Sky Drop - attacking move. My target is forced to target me.
Detect - protecting move. Obviously.
Encore - manipulative move (for lack of a better word). My target is forced to use the same move tonight as they did last night, though they can pick their target.

I may or may not be using detect tonight (planning on a 50/50 flip), so I suggest not targeting me in general. If I don't, I plan on going somewhat-vigilante for the inforole side effects: I don't have an exact plan yet, but maybe flying press on one of our less active players (forcing an unstated player to target me probably won't work out if I die before I can tell who attacked me).

Back
Top Bottom