• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Warriors: The Next Generation.

Featherfur

Warriors fanatic and proud of it! >=3
I need lots of help on this. Please tell me what you think needs work on. The story is in bold. And my user name is a little spoiler. ;3

Prologue

A light gray kit raced through the woods, not knowing, nor caring where he was. All the young tom wanted to do was find his way back to his mother, where it was warm and safe, protected by the warriors of his clan.

His dark green eyes flicked from tree to tree. His ears pricked for sounds of the mewling from his den mates. His mouth half open for the scents of warm milk. His mind only on his mother, Goldenfur, and his sisters, Leopardkit and Colorkit.

Thinking of his family made the gray kit slow down, although he felt like running forever. Sorrow weighed him down like a rock. Why couldn't he be lost with his family? Did they abandon him here? Did they not care about him? He shook his head. Of course they wouldn't. What was he thinking?

He looked up as he padded into a clearing. His eyes widened as he saw three cats, two ginger, and one distinctly dappled tortoiseshell, speaking to each other. He backed out, quickly but quietly, silently hoping that he wasn't seen or heard, and making sure he was downwind.

"But he has all the makings of a Warrior!" the pale ginger cat yowled defiantly.

"Sandstorm," the darker ginger mewed weakly, although his tail tip twitched slightly with amusement.

The tortoiseshell sighed. "I'm telling you, Featherkit's path is to be a Medicine cat, not a Warrior."

The gray tom froze when he heard his name. Why where they talking about him being a Medicine cat? All the cats in his Clan had always said what Sandstorm yowled.

But Sandstorm spoke up again, speaking Featherkit's thoughts: "But what's wrong with him being a warrior?"

The darker ginger answered, "Sandstorm, you know as well as all of Starclan that Bramblestripe is going to join us soon. Featherkit is the perfect cat to fill the role of Medicine cat." There was a note of defiance in his voice, but it softened quickly, clearly showing that he didn't want any cat to join Starclan yet.

Sandstrom's eyes softened, and she nuzzled the tom's cheek with her nose. "I understand now, Firestar." She looked up at the dappled tortoiseshell. The tortoiseshell nodded.

Suddenly, Firestar turned and looked strait where Featherkit was hiding. The fur on his spine rose as he realized he wasn't downwind anymore. Somehow, the wind had shifted.

Feeling that it would be useless to hide anymore, especially since Firestar had caught him, Featherkit padded out into the clearing.

"Hello, young Featherkit," Firestar greeted. "I am Firestar, the leader of Thunderclan many moons before you were born. This is my mate, Sandstorm, and the Medicine cat when I was an Apprentice, Spottedleaf." He nodded to the two she-cats respectively.

Featherkit dipped his head in greeting, hardly believing that he was speaking to the greatest Thunderclan leader of all time. He lifted his head and gazed at the three former Thunderclan cats.

"Do you know that you need to tell no cat about this but your leader?" Spottedleaf asked softly.

Featherkit nodded, feeling that it would be hard not to tell his denmates.

"Then you must wake up. Remember, tell only your leader..." Firestar's voice became fainter and fainter, until blackness surrounded Featherkit as he closed his eyes, returning to the waking world.

End of the prologue. Chapter one coming eventually to a post near you.

Last edited:
Are Spottedleaf, Firestar and Sandstorm canon characters or not?

Anyway, maybe you could make the part where the grey kitten is still lost a bit longer.

Er, what are canon characters? *Is stupid* And that's a good idea of making my cute widdle kit lost a little longer. X3

Canon is the original source material. In this case, the canon characters are all the characters that are in the book series and not the characters that you make up. x3

A light gray kit raced through the woods, not knowing, nor caring, where he was.

I think you need to take out the third comma, so it'll be "A light gray kit raced through the woods, not knowing, nor caring where he was."

You have a good start so far, but I would suggest making it longer. :3

Ah, thank you. *Is not stupid anymore*

And thanks again for pointing that out. I'll keep working on it soon, but I need a cat nap now.

Ok, there's more now. Please tell me if anything needs revising. I need sleep now. (Again...)

Back
Top Bottom