• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Mai vs Kratos Aurion (Ref: Metallica Fanboy)

Okay! Here we go, Kaleidoscope; we're winning (!!!) now so let's keep that momentum and roll with it. Wouldn't it be just awesome if we beat Kratos, advanced, and then eventually got ourselves a harvest tropius? It would, it would. We are going to get there, don't worry. And we will get there through acting.

First, you get to enjoy Yakuza's wasted turn (or maybe Leshy's/Thorn's wasted turn, it doesn't matter) by chilling and in general looking terrified at his psychic normal wasted attack. Try your best to convince him to keep going with your completely paralyzed body, but I know this can't go on forever so don't fret about it or waste any energy.

Next, continue to chill for the rest of the round; ignore everything that goes on in favor of resting by closing your eyes, putting your hand-things into your ears and doing whatever it takes without disturbing your rest to make sure someone doesn't end up disturbing your rest. If for some reason you can't chill (that's an intuitive thing; don't wait to find out please!), use struggle bug. However, if Yakuza is swapped in, make sure he's not going to just snatch your chill away. If he is planning to do that, struggle bug. If there just happens to be a worry seed headed your way (only be concerned about this if Leshy is out), also flail about unnervingly until it gets the fuck off you damn it. And then continue chilling.

Don't faint! That is actually a serious command, and about the only thing that matters this round.

Chill~ Chill/Struggle bug~ Chill/Struggle bug

Loopholes? What loopholes? There would only be loopholes if I tried to put effort into preventing weird stuff and failed! Kaleidoscope, there are times to fight with statuses and stupid things like that as if they are the bane of our existence, and there are times to ignore that in favor of, you know, surviving in this battle and the tournament. I trust you to understand what sort of time this is; you've been wonderful so far :D

Last edited:
3vs3 Rotation
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: Weather moves, moves requiring external resources

Round 6

Mai (OOO)
Currently out: Kaleidoscope
Illumise
Female Illumise
Ability: Tinted Lens
Item: Leftovers
Health: 97%
Energy: 18%
Status: 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Special Attack, 1+ Special Defense, 1+ Speed.
Condition: So totally spooked, you wouldn't believe it.
Commands: Encore (wait) ~ Roost/Chill ~ Chill/Roost/Bug Buzz

Dia: 42%H/63%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 80%H/80%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (OOO)
Currently out: Yakuza
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Ability: Super Luck
Item: Expert Belt
Health: 54%
Energy: 59%
Status: 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Special Attack, 1+ Special Defense, 1+ Speed. Safeguard is in effect (2 more actions). Encored (1 more action).
Condition: I am the silvery sparkly shit; it's me
Commands: Psych Up ~ Drill Peck/Snarl/Calm Mind ~ Sky Attack/Dark Pulse/Calm Mind

Lesovik: 43%H/48%/1-SDef
Thorn: 80%H/80%E/Stable​

Arena: Cold Storage
Driftveil City has plenty of attractions: its picturesque lighthouse, its bustling marketplace, and, most important of all to trainers, its official gym. Surely any of those would have made fine sites for a battle and a worthy introduction to Driftveil's culture.

Instead, trainers and spectators find themeselves huddled, shivering, in a glorified walk-in refrigerator.

As it turns out, it's rather expensive to rent out Nimbasa's music hall for a few crazy trainers to have their battles in. And it's even more expensive when you have to pay for repairs after a couple of those trainers smash a hole in the stage and set fire to the orchestra pit. Over budget and facing a suddenly-inflated insurance premium on whatever location it decided to rent, the league found itself too strapped for cash to secure one of Driftveil's more desirable locales.

There was no way they could simply call off the battle, though, so they made do. And, with a bit of effort, they even managed to wrangle a local into teaching their battlers a unique bit of Unovan battle-style, the rotation battle. He's a heartbreaker... His name... Charles...

