• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Decaying Forest

nastypass

that bitch what arranges the blocks
Pronoun
they/her/hers
Berry_Forest_Intro.png

The Decaying Forest
You arrive at the edge of The Decaying Forest, one of the clearly less-traveled sections of the safari zone. Several signs along the way make it clear that no, the crocodilian Pokémon are not tame and that attempting to catch them is a very bad idea. The shack that serves as the entrance to the area seems to be of questionable stability. You have to shake the toll collector awake to get in, only to realize that entry is completely free, as are continues up until your third (any more after that cost $2). However, machete, boot, and canoe rentals are another story. You are given three sections of the area to choose from.

The Thicket
The first is a dense, but relatively dry thicket. You're likely to need a machete to get anywhere here, rentals are $2.
Species sighted:
kricketotstunkyhoothootspinarakWeedlebidoofzigzagoon

The Bog
The second is the largest part of the area, a wet, muddy bog. It's about waist deep, if the measuring stick placed conveniently by the gate is at all accurate. Pools of stagnant water about 6 inches deep litter the area. Rental boots are $4. You can go in without them, but it's going to be a very damp walk home, and if your shoes get sucked off your feet in the mud (which is very likely) it's $7 for replacements.
Species sighted:
shroomishSeviperekansMudkip

The Overflowing Creek
The last is a bit of a misnomer, as it's not so much a creek anymore as it is a huge pond that has a veeeery slow current flowing through a teeny tiny hole in a Bibarel dam. Several years ago, there was a huge rainstorm that lasted for weeks and was oddly confined to one small section of the safari zone. During this time, some asshole Bibarel decided it would be a good idea to build a dam in the creek that ran through the forest. The creek spilled over its banks, and drainage in the forest slowed almost to a halt. Since then, the forest has become more of a swamp than a forest, all things considered.

You could try to surf on one of your Pokémon, but then you remember the signs waring of untamed Croconaw and Feraligatr, and decide that renting a canoe for $4 is probably a safer bet.
Species sighted:
finneonqwilfishBarboachShellosbuizelwooper

Last edited:
I'M GOING TO RENT A DAMN CANOE.

DO YOU KNOW WHY?

DO YOU KNOW WHY, WALKER

IT'S BECAUSE I CAN KICK THE ASS OF ANY CROC THAT COMES NEAR ME. THEN I'LL TURN THEM INTO A HANDBAG SO I CAN HOLD THE SPOILS FROM THE REST OF MY TRIP

1 canoe please.

Mumei: You make your way through the thicket with minimal use of the rusty machete you were given at the gate (I swear, the safari zone has become less and less willing to actually fund this spot.) A perky red cricket wanders onto your path, chiming away with its antennae.
Keep the female Kricketot, or keep walking?

Verne: You row out to the middle of the poorly-named creek, confident in your ability to ward off any Croconaw or Feraligatr. Well you don't get to wrestle with anything terribly large, but you do have to beat a Totodile off of the side of your canoe.
A blue and yellow puffer fish floats by your canoe.
Keep the female Qwilfish, or keep rowing?

Ruffledfeathers: You also row out onto the creek, but make sure to steer clear of Verne. He could scare off the fish! In fact, he does scare most of the fish off by doing what appears to be humping his oar and slapping his canoe's (admittedly fine) ass. Oh wait, he's just hitting some Totodile off the side of his canoe.

You were so distracted by that spectacle, that you almost miss the Finneon that swims near your canoe. Keep the female Finneon, or keep rowing?

Mumei: You ignore the Kricketot and keep walking. The bushes are getting thicker now, and you notice more and more thorns catching your pant leg. You're about to cut back a bush in your way when you notice a purple skunk lurking underneath.
Take the male Stunky, or move on?

Ruffledfeathers: You row away to calmer waters now that Verne's scared off all the Pokémon in the opposite direction of you. Once you decide that you've got a good enough spot, you wait for a while. After about three or so minutes, a Barboach swims up from the river bottom.
Take the female Barboach, or move on?

Let's keep going...=]

Ruffledfeathers: You ignore the Stunky as well. The P.A. System clicks on. "I see that this is your third continue," the toll collector says. "Any further continues will cost you an extra $2, I'm afraid."
You keep going into the thicket, but you don't see any Pokémon for quite some time. By now it's starting to get late. As the sun sets, you spot a Hoothoot wake up in a tree up ahead.
Take the male Hoothoot or move on for $2?

Green: You push off one of a short, decrepit looking dock along the riverbed. You must have pushed a little harder than you should have, as one of the posts on the side falls off. Oops.

The splash scares several Pokémon that were hiding under the dock into your direction. However, the only one that seems to come close enough to catch without a fishing pole is a pink Shellos.
Take the male Shellos (east) or move on?

Mumei: You decide not to take the Stunky and shoo him out of your way so you can cut back the bush he had been hiding under. You notice that it's getting late when the PA clicks on to announce that this is your third continue in a row. The message had you distracted, so you didn't notice the huge Spinarak web until you were about a foot away from it. There are several Spinarak here, all male (what a coincidence!), but you've only got 1 Safari Ball.
Take a male Spinarak, or move on for $2?

I kick the pink mess away, albeit reluctantly. I'll... go again. ;~;

Last edited:
Green: You swat the pink sea slug away with your oar, ignoring the fact that it's not blocking your path at all. You row a little further when you spot a small orange... thing speeding toward you. On closer inspection, it's a Buizel that must have seen you unnecessarily beat the Shellos earlier. It doesn't look happy.
Take the male Buizel or move on?

Tsunami: Having learned the ancient ninja art of being in multiple places at once, you venture out into the thicket, explore the bog, and head for the dock by the creek simultaneously. You also simultaneously accidentally step on a Weedle, Shroomish, and Shellos (the same one Green abused, hah!).
Pick and chose, my friend.

also verne please specify whether or not you're grabbin' boots

Back
Top Bottom