• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

Not gonna lie, Kratos, I actually thought you could've been the inventor up until ZM claimed just because of what you said about your role d1, haha.

Three mafia kind of seems like too few, but pretty much everyone besides Kratos and ZM has been mechanically confirmed somehow at this point - I think the only possibilities are like, (1) Flora or JackPK is a godfather or similar mafia role that inspects innocent; (2) ZM is actually scum who did that night action to get late-game town credit; or (3) Gzhoom is a scum neighborizer with a great fake claim.

So I guess we could go for Kratos today, or we could try to get as many win conditions as we can and then try and lynch Kratos? From what they've said, RedneckPhoenix, and I think JackPK if he's been blocking someone different every night since n1, have their win conditions fulfilled already, so it's not like no one will win if the town win condition is fulfilled.

*raises hand*

Okay, so. I'm the Turncoat, which means that whenever I would die (except by lynching), I switch alignment instead. I'm actually technically mafia-aligned right now, after having been targeted (presumably by the mafia) - but my individual win condition is to have changed alignment at least twice and no more than three times by the end of the game, and I've only changed once, so there's literally no actual reason for me to be playing pro-mafia right now.

So if we're going to lynch Kratos, can someone (Negrek?) please shoot me first so I go back to town-aligned and can win with you? :D

I am slightly wary of the possibility that Kratos could be some flavor of alien, though.

Ach, I thought it would for a moment, but unfortunately your ability almost certainly wouldn't activate my win condition, since you're not actually dying.

kay

Well, I am mighty suspicious of all this... it sounded like Cynder managed to fulfill his win condition by dying yesterday, and we have another no-death night and Kratos basically saying "lynch me bro," and I do worry if the mafia are setting up some gambit to fulfill their win conditions and then just win, although they would appear to be far behind, but idk.

Personally, I choose a player each night, and then if that player is lynched during the following day I get a point. Three points to fulfill my personal win condition. Which I thought was going to be pretty easy because you have a decent amount of lynches in most games, but we've only actually had two and I only guessed Cynder correctly. >>; I have Kratos set as my lynch target for today.

So I wouldn't mind a couple more days to clear out win conditions if other people are down, but that's prooooobably not really a good idea, we shouldn't give the mafia any opportunity to get back in the game if in fact Kratos is the last one and they're basically cornered.

Probably the safest thing is actually for me to shoot Kratos, assuming that wouldn't trigger an alien activation? At which point we could lynch Butterfree, which if she's telling the truth should simply flip her back to innocent and if Kratos is actually the last true mafia end the game there. Would not allow most people who haven't gotten their wincon in to actually achieve it, but I think that would probably best cover all contingencies?

oh wait Butterfree's power stipulates she can't die by lynching

Well, I think shooting Kratos would probably be safer than lynching, but I can probably just... ask whether the Gun(tm) kill would count for an activated alien's wincon or not.

nvm I don't think there's any way I could word that question where MF would actually answer it and/or it would give any useful information.

So, I guess... Do we lynch Kratos today? Do we shoot them? Do we do neither?

Y'all give me way too much credit. I'm just tired of continuing a game where I've obviously been completely shut down, tbh. Even if RP ran out of heals and ZM's bulletproof suits are only one-use or whatever, I'm kinda not interested in going through the amount of time it would take to pick all of you off one by one when you were obviously going to figure out I was mafia today, or within a day at the least! C'mon, just graciously accept your victory and let's move on to the next one, where I can hopefully play the alignment I'm way better at. :p (Or maybe I won't join the immediate next one due to needing to focus on other things for a moment, but at some point in the near future!)

And, I mean... I guess if any of the remaining open wincons are fulfillable quickly, then sure, you could help everyone else win, but just dragging this out while I sit in a corner and do nothing seems kind of cruel otherwise...?

I'm sure this is more than a little disappointing for MF, but I guess he can wring a little more enjoyment over watching you all squirm over whether I'm an alien or not. I feel like I'm being a bad sport for saying this, and I'm sorry for that, but I've kinda checked out at this point.

well, there should be more than two guns floating around, so just shoot both of them and get it over with
kratos first

Oh, right, forgot that Jack should still have his gun. In which case, does anyone object to us shooting Butterfree, and then Kratos?

When nearly a dozen gunshots rung out at once, some thought they'd merely heard fireworks, and others lunged, hoping that another snotty businessman had been killed. Alas, the source of the noise could only be traced back to the modest home of Flora, who lay spilled over her windowsill, a revolver in her hand -- and ten gunshots on her back, somehow blasted off the small arsenal she'd been keeping mounted on her wall. Perhaps she should've pointed those in a different direction?

The guns were readily looted, but they couldn't fetch much of a price -- why buy used, when you can so readily get a fresh weapon?

Flora is dead. She was Town.

The Day counter is reset. 72 hours for discussion.

Also, I'm not convinced the game wouldn't end if Kratos died as the last mafia member? I'm mafia-aligned right now, but I don't get any factional powers, so I can't make nightkills.

Town wins when all mafia-aligned players are dead, which from what you said seems to include you, so I think killing Kratos and then "killing" you should end this if Kratos is the last mafia.

One Ghzoom and one Negrek find each other amidst the confusion of the gunshot scene.

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Nothing, just... writing a letter to my sister."
"Cool."
"Yeah, it's pretty crazy, I, uh... haven't seen her in years, it's uh... it's weird, because-"
mmm whatcha saaaaay

Negrek is dead. They were Town.

The Day counter is reset. 72 hours for discussion.

One: What the fuck
Two: I've just been informed that my win condition has been fulfilled
Three: It would be nice if JackPK would come online to confirm if he ever received my Gun(TM)

Back
Top Bottom