In a rotation battle, each player sends out three pokémon from the get-go, though only one fights at a time. Up to once per round, at any time, a trainer may choose to "rotate" their pokémon, swapping the one in battle for one of the two in reserve. Now, though the arena manages to avoid the iciest parts of Cold Storage, the floor's a little slick, and the pokémon being rotated in will need to take an action to get its footing. The act of rotating therefore takes a full action, but is otherwise unpenalized. A pokémon that is rendered uncapable of leaving the field under its own power cannot be rotated out.

The frigid conditions of Cold Storage are going to sap a bit of the fun out of this new battle style, though. It's so freezing that all pokémon in battle will lose 5% health and energy at the end of each round, whether or not they're currently in battle. Ice types, of course, love the cold and are immune to this effect--too bad they happen to offend Charles, who can't stand their shameless aping of his aloof and distant attitude. At the end of each round, any ice type actually in battle has a 10% chance (each) of becoming taunted, tormented, confused, or paralyzed as a result of suffering through Charles' intense, furious, and yet carefree stare for the entire round.

For these battles, the first player to post will post all three pokémon that they will be using, as well as which one will start in the active position. The second will then do the same, as well as issuing commands, and the battle will proceed as normal from there.
Arena status: A portion of the ice was ripped out and sculpted into snow Sableyes.

-----​

As was becoming usual, Mai went about a great lenght of speech in their orders. Kratos Aurion, on the other hand, just groaned a few moves without explaining much. Regardless of form, they were both proper commands, and as such, the sixth round commenced.

Yakuza was still locked into a self-hypnotic cycle of "I am the silvery sparkly shit; it's me" at the beggining of the round. He finally snapped out of it in a minute or two, and realized his opponent wasn't even paying any attention, just idling lazily on a pile of ice.

And he settled for doing just the same. First, he took perch over one of the storage boxes, carefully nursing any wounds he'd taken from all the silvery sparkly shit. Once he was all done with that, he just found his own icy cluster to lie down on. Normally, Flying-type that he is, he'd dread having so much contact area with frost; however, after you spend so much time freezing your feathers off, you start getting used to it. Not that the annoyance ever fades, though.

Meanwhile, someplace, Metallica Fanboy's reffing wordcount wept soufully.

Round 6 – End

Mai (OOO)
Illumise
Female Illumise
Health: 94%
Energy: 43%
Condition: Absolutely not fainted.
Performed: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Dia: 32%H/53%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 70%H/70%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (OOO)
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Health: 95%
Energy: 37%
Condition: Telling all the ice to frostbite him.
Performed: Psych Up ~ Roost ~ Chill

Lesovik: 33%H/41%/1-SDef
Thorn: 70%H/70%E/Stable​

Arena status: A portion of the ice was ripped out and sculpted into snow Sableyes.

Additional notes:
- Mai attacks first next round.

I might be forgetting something crucial (I've had a terrible headache and it's just now stopped) or maybe this is a mistake; do I actually attack first due to some wizardry or does Kratos go next? It says I'm supposed to order commands before them, but I did that last round.

Okay, sorry for the wait, not feeling well.

Default orders are to chill for the entire round. Do your best to block out any further attempts to encore you (flattery is nice and all, but you know she's trying to play you, man), and protect against them if you must; also protect against any attempts Kaleidoscope makes to confuse you, flatter, swagger and the like. If Dia is rotated in and you're not encored, go to town on his sub with foul play (seems like a waste of that attack boost but trust me on this); if you manage to break it and he creates another one, just go back to chilling, though.

Chill/Protect/Foul Play ~ Chill/Protect/Foul Play ~ Chill/Protect/Foul Play

/bluuuuh

I don't feel like writing flavortext right now (besides it's not like we're using return and need a peptalk); words words words those chills of Yakuza's are going to hurt us later but not now.

Have fun!

Growth~ Chill~ Chill

Last edited:
3vs3 Rotation

Round 7

Mai (OOO)
Illumise
Female Illumise
Health: 94%
Energy: 43%
Condition: Absolutely not fainted.
Commands: Growth ~ Chill ~ Chill

Dia: 32%H/53%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 70%H/70%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (OOO)
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Health: 95%
Energy: 37%
Condition: Telling all the ice to frostbite him.
Commands: Chill/Protect/Foul Play ~ Chill/Protect/Foul Play ~ Chill/Protect/Foul Play

Lesovik: 33%H/41%/1-SDef
Thorn: 70%H/70%E/Stable​

Driftveil City has plenty of attractions: its picturesque lighthouse, its bustling marketplace, and, most important of all to trainers, its official gym. Surely any of those would have made fine sites for a battle and a worthy introduction to Driftveil's culture.

Instead, trainers and spectators find themeselves huddled, shivering, in a glorified walk-in refrigerator.

As it turns out, it's rather expensive to rent out Nimbasa's music hall for a few crazy trainers to have their battles in. And it's even more expensive when you have to pay for repairs after a couple of those trainers smash a hole in the stage and set fire to the orchestra pit. Over budget and facing a suddenly-inflated insurance premium on whatever location it decided to rent, the league found itself too strapped for cash to secure one of Driftveil's more desirable locales.

There was no way they could simply call off the battle, though, so they made do. And, with a bit of effort, they even managed to wrangle a local into teaching their battlers a unique bit of Unovan battle-style, the rotation battle. He's a heartbreaker... His name... Charles...

In a rotation battle, each player sends out three pokémon from the get-go, though only one fights at a time. Up to once per round, at any time, a trainer may choose to "rotate" their pokémon, swapping the one in battle for one of the two in reserve. Now, though the arena manages to avoid the iciest parts of Cold Storage, the floor's a little slick, and the pokémon being rotated in will need to take an action to get its footing. The act of rotating therefore takes a full action, but is otherwise unpenalized. A pokémon that is rendered uncapable of leaving the field under its own power cannot be rotated out.

The frigid conditions of Cold Storage are going to sap a bit of the fun out of this new battle style, though. It's so freezing that all pokémon in battle will lose 5% health and energy at the end of each round, whether or not they're currently in battle. Ice types, of course, love the cold and are immune to this effect--too bad they happen to offend Charles, who can't stand their shameless aping of his aloof and distant attitude. At the end of each round, any ice type actually in battle has a 10% chance (each) of becoming taunted, tormented, confused, or paralyzed as a result of suffering through Charles' intense, furious, and yet carefree stare for the entire round.

For these battles, the first player to post will post all three pokémon that they will be using, as well as which one will start in the active position. The second will then do the same, as well as issuing commands, and the battle will proceed as normal from there.

-----​

Both trainers were now fairly curt with their commands, Kratos Aurion a little less so than earlier but not by terribly large a margin. Ownards the battle marched.

Initially, there was the slightest bit of action, as Kaleidoscope kicked up reserves of energy, using them to expand tissues all over. The Growth process would likely have been much easier to kick up in warm weather, with plenty of solar energy, instead of cooped up in a frosty, not particularly lit container; she made do with what she could, though, becoming about equal to her opponent in size by the end of it.

After this, neither Pokémon attacked; as before, they both spent the rest of the round resting.

It was as though the battle had been frozen.

Round 7 – End

Mai (OOO)
Illumise
Female Illumise
Health: 91%
Energy: 55%
Status: 2+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 2+ Special Attack, 1+ Special Defense, 1+ Speed.
Condition: Boring.
Performed: Growth ~ Chill ~ Chill

Dia: 27%H/48%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 65%H/65%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (OOO)
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Health: 90%
Energy: 62%
Performed: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Lesovik: 28%H/36%/1-SDef
Thorn: 65%H/65%E/Stable​

Additional notes:
- Mai attacks first next round. This time I actually mean it.

... Why did I actually burst out in laughter at "frozen" I thought I was able to handle puns. Thanks for the reffing~

Anyway I was slightly less boring, right! I think this round's commands will actually have action. All this stalling is really wearing down our reserves and I don't think I want to left with Kaleidoscope vs. Yakuza III; Maybe This Time They Will Do Something Other Than Chill!

Okay now go Kaleidoscope! We might have a few problems with this but I think we'll end up being fine.

Bug buzz thrice, getting obnoxiously closer for more power; if someone tries a verbal attack of some sort buzz loud enough so you can’t hear him/he shuts up. When you’re doing that to protect against a move close your eyes and try to do whatever to make it a successful block.

If someone tries to use haze in particular or any other tricky status thing that can be blown away by the wind (Lesovik's powders, maybe even a quivery projectile thing like leech seed) use silver wind to counter it; it doesn’t have to status them in turn (it's a top priority they don't status you, though!). Also use this to wipe out clones by spreading out the attack.

If you can't hit your target for whatever reason, your move would be made completely ineffective in some way other than that, or you can't do anything else, chill. Also do that if your target's biding.

If someone's trying to confuse you, try to close your eyes all the time; hopefully spread out things like bug buzzes and silver winds don't need your eyes too much.

Yay for utility moves! Try to get very close to your target to inflict extra damage; sorry but deciding to chill twice instead of grow twice kind of made a critical impact on our power. :/

Bug buzz/Silver wind/Chill~ Bug buzz/Silver wind/Chill~ Bug buzz/Silver wind/Chill

(I haaate brute forcing things; I suck at it so much oh well)

Last edited:
Just wanted to post really quickly to say sorry this is taking so long! I'm still not feeling all that great but I'mma try and get commands up by early tonight on the off chance you can get one more reffing in for November, MF. Sorry. :(

oops it's December sorry MF! :( (I hope you met your goal anyway, though!)

Okay! Time to get serious, Yakuza, and start fighting like the ruthless gangster you are. Straight up attacking taking too long? Then cripple the little runt first! Use psychic to grab Kaleidoscope's wings as quickly as you can and start pulling like crazy. I want those irritating little things ripped clean off her back, or at least strained badly enough to seriously hamper her flight and her continued ability to use bug buzz. If it's too much for you to try and grab both wings, just one will do. Focus entirely on trying to damage her wings instead of "attacking", though all of the pulling and whatnot should still be plenty painful! And hopefully make it hard for her to continue bug buzzing you (at least at full strength) during the process, of course.

If you are successful in removing or severely injuring Kaleidoscope's wings and still have actions left, drill peck. Also drill peck if she manages to break away (not likely, I think, but just in case). In that case, try and get her wings with your beak if you can—not to the exclusion of outright hurting her, but if you can manage to skewer one then by all means, do.

>:)

Psychic (pull wings off) ~ Psychic (pull wings off)/Drill Peck ~ Psychic (pull wings off)/Drill Peck

Last edited:
oops it's December sorry MF! :( (I hope you met your goal anyway, though!)
I only got a third through. But eh, I made over four hundred bucks total, so, I'm 0kay with it.

3vs3 Rotation

Round 8

Mai (OOO)
Illumise
Female Illumise
Health: 91%
Energy: 55%
Status: 2+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 2+ Special Attack, 1+ Special Defense, 1+ Speed.
Commands: Bug Buzz/Silver Wind/Chill ~ Bug Buzz/Silver Wind/Chill ~ Bug Buzz/Silver Wind/Chill

Dia: 27%H/48%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 65%H/65%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (OOO)
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Health: 90%
Energy: 62%
Commands: Psychic (pull wings off) ~ Psychic (pull wings off)/Drill Peck ~ Psychic (pull wings off)/Drill Peck

Lesovik: 28%H/36%/1-SDef
Thorn: 65%H/65%E/Stable​

-----​

All of a sudden, Kratos Aurion didn't seem as fatigued as earlier. As a matter of fact, it was almost as though he had become too enthusiastic as the next battery of commands was issued.

And it would soon be seen why. Yakuza's eyes glew blue as he emitted telekinetic power... But only around his opponent's wings. She let out a panicked cry as she realized what was going on -- he was trying to pull them clear off. When the referee noticed this, he gave off a verbal warning, reminding the trainer about how incurably crippling your foe is a terrible thing, no matter how much technical advantage it might provide. By the time the Psychic hold was weaved, however, a nerve or two had already been unplugged, and as such, wing movement was heavily impaired.

