• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crystal League Gym Tournament Wrap-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
As promised, here's the wrap-up thread with all of the gym leaders listed and what's left of the tournament. Here's how this is going to work: if you are listed here as a gym leader, please post here (pointing out your previous name if it has changed). I also want the link to your new ID, so if you haven't signed up for a new one then please do so right away and before posting here! And don't try claiming that you're one of the listed leaders but have just changed your name, because as soon as the real person comes back and sees what you've done there will be an obvious issue. If you do not claim your spot by July 5th then you forfeit your spot and I will replace you.

The last battle for the prize still needs to finish. As I happen to know that all three of you have accounts here on the new forums and can see this, I see no reason not to resume the last round right away. Just as a reminder, you need to post the final score along with your confirmation (the score being the number of Pokémon both players had remaining at the end, such as 5-0, not the number of Pokémon you knocked out, such as 6-1).

You will be PMed with details about setting up your gym after everything has finished.

Entrants:

1. Eeveeon25 (GMT -5)
2. Zora of Termina (GMT -6)
3. Savage Shellgon (GMT -5)
4. Beluga Walrein (GMT -5)
5. Sisyphaean (GMT -5)
6. Mudkip von Karma (GMT -5)
7. Shiny Eevee (GMT -5)
8. Flora and Ashes (GMT -5)
9. Akinil - Beast of the Sky (GMT -6)
10. Jack_the_PumpkinKing (GMT -6)
11. shadow_lugia (GMT -7)
12. MewtwoMaster (GMT -5)

Round One Pairings:

Shiny Eevee vs. Jack_the_PumpkinKing
MewtwoMaster vs. Mudkip von Karma
Zora of Termina vs. Akinil - Beast of the Sky
Eeveeon25 vs. Flora and Ashes
shadow_lugia vs. Beluga Walrein
Sisyphaean vs. Savage Shellgon

Round Two-A Pairings:

Sisyphaean vs. Beluga Walrein
Shiny Eevee vs. Akinil - Beast of the Sky
Flora and Ashes vs. Mudkip von Karma

Round Two-B Pairings:

Zora of Termina vs. Eeveeon25
Savage Shellgon vs. Jack_the_PumpkinKing
MewtwoMaster vs. shadow_lugia

Round Three:

Sisyphaean vs. Akinil vs. Mudkip

Current Standings:

Tier One

Eeveeon25, Savage Shellgon

Tier Two

Shiny Eevee, Flora and Ashes

Tier Three

Sisyphaean, Akinil - Beast of the Sky, Mudkip von Karma

The last round ends Saturday, July 5th at 23:59/11:59 pm GMT -5, but I don't expect these last few battles to take that long. No extensions unless your liver has exploded. Let's finish this in a timely manner, please.

Last edited:
Lost to Mudkip. He won, 6-0.

I forfeited the match to him due to the following factors:

His ____ had moves that could kill EVERY Pokemon on my team in one hit
His team was ev trained (And yet all of you griped when I wanted to use one lousy, ev trained Sharpedo >.>)

EDIT: I hope this counts as claiming my spot. Also, I don't think claiming my spot is worth making a new whole post over

Last edited:
So... if it's me and Shadowater who are still supposed to fight, I won already. We fought when the forums were down.

/me is kinda confuzzled x_x

You fight both opponents once. So if you haven't fought Prettzel yet, you need to, and Prettzel and Shadowater need to fight.

Anyone there? D< Technically only six of you have even showed up (although I did ask for links to IDs as well, so Mudkip and Icalasari...?).

Agh, this tournament is just doomed to fail in so many wonderful ways, isn't it? Fun.

I would have won if I didn't hit run by accident the first time, giving you a view of some of my team >.> Why didn't Nintendo put a confirmation box if you hit run? >.> Stupid...

And:

ID

Whilst I whole-heartedly agree my team is crap, I'm having a really hard time buying the entire team of shinies >_>

Lost 2-1, I gave in. Didn't feel like a stallwar.

For your information, the shines I have are/were all acquired by chaining, which I am fairly good at.

Confirming, but wasn't it 3-1? I'm pretty sure I had three left at the end. :/ A statused pokemon still counts, after all.

That's true. Besides, the shiny Zapdos is still yours, regardless of whether I finished with two or three.

I've seriously gotta finish my Ice team :T I don't think half-Water (I hate the DP metagame because mono-water no longer shines like it used to ;;) half-random cuts it for themed.

And I apologise, I forgot about Kingler, it was 3-1.

I don't know; I could build quite a few perfectly legitimate non-competitive (and maybe one or two semi-competitive) teams with all the shinies I have, all of which are legit. It's just plain not as hard as it used to be. Anyway...

So, with all of those battles finished we have:

Mudkip: 6 + 1 = 7
Icalasari: 0 + 0 = 0
Prettzel: 2 + 2 (3)? = 4 (5)?

Normally I'd wait for clarification on that last one but 7 is still more than 5 so! Mudkip is the tournament's overall winner and gets the shiny Zapdos, whoo. I'm going to wait a little while longer for the other people to show up, but I will probably end up getting those of you who have responded so far the information you need before the deadline, so. (Honestly, I still need to re-find some of it... a few things might have been lost along with the old forums D:)

/bow

However, my perfect record was still shattered! D:<

/whip /whip /whip /whip /whip /whip /whip /whip /whip /whip (...)

The end. [/von Karma]

*Ducks for cover and makes a hasty retreat*

Now if only the others would get here soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom