• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

Had a dream a couple nights ago involving this forum, and Butterfree dared me to write a song about Diggersby... I think I am on here too much...

I keep having dreams that my teeth fall out. I had dreams like that a lot in the past, but they're happening really often recently and it's weird.

this has been happening less lately but this is basically the extent of all my dreams

Weird, I've never dreamt about teeth falling out.

I have, on the other hand, had a curious amount of dreams about realizing I'm naked in public recently. They're not the stereotypical sort of "forgot my pants at school, everyone laughs" thing, more just... there's this whole plot, and I'm doing something, and then I'm like "Wait, I'm naked? Did I forget to put clothes on before I went out to do this thing? Huh. Well, that's awkward." But then I just go on doing whatever I was doing, because there's this whole plot going on after all and I'm doing something important and can't afford to go home to get clothes. And if people look at me funny I'm just like "Okay, yeah, I'm naked, sorry about that, but bear with me, this is important."

Teeth falling out and public nudity have also been recurring themes in my dreams as well.

I'm trying to figure out why.....

I have dreams where I'm at school naked, but I didn't... show up naked. I just am naked at some variable point during the day, and I don't get made fun of. I'm always conveniently out of view, but my clothes are all the way over there, and there are lots of people between me and them... The weirdest part is that these dreams were most frequent during the period where I wasn't public-schooled.

I don't ever recall feeling pain in a dream. I first noticed I didn't feel pain when I woke up from a dream where I got hit by a bus.

I also remember a while back I made a thread asking "do you dream in colour" because I heard that some people dream in black and white. People then replied to that thread saying they don't dream in pictures at all, just events by themselves.
It's so odd how there are different ways of experiencing dreams.

I don't sleep much, but yesterday I was dreaming that I was suffocating. I woke up to find my dog sitting on my face.

I also remember a dream I had when I was little. It was just a creepy clown looming over me laughing. I woke up to find my brother next to my bed trying to wake me up because he was scared.

In high school I remember my French teacher (who grew up in France and spoke English as a second language) coming to school really upset one day because she dreamed in English for the first time and took it as a sign she was losing her culture.

I don't sleep much, but yesterday I was dreaming that I was suffocating. I woke up to find my dog sitting on my face.

I also remember a dream I had when I was little. It was just a creepy clown looming over me laughing. I woke up to find my brother next to my bed trying to wake me up because he was scared.

To follow up on that:
Recently, when I was at a summer camp-type place, I had a dream that I don't really remember, except for the fact that at the end, somebody shouted "RARM ROAR!"
I woke up to find that a bunch of drunk people had busted into my room to wake me up.

EDIT:
Guys, I only know Akira from TV Tropes an Youtube. My dreams are still affected, though.
Some time ago, I had a dream in which I was with a guy I have a crush on. It was clearly supposed to be an erotic dream, but I was afraid that scariness might ensue if he gets too excited.

Fast forward to today, after overcoming my fear of having Akira-related nightmares and seeing more bits and pieces, along with a video comparing the anime and the manga. I had a bunch of dreams this night.

One dream I had involved me killing people with telekinesis. I lifted them up and then did something. Slit their throat with my mind, threw them into a wall... The first one I just kind of squished. I couldn't kill Ash Ketchum or his mom, though. Some people compared me to Darth Vader. Others made associations with the Borg, which made no sense. What I had in common with Vader was killing people with telekinesis, not being a cyborg. (I didn't even have a metal arm or anything.) At some point, I flew up to space. There was a third-person-view scene of me flying straight up. I was wearing something red. It wasn't a cape, but it wasn't a jetpack either. (The cape association is closer.) In space, I encountered a spherical thing that was supposed to be the Moon, the Death Star or the SOL satellite, but it was rather small. I punched it so hard (with my still-existing right hand) that it fell apart and then fell to the ground somewhere in Japan along with me.

Less memorable stuff includes:
-something about having to go downstairs in a cafeteria
-something about assembling a rocket and transporting the parts in a car
-a thing where I joined a circus that had a dinosaur

There was a dream where I took home a kitten that I had met at a bus stop in real life. It turned out that my parents had in the meanwhile adopted more cats and one of them had kittens.

And one with somewhat of a story, although it kinda ran on dream logic:
In another one, I was in a car with some guy, apparently somewhere in the USA. He gave me some metal symbol thing that protected me from getting arrested. We talked about Godzilla a bit. There was this exchange:
Him: I like how they made him out to be unkillable in the original.
Me: He really is unkillable in the new thing. Better Godzilla, better Serizawa.
Anyway, we went around in the car some more when we got stopped by a guy who had the same metal thingie I had. After some fighting, my... travelling companion took away the other guy's thing and combined it with mine. (I'm not sure if he killed him.) I suppose I now had a higher rank in their organisation.
But later I realized that the organisation was shady. Maybe it was even the Mafia. So I began hatching a plan. And I had another conversation with the guy:
Me: Where are we going?
Him: New London.
Me: But what direction? Is it close to New York or...?
Him: The direction is to New London.
Me: But where is New London?
Him: California.
Me: Then after we finish our job there, we could go to Los Angeles... No, wait, San Francisco. I want to see the bridge.
So after New London, we went to San Francisco. Soon, I saw a shadow in the water. So, against my companion's will, I jumped in, taking with me my double mafia VIP badge thingie. I guess it was heroic sacrifice in the context of the dream, like it might cause the mafia to collapse. Anyways, I went and basically fed myself to an unwitting Godzilla (in his 2014 incarnation), thinking "this thing can stop governments, but it's no match for a god like you."