It would be nigh impossible for Kaleidoscope to perform Bug Buzz at this state, as it would be exceptionally difficult for there to be rapid wing movement. Naturally, when she started the nonstop noise, it was nonwhere near as potent as it would normally be. It was still high-pitched enough to annoy all in the arena, though -- from the intended target to one already less than feeling well Charles.

Propelled forward by the agony towards the incessant drone, the big boss Pokémon was very much inclined to mow in with a violent, spinning dive, although the doppler effect would cause it to become extra annoying with charging movement.

The already badly injured Illumise was perfectly defenceless against the rough, powerful strikes. Even those didn't stop her from fulfilling her commands and buzzing all round long; however, by the time it was over, she had the faint red glow of the damage cap on her as she powerlessly crawled towards her Leftovers.

Metallica Fanboy was still a tad shifty over the brutal command Yakuza had kicked the round off with. But he was sure that a verbal warning would suffice about that. What's the worst thing that could happen, anyway? It's not like Kratos Aurion would end up ordering his Pokémon to eat enemies whole anytime soon. That's not something an experienced trainer would end up doing. Absolutely not.

Round 8 – End

Mai (OOO)
Illumise
Female Illumise
Health: 53%
Energy: 26%
Status: 2+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 2+ Special Attack, 1+ Special Defense, 1+ Speed. Wings are badly damaged and moderately immobilized.
Condition: Very shocked by the sudden change of pace.
Performed: Bug Buzz ~ Bug Buzz ~ Bug Buzz

Dia: 22%H/43%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 60%H/60%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (OOO)
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Health: 62%
Energy: 38%
Status: 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Special Attack, 1+ Speed.
Condition: Very pleased by the sudden change of pace.
Performed: Psychic (pull wings off) ~ Drill Peck ~ Drill Peck

Lesovik: 23%H/31%/1-SDef
Thorn: 60%H/60%E/Stable​

Additional notes:
- Outright ripping the wings off would not only be quite hard -- especially outside STAB -- but also probably illegal (not before any actual rule, but before any rule we could assume any battling league would realistically have). Damaging them hard enough to cause crippling is still valid, though. Kaleidoscope's wings are still functional for all intents and purposes, but nonwhere near as efficient.
- The first Bug Buzz lowered Special Defense nonetheless.
- The second Drill Peck hit past the damage cap.
- I'm not sure whether the arena damage is supposed to take place before or after the effects of Leftover. I reffed Leftovers as taking effect after, but correct me if I'm wrong. It does make a difference, although it's a difference of only a few percent.
- Kratos Aurion attacks first next round.

fuck, man. ugh.

No particular problem with your call on the tearing off, though I wouldn't go so far as to say it'd be outright illegal in the league considering some of the things Negrek has tried to pull in a few battles I've reffed. :B

Not really sure about the arena damage timing, but I would assume it activates before leftovers because that's when weather damage should technically occur. So I think you're correct.

This is going to be a little anticlimactic after that unfortunate wait (dhfdhf), but oh, well. Default orders are to air cutter, dark pulse and air cutter, making sure to spread it through any clones that may pop up and aiming it up at her on the off chance she tries and is able to get up into the air to avoid it. If she chills, snatch it. If she can't be hit due to anything other than a sub, chill, although if she's using protect specifically then only chill the first time and try to use your applicable offensive command to force through any subsequent attempts.

Air Cutter/Snatch/Chill ~ Dark Pulse/Snatch/Chill ~ Air Cutter/Snatch/Chill

Holy shit I almost had a heart attack but this copypasta works

... I think.

Kaleidoscope! This deserves an exclamation point! It may seem like last round was a disaster, but there were several things that could have happened that would have been way worse for us. It's okay, but.

It's time to get revenge. He crippled you! (Which, really, only mattered as far as wasting energy; you couldn't have chilled?) Fainting him is enough for now; at the end of this round you should be the only one standing. If you can't stand by that point due to your crippling, then take it as a compliment; after all, it meant that Yakuza was so scared of you and your type weaknesses that he couldn't bear to just fight you straight-on.

