• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Geez. Why would we vouch for each other's claim if we were lying about being lovers and only one of us was mafia? Why would we even do that. I would have been like, pfft, bye Butts, you're scum, don't even think about calling me. Worst date ever.

...okay, this is going to sound incredibly stupid, but I just reread my role PM to make sure if I can be targeted while picking someone up (it doesn't say anything about me being immune), and remembered (which I'd totally forgotten) that I can also kill the player I picked up at the end of the night if I so choose. (I know this is a completely ridiculous thing to forget.) So if VM flips mafia, I'll be able to both block and kill him, which is nice!

Actually I do recall a bunch of misaligned lovers. The innocent lover pretty much becomes mafia. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Yeah, that's what I mean - they become aligned. Misaligned would be they have different win conditions - like, an actual innocent and mafia lover. In that case, as Negrek said, we kill them both anyway. And if they're not actually lovers, then if one of them is actually innocent then they probably wouldn't have any reason to corroborate the story.

I can recall it happening at least once in the past, yeah. In this case I could see it happening if lover were Butterfree's original role, and she targeted Tailsy, who was originally mafia and had the secret-message-passing-power. This is if we accept the premise that either Butterfree was allowed to freely target N0 because she wouldn't be asked to target herself or that lover-picking is immune to the redirect command. At this point she'd be able to coordinate with Tailsy about the sending of messages, and since they're anonymous, there would be no indication that they were coming from Tailsy rather than her anyway--she could claim that was a validation of her power. She'd also be able to claim some degree of night immunity because, y'know. The mafia wouldn't kill her. So yeah, the two of them would essentially be able to pretend opposite roles quite conveniently in that scenario.

All speculative, of course, but I'm just saying it could happen.

I can recall it happening at least once in the past, yeah. In this case I could see it happening if lover were Butterfree's original role, and she targeted Tailsy, who was originally mafia and had the secret-message-passing-power. This is if we accept the premise that either Butterfree was allowed to freely target N0 because she wouldn't be asked to target herself or that lover-picking is immune to the redirect command. At this point she'd be able to coordinate with Tailsy about the sending of messages, and since they're anonymous, there would be no indication that they were coming from Tailsy rather than her anyway--she could claim that was a validation of her power. She'd also be able to claim some degree of night immunity because, y'know. The mafia wouldn't kill her. So yeah, the two of them would essentially be able to pretend opposite roles quite conveniently in that scenario.

...okay, this is going to sound incredibly stupid, but I just reread my role PM to make sure if I can be targeted while picking someone up (it doesn't say anything about me being immune), and remembered (which I'd totally forgotten) that I can also kill the player I picked up at the end of the night if I so choose. (I know this is a completely ridiculous thing to forget.) So if VM flips mafia, I'll be able to both block and kill him, which is nice!

... this sounds completely implausible but it doesn't come to mind as a very scum-helpy thing to lie about, uh

... oh, sweet, we have a vigilante of sorts. That sounds like a rather complex role though o.o Anyway, that's always nice to know!

Yeah, what I said about not being able to act on the info was me derping out. If the answer to my question is yes, then we'll lynch either one; if both don't die, then the other is almost certainly also mafia, and we go for the other.

... Which scenario is this referring to? >>;

I know it sounds terrible! But it would be even worse to a) kill mafia-flipping VM and then go "oh, yeah, I know I said I'd target him which should have prevented this from happening but actually this was me too", or b) not kill mafia-flipping VM when I could, so.

The scenario of Butterfree being lover and having picked Tailsy, who was mafia, if you're referring to the last sentence of the first paragraph of that post. If you're talking about "I can recall it happening at least once," the "it" is lovers with different alignments.

... that paragraph and whichever scenario it's referring to confused me quite thoroughly, but since the premises that must be accepted don't seem that plausible and it's quite speculative anyway, I think it won't be terribly harmful if I just pretend I didn't read it. OTL

So, are we done planning for today, more or less? Because I'm sleepy. :C

... that paragraph and whichever scenario it's referring to confused me quite thoroughly, but since the premises that must be accepted don't seem that plausible and it's quite speculative anyway, I think it won't be terribly harmful if I just pretend I didn't read it. OTL

So, are we done planning for today, more or less? Because I'm sleepy. :C

... I'm just gonna go with that too.

I've been contemplating signing out for a while now, so it's probably a good idea.

Wait, hold up. We might have a problem, Houston.

When I use my power, neither I nor the player I'm targeting can influence the vote. Since I'm reasonably certain that both me and Mai are innocent, that means there would be six people eligible to vote. If all the mafia voted for me instead of Mai, then the best the innocents would be able to do is tie by all voting for Mai, and MF would have to figure out pretty quick how he was going to do tiebreakers. If I die at the end of today instead of Mai, I think our whole plan falls apart pretty awesomely?

... it's even worse if one of the lovers is innocent and votes along with the mafia, actually. Uh.

Is it imperative that you use your power? I mean, it's great to get confirmation of the thing, but it's probably something we can do without.

I don't think it is; it was just to show that I'm innocent. I can hold off and do it tomorrow if that would be better.

I'm not entirely sure why we'd /need/ it, but whatever.

I suppose this means we'll all be switching our vote to Mai now?

If Negrek doesn't use her power, we can just manually vote for Mai instead. With the extension, manually getting that bandwagon going is no longer as risky. (Though given the mafia is probably dying to get me and Tailsy lynched so they won't have to deal with the vague nighttime protection, might I humbly suggest the bandwagon start with some people whose vote is currently cast for Tailsy?)

I don't think it is; it was just to show that I'm innocent. I can hold off and do it tomorrow if that would be better.

Our odds are only going to get worse on your power? We can still lynch me, but.

We can flat-out say: if you're voting for Negrek, you're mafia. What's the worst-case scenario of you dying? Since, yeah, you're dead and our info plan is wrecked ... but we presumably have all the mafia then, so we just need to lynch. Can we get a majority then?

On alignment victory condition ties:

Normally, the way I run it is so, if 50% of the living player list consists of mafia-aligned players at the end of a given phase, then mafia wins.

Could I be running it this exact way this time? Who's to say. Last game, it was possible for some mafia-aligned players (ie the ones Lysandre recruited and didn't yet hand the Indivisible Gift down to) not to count towards the win condition. So who knows if I'm meddling with that again. I could be doing that, or I could be not doing that.

But yeah, now you know how I'd run it assuming that I'm not meddling with it in any way.

Back
Top Bottom