Last edited:
Very rarely are my dreams relevant but last night I dreamed I got home and started watching Back to the Future

I had a dream last night where my cat was attacked by an owl and I had to save her. It would have been funnier if she had been hunting down a mouse.

I wanted to go to Coruscant in one dream, I'm not sure why. I did end up in a high-tech city, but it was underground. I suppose I decided to turn this into one of those dreams where I fly into the sun or something, so I flew up and broke through the ceiling (yay dream powers).
I got to another underground city. This one was fancier. It looked like a giant mall and the bathrooms had shampoo and toothpaste dispensers. However, once in a while a person got taken away by pigmen and the whole place was ruled by Daleks.
I didn't want to be in a Dalek-ruled place, so I broke out again. I finally got to a place with no ceiling. It was a dark, war-ravaged wasteland.

A later dream took place sometime between the last two boss fights of Persona 4. There were some more entities with the [two Japanese-sounding syllables]no Sagiri name format. One was haunting the sewers and another one was on the Internet, messing with Cookie Clicker by putting in foxes and rabbits that took cookies.
And then Izanami appeared, accompanied by a Star Trek alien-looking Sagiri. Pure blackness covered the sky, and a strong wind blew the flowers off cherryblossom trees (kinda like a cursed zone from Okami). I guess she had to kill me, my brother and my boyfriend (who might have been Dwight from Haven) for the P4 main guy to go and fight her.

The next night, I had a dream that started with some guys throwing apples at a pre-empowerment Tetsuo. I stopped one of the apples with telekinesis (because I have that in dreams).
And then there was a time skip to after he got the powers, and I couldn't take my eyes off him. I soon realised he was doing it - his telekinesis was stronger than mine!
He floated me up towards himself. I figured he had taken an interest in me. Kaori suspected that too and was looking at us disapprovingly. He grabbed my arm, and for a while he got stuck to it, like our skin fused together. Getting a bit too excited, I guess?
I wasn't scared though. Not anymore. I knew what might happen, but I only said three words, perhaps trying to be seductive:
"Let's overflow together."
But it wasn't that time yet. He managed to detach his hand from my arm, and we floated through the city. He led the way, partially by controlling where I went.
Then we got to the arena, and some fighting happened. And that's when we, well, powered up and fused. No separation between us, just one big thing, crawling around uncontrollably and crushing things and people.
And we actually managed to revert back to our human forms. Looking over the battlefield, I said:
"That was awesome."
And he replied:
"Let's do it again sometime."

In other words, my dreamself might be weird even by dreamself standards.

Had a dream where Ganesha (an elephant-headed god of wisdom in the Hindu pantheon) was added as a playable God in SMITE.

Is Hi-Rez Studios sending future update previews to people's dreams now?

I had a dream where I was at school, reading a really long poem about Japan invading us. (In case you don't know where Czech Republic is, look it up.) There was a bit condemning the collaborators, and some stuff about people fleeing to Tokyo. (Illogical, I know. I remember thinking the city must have had expanded a lot.) Later, some fake collaborators gave the Japanese Prime Minister and "Señor Akihiko" (I saw right through this presumably unintentional misnaming and made the "right arcana, wrong guy" association) two books. The books turned out to be artifacts which caused the Japanese to have nightmares, because they apparently hadn't had them before. They panicked and stopped invading. I said that I'd expect the Japanese to have radiation-related nightmares already, and a classmate pointed out that the poem came from the early stages of WWII. Some time after waking up, I realised that this makes the misnaming much weirder.

Last night I had a dream which involved two people I know from my shooting club being at my school, losing my backpack and absolutely freaking out over it, hiding a baby in a thermos (and coming back to find it completely gone), and my English teacher and her husband being renaissance-fair type people who were giving fencing lessons in a room resembling my dad's study.

can't wait to sleep tonight.

I had a dream that Pokémon Go added more to its AR mode where if you point the camera at people it was like heat vision except the people who played Pokémon Go were red and the people who didn't were blue.

my dreams make no sense.
one time i had this dream where there was a big waterslide then someone told me about pokemon : Black version for the gameboy advance then two guys were fighting and then they got smashed into by a boat
more crap like that happened, but i have trouble remembering past that point.

Had a dream where Donald Trump came into the place I work at, and when he came for his coffee, I said "Here's your cup of caffeine, Adolf!"

Back
Top Bottom