Giga drain (targeting energy) thrice. There's no need for your wings to get involved in the first place and therefore it should be at full power. Chill if the exertion of your attack would knock you out (unless, however, you're sure you can take Yakuza down with you) or if Yakuza is fainted and you have nothing else to do. However, I do have one extra caveat for you; move last on the final action if you can help it. There's a good chance that Yakuza will energy!faint himself that way, and at this time in the battle every single percentage point counts. If you have to spend the whole round, well, I'm still inclined to be optimistic; even after the incovenience of last round we should be able to pull this off. And on top of that, if we count Dia's substitute we still have a healthy enough ten point lead. If not we have a ten point disadvantage, and practicality leads me to realize that Dia is almost undead weight, but... it's 0kay. Really.

Giga drain (energy)/Chill~ Giga drain (energy)/Chill~ Giga drain (energy)/Chill

EDIT: You still need to go first on actions one and two, though. Especially action two; we can't stand that flinch chance.

Also, it seems that you've been leaving your leftovers somewhere else and then skittering back to get them at end of the round. I suppose that's not a bad idea; if they're off and away at the end of this round, don't go to get them. It's not to disregard them, really; I just want them still on the field if you faint. Assuming you give me the chance I'd like to not recall them with you.

Last edited:
3vs3 Rotation

Round 9

Mai (OOO)
Illumise
Female Illumise
Health: 53%
Energy: 26%
Status: 2+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 2+ Special Attack, 1+ Special Defense, 1+ Speed. Wings are badly damaged and moderately immobilized.
Condition: Very shocked by the sudden change of pace.
Commands: Giga Drain (energy)/Chill ~ Giga Drain (energy)/Chill ~ Giga Drain (energy)/Chill

Dia: 22%H/43%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 60%H/60%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (OOO)
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Health: 62%
Energy: 38%
Status: 1+ Attack, 1+ Defense, 1+ Special Attack, 1+ Speed.
Condition: Very pleased by the sudden change of pace.
Commands: Air Cutter/Snatch/Chill ~ Dark Pulse/Snatch/Chill ~ Air Cutter/Snatch/Chill

Lesovik: 23%H/31%/1-SDef
Thorn: 60%H/60%E/Stable​

-----​

The two battlers started to show highly visible signs of fatigue -- at least one of them was veering dangerously close to a mere quarter of their full reserve. This, coupled with one instance of crippling, made it quite clear that the fight between these specific two had dragged on for far too long. It was about time that one be sent packing away -- and also highly likely that the other would not outlast their opponent by too large a margin, either.

Instead of swooping for the target as per usual, Yakuza stood aflutter a few ways back -- making sure to keep his wingflaps as tauntingly flamboyant as possible -- as started gathering energy around the tips of his wings. With a few short-ranged, powerful motions, he unleashed a flurry of swirling elemental blades, ripping multiple cuts across Kaleidoscope's flesh.

After that attack, the Illumise eagerly revealed her trump card for that round. With a surge of Grass-type power, she stretched her hand forward, unleashing a bright green beam, connecting her to her target. Through this immaterial channel, energy started to siphon away.

The Giga Drain attack would stay in place for the remainder of the round. At first, the Honchkrow didn't even mind it that much -- he wasn't one for admitting it to himself if he felt fatigue. Instead, he started thinking of new ideas for his trainer to employ. Far more morbid than that little stint around the wings, for sure. Instead of ever bringing them up, though, he merely revelled in the darkness of the thoughts, manipulating the psychological flux into a pitch-black, repulsive pulse.

Being struck by the disgusting wave disrupted Mai's Pokémon for a brief while, but soon enough, she managed to keep her focus on her attack. Which she had briefly interrupted, awaiting for another Air Cutter before using it again.

This time, however, the big boss Pokémon had a much better bearing of how the attack would go, and could aim it with better precision. This, coupled with a magnificent stroke of luck -- known to be comparatively common among his kind -- allowed for deep slashes across weak points all over the target's body.

