• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

UK Platinum Deal: 99p!

wait wait wait wtf tailsy are you being serious here?

...wow, you are. It's off to Gamestation over the weekend for me. :D

Wow, that's great. I'd die to get a game for a buck seventy-five. :/ Nintendo does love those deals. I could bring in my old DS and some cash fr a DSi, here.

I wish GameStop would do things like this instead of offering 75 cents for games you've never even played. :\

That sounds awesome, though! Perhaps makes up a little for having to wait longer?

Stupid half term, normally I'd be unable to reach anywhere that sold games at any point and so buying it from Amazon wouldn't have been a waste of about £22. xD

Then again I don't have 3 DS games I especially want to give up... damn you all.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad deal? xD I mean, a DS game costs around £30. So that's £91 for Pokemon Platinum (In a sense without discount from the games being pre-owned or shit) and Platinum isn't even worth buying anyway unless you don't have Diamond or Pearl!

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad deal? xD I mean, a DS game costs around £30. So that's £91 for Pokemon Platinum (In a sense without discount from the games being pre-owned or shit) and Platinum isn't even worth buying anyway unless you don't have Diamond or Pearl!

i disagree, cuz some games aren't even £30
and platinum is awesome. i have diamond, pearl and platinum. platinum is definitely worth it

This was so fantastic; I have loads of games I never play but don't really want to sell because Gamestation'd give me about £3 for them. So I traded in Brain Training, Project Rub, Hoshigate and 99p for my shiny new Platinum game~

I called myself Giles, and I have four Pokemon on my team so far; Buffy, Xander, Cordelia and Spike. Hee!

Yeah, but you never get anything like as much as the game's worth when you trade them in, what with the shop having to make a profit from it :3

Aw man, wish I'd seen this earlier. Though I guess I don't really have three games I would trade in, I play all my old ones. D:

I hate you all with your 99p games!

Also, it's not a bad deal if you have three games you never play. That or you could have bought three really, really cheap games for the DS. There must be some so rubbish they're on sale for £2.95 or something.

EDIT: I just found out my friend had 6 games they wanted to get rid of and would have let me use three to get the 99p offer! D:

I wish GameStop would do things like this instead of offering 75 cents for games you've never even played. :\

That sounds awesome, though! Perhaps makes up a little for having to wait longer?

You Americans generally get better prices for new games from what I've seen. Platinum cost £30 - £35 when it came out in the UK (I think), which is around $47 - $55. Or maybe I'm wrong.

You Americans generally get better prices for new games from what I've seen. Platinum cost £30 - £35 when it came out in the UK (I think), which is around $47 - $55. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Pokémon DS games and other popular DS series, like Mario and Legend of Zelda, go for around $35. Used Pokémon GBAdvanced games go for $30 at GameStop. Wii games go up to $50 dollars.

So if your conversions are right it sounds like the UK has the worst luck with games, pricewise and release date wise.

Back
Top Bottom