• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

GUYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
CAN WE PLEASE LET TURBO STICK AROUND FOR A WHILE AT LEAST ONCE. ; ; Seriously most of the forum is /amused/ by him and banning him within like an hour of his arrival is depriving the forum of entertainment. D:

No, that would be cruel. In fact, anyone who encourages him is cruel. He keeps coming back even though he's been banned a dozen times and it's perfectly obvious that he's not welcome. He'd be much better off if he just moved on and got a life or something.

The only humane thing to do is to ignore him. Doing anything else is akin to capturing insects and frying them with a magnifying glass for fun.

Actually, he seemed civil in the last thread. I don't know why we just don't give him one more chance, now that he seems to have matured.

Why would we suddenly unban him just because he's 'entertaining'? I don't think you can really speak for 'most of the forum', either, because most people I talk to either don't really care about him that much or are just exasperated that he keeps coming back.

I am not entirely sure he understands that he's not wanted here; why you or anyone else would be amused by that I don't know.

If he was smart and mature, he would create an account without declaring he was turbo and going on about communism and the moderators banning him for his political views. I don't think he's matured that much - he still went on about the same things he always does, just without as much capslock this time.

Actually, he seemed civil in the last thread. I don't know why we just don't give him one more chance, now that he seems to have matured.

Some bastard stole my beloved girlfriend from me, and he's a total dickhead, and he said my girlfriend likes HIM more than ME! Should I kill myself, prove I am the better man (by far), or try to find someone else like her?
Notice the very telling fact that he doesn't list "move on" as an option. Alas. I feel very sorry for this girl if Turbo reacts to their break-up the way he did to his ban from TCoD (i.e. continually pestering her in the hopes that she will take him back, possibly through threats of suicide) - and frankly, it doesn't strike me as very unlikely that he will!

I have changed. If you don't believe me, too bad for you.
Self-explanatory.

I don't even know you. It takes a REAL man to apologize like that!
Self-explanatory.

The day Turbo truly changes is probably the day he stops coming here.

We shouldn't give him "one more chance", for two reasons: firstly, he's proven time and time again that he doesn't change, so he's already had twenty-or-so chances; secondly, the chance he really needs is the chance to grow and mature as a person. If you were to let him stay, you'd only be teaching him that being persistently whiny pays off. Especially considering his recent break-up, I don't think that's a lesson you want to teach him.

I'll be happy to see Turbo rejoin if he ever magically transforms into a decent guy, but it's been years and nothing seems to be happening.

Why was Turbo banned in the first place?

Geez >:I Newbies.

Like all members between the last forum incarnation and this one, he was given a second chance (apparently, in the form of Celestial Blade, which I only recently learned was actually him) and he earned his own legit infractions. Mostly in the form of spamming and flamebaiting. So the reason he was originally banned back on old TCoD (spoiler: same reason!) is irrelevant, because he's already blown his chance here. I don't really care if he's changed or not (even though he obviously hasn't), ban evasion is ban evasion, especially after the 20th time or so.

As for being civil in his most recent thread, he was only being relatively civil. He was still pretty stupid.

Last edited:
Actually, MD, find another girl like her sounds a bit like move on. -ish.

And, if the new girl is anything similar, she'll realize he's insane and ditch him.

Regardless of anything else, ban evasion is ban evasion is ban evasion. He already got another chance when the first vB forums blew up and promptly jackarsed himself to 50 points yet again. "Celestial Blade" was around quite a while, too. He's had his chances and going by what he actually posted last time, he may have changed somewhat but not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom