• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Post in me or the Kitteh gets it

Re: -Omnomnom Sprites-

the first post said:
bagpinch2.png

*laughs ass off*

Wow... You found a way to make Trapinch look like something that would evolve into a Dragon-type. Any chance you'll be making a "Now with more Dragon!" Vibrava or Flygon too?

Last edited:

Can you splice Entei and Suicune? :D

suitei.png

*laughs ass off*

Wow... You found a way to make Trapinch look like something that would evolve into a Dragon-type. Any chance you'll be making a "Now with more Dragon!" Vibrava or Flygon too?

I have been meaning to, actually. So I guess I will!

ETA:

Dude, you did more than push the envelope, you ripped it open and stuffed it with awesome spriting skills and potatoheading. A must, for most good spriters. Keep up the good work!

:D thanks!

Cool. Mine was overall the same as that one, yet slightly different... cool! :D

lalala bringing this back again because I've gotten a little bit better at spriting.

Scratches:
gira-scartch-2.png
dratini-scratch.png

Fakemon (tend to be a mix of scratching and parts from other stuff)
aireon.png
soueon-1.png
enculli.png

tsukiline2.png

(moon-panther did some work on the male of this line too, so she gets credit as well~)

no-booody love me~ eeeevrybody hates me~ here's a crappy sprite~

homuncul.png
homuncul-shiny.png

Homuncul! All scratch (except the wings that i ganked)

no-booody love me~ eeeevrybody hates me~ here's a crappy sprite~

homuncul.png
homuncul-shiny.png

Homuncul! All scratch (except the wings that i ganked)
Thile there is nothing wrong with stealing little parts from other sprites, you do need to ajust the shading on the wings to match the light source. It's forearms look a bit odd and the hindlegs make little sense to me anatomically, but the concept is nice, and it's an alright sprite. Just sort out the things I mentioned and it will (hopefully) look great!

PS: I luv yuu~

I like them, but there's a lot of black outlines that I think would look better colored. The head has a full black outline, even though the head isn't that dark, for example. Try making that outline brown on the tan one, and gray on the gray one. Also, on the gray one, there's brown outlines; those would look better gray.

And this is more my preference, I guess, but dithering detracts from the appearance of sprites, especially in this case, where I'm guessing that these are reptilian creatures and probably have smooth, shiny skin.

I like the concepts and detail work, like the gems on them. =D

*kicks thread* up you lazy bum! be revived!

So I've sorta started trying more scratchy type stuff, so I'd love comments on them~?

aquageddon.png

This poor guy is really dithered and ugly. :C But i love dithering...

Rosemary-portrait.png

This took far too long. =_= and I have 5 more to go. It's for a thing on dA I'm joining and I (stupidly) decided to to pixely things for my Pokemon portraits.

krystalpogie.png
Katirade.png

Moonyvour and FMCrade~

homuncul-2.png

And I fiddled with Homuncul a bit.

dododo

dragon-eevee.png
poison-eevee.png
steel-eevee.png

Three of my fake Eeveelutions (the poison one is very bad :x )

bellasi.png
Rive.png

Bellasi and Rive, two Weavile OCs. Just minor edits.

Shaymerabi.png

Shaymin, Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi. I used Jirachi's colours because I couldn't find a way to use other parts of it x3;

vapor.png

Vaporeon revamp from... Gold I think?

yuuka-compare.png

This compares my sprite I did of Yuuka (my Shaymin char), the old one on thje left, new on the right. To see how much I've gotten better :3

Splice me a girl that looks like lucario. You can add me to the workers list if you want.Here's an exsample. You can commet about it if you want.
picture.php

Last edited:
1. this isn't a request shop
2. I've already done a Lucario girl somewhere in this thread anyway
3. Hiring workers is a stupid idea
4. This isn't a request shop.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom