• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Tier I] Silverton City Gym- "Generation Gap" Issue, please hold off on battling.

SonicNintendo

Happy 15th, Pokemon!
Silverton City Gym
Leader: SonicNintendo
Badge: Equality Badge
nofyw4.gif

Gym Win-Loss Record: 1-1 (50%)
Notes and Updates:
:::(4/30/2011) There's been a prominent issue with battling lately. I'm not in far enough to battle in White, so I'd like you all to please HOLD OFF ON CHALLENGING until further notice.

Welcome to the Silverton City Gym, one of the first challenges in the Dachét Region Gym Challenge. Here, in order to emerge victorious, you must battle (and defeat) the Gym Leader (me). Doing so will earn you the Equality Badge. Battles conducted here are straightforward (for the most part) and there are no “quirks”, but the battle style may change on occasion.

RULES:
NOTE: I'm pretty lenient about most of these.
-All matches will be Level 100, 6-on-6 Single Battles, because I like to keep things consistent.*

-Hacked/Action Replay Pokémon, Pokémon on the TCoD banlist**, legendary Pokémon not on the banlist and Pokémon with illegal movesets/stats/etc, are PROHIBITED (forbidden/not allowed) in this Gym.

-If a disconnection occurs 10 turns after a battle, it will count as a forfeit.

-In the (rare) occasion of a draw, a rematch will be held.

-Voice Chat will be left OFF. (Simply because I’m the kind of person who talks things out as he does something.)

-I tend to give competitors 30 minutes after the planned start time to get on Wi-Fi and begin the battle before I try to reschedule (I'm pretty lenient about this). Just be on time, please. I understand you have things to do (homework in my case), but generally when you schedule something, you have nothing else going on. PM me if you've gotta change time.

-Upon losing, you must wait a week (seven days) before challenging again. To avoid confusion, the date in which you can ask for a rematch is posted. If you try to challenge before this date, you must wait another week from when you tried to rematch.

-This is NOT a conversational thread. All scheduling, congrats, etc. by PM. You may see me say congratulations, but only because it’s part of my “congrats you won the Equality Badge” thing. If you want a “for fun” battle, PM me and make it clear that you want it for fun and not for a Badge, or use the Battle Tower.

-I will only accept up to three (3) challenges at a time. Please be mindful of this, because if you pester me about having a battle when I’m full, I’ll first warn you and redirect you to other Tier 1 Gyms, and on second offenses, count you as a loss (not factored to the record). Any offense after the second will be handled as a “tried to challenge during wait period” (see above).

-If I feel that there was something illegal about your team, I WILL get all information from you and do my research.
 To do this, I will suggest a trade, get all information I find necessary and go from there. It does help there trained to LV 50 or 100 so it compares with my sources better. But I'll make it work.

*For those who don’t know, “Level 100” is an option on Wi-Fi. You do NOT need Level 100-trained Pokémon.

**Go here for the banlist.

List/Definition of all clauses used in Silverton Gym Battles:
-Sleep Clause: There can only be one Pokémon on each side of the battlefield at one time (a total of 2 per the whole field) as an effect of an opponent’s move. Rest is NOT factored into this.

-OHKO Clause: No One-Hit Knockout moves (ex: Sheer Cold, Guillotine)

-Item Clause: There can be no use of the same held item twice on a team.

-Species Clause: No using two or more of the same Pokémon on a team. Unown is NOT factored into this, as long as they are different letters (ex: Unowns A and B are OK, but not 2 A’s or 2 B’s).

-Evasion Clause: No using moves that raise evasiveness. Accuracy lowering moves, however, are permitted.

(source; click for reference)

My Information can be found HERE, but for those too lazy to click a link, it’s right here, too.
Preferred FC: (Platinum): 0689 1412 5125
Preferred Battle Times: Friday/Saturday, 830-10PM Eastern (GMT-5) start time.
Time Zone: GMT-5

Pending Challenges:
- Indigo (When we get the "generation gap" taken care of)
- Mendatt ("generation gap")
- I Liek Squirtles (Will send PM either tonight or tomorrow)

Victorious Challengers:