• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

POKEMON GO: POKEMON IRL

Pixel Chinchill

Pronoun
he
It's happening guys. We are getting closer and closer to Pokemon AR...

TRAILER

Kotaku Article

Basically it's a mobile game using real world maps and interactivity to allow you to find Pokemon, capture them and trade and battle with people nearby! The trailer also revealed a sort of timed event match, where-in many trainers team up together to try and defeat a legendary Pokemon (Mewtwo) before the timer reached zero. IT LOOKS SO COOL.

“I’m thinking about how this game will connect with titles in the main series of Pokémon games,”

i'm curious about this in particular!! :0 gosh i am excited, plus that new trailer gave me a good case of The Emotions.

Cool! In the trailer they only showed Gen 1 Pokémon though, so I wonder if they will include Pokémon from later games? I hope so.

I expect some newer Pokémon will appear, they probably only included gen 1 ones in the trailer to draw in the wider audience of people who haven't played the new ones as much. Remember the Google Maps April fools joke included newer ones.

We didn't get to see much gameplay though so I'm not getting too hyped yet. If it's free to play I suppose I'll give it a go even if it is microtransaction heavy. If you need to pay to download it, I'll wait for feedback.

Oh wait no I won't play it at all because my phone sucks.

I'm a little hype. On the one hand, AR pokémon is something I've dreamed of for ages and ages; on the other, I don't own any devices compatible with this, and if I could actually set the idea of microtransactions on fire I would. It's all going to come down to how this is actually implemented. And whether Virtualbox Android + whatever the dongle thing is called is enough to play the game.

I want to see how this would work in my school. Where would the Pokemon be? The library?

The bit with the boss battle is amazing. The hype train's coming through! Toot toot!

I'm excited, but the last time they tried Pokemon AR, it didn't turn out so well... However, Satoshi Tajiri himself is on this project, so who knows? Maybe it'll be good.

Back
Top Bottom