The bleeding insect would not cry submission this easily, though. One last time, she summoned Giga Drain, and after it was performed, Yakuza was gasping aloud for breath, much to his dismay.

The frosted air of the Cold Storage refused to cooperate with his plight, however; each puff felt about as icy as it felt invigorating. It didn't take long before he suddenly ceased flapping his wings, crashing into the ground for a rest beyond his control.

While Kaleidoscope had finally taken her detested foe down, it was something of a pyrrhic victory -- she was clearly not in condition to hold her own against another incoming challenger.

Round 9 – End

Mai (OOO)
Illumise
Female Illumise
Health: 13%
Energy: 12%
Condition: Torn apart.
Performed: Giga Drain (energy) ~ Giga Drain (energy) ~ Giga Drain (energy)

Dia: 17%H/38%E/Phasing, Encored 2A, Substitute 20%
Rael: 55%H/55%E/Stable

Kratos Aurion (XOO)
Honchkrow
Male Honchkrow
Health: 17%
Energy: 0%
Condition: Out literally cold.
Performed: Air Cutter ~ Dark Pulse ~ Air Cutter (critical)

Lesovik: 18%H/26%/1-SDef
Thorn: 55%H/55%E/Stable​

Additional notes:
- The critical-hitting Air Cutter hit past the damage cap.
- Yakuza energy-fainted due to the arena's effects (he had 4% left by the end of the round).
- As Kaleidoscope was commanded not to go for her Leftovers at the end of this round, she did not restore health at that point.
- Next round, Kratos Aurion rotates in an inactive Pokémon, then Mai issues comands, and lastly Kratos Aurion issues commands.

… 'Kay, then. Can't tell if that's for the better or the worse, but, there's no point in a delay.

Kaleidoscope <3

You did so well, and I'm proud of you. I'm really sorry about your wings, but there wasn't much we could actually do about that. It worked out in the end. For now, you'll need just one more action before you can rest in peace. You might even get to KO Lesovik before you go down (your choice, Kratos), which is neat.

End this with a wish. If this goes through, Dia or Rael should have a decent time wrapping things up. If you can't wish, go with a bug bite—should be enough to knock Leshy out and leave the rest in my team's somewhat-capable hands. Try to maneuver into the air if he goes there, if not, fine. If you're asleep, snore. Don't wait to find out on any of this, and we'll be all fine and good.

Second action? Same thing. Third action? Won't happen, if all goes as planned, but we can't trust much here. Your orders stand unchanged. If you were put to sleep at any point in the round and wake up later, don’t bother with that wish—instead use bug bite to kill Lesovik.

Why bug bite? You don't need to fly.

Wish/Bug bite/Snore ~ Wish/Bug bite/Snore ~ Wish/Bug bite/Snore

Your motto for this round should be "don'tthinkjustactdon'tthinkjustactdon'tthinkjustact"! Everything I told you is intuitive. Move as fast as you can, you outspeed Lesovik; try to ignore everything. Wish doesn’t need that much concentration. Keep your eyes closed and try not to listen. ... Or breathe, for that matter. I suppose insect biology still matters but if I can make the problems go away just by saying it...

If possible, let’s try leaving those leftovers on the field. (This will only cause me problems, I’m certain.)

Last edited:
This is going to be risky, but apparently snore won't do all that much damage to us so hold on, mkay? Sleep powder, then dream eater her energy once. If she's still conscious as of the third action, regardless of whether your dream eater hit, just protect, and pat yourself on the back for dragging this out a little longer; if nothing else, the arena damage will make sure she goes down with you, but at best you should be surviving with at least 1% health left.

If sleep powder missed but somehow Kaleidoscope hasn't fainted on the second action, protect then as well.

(And if wish goes off then we'll just have to hope that the amount healed is minimal (or that it fails!!!) thanks to Kaleidoscope not having 25% energy left to put toward it, ayup.)

Sleep Powder ~ Dream Eater (energy)/Protect ~ Protect

Back
Top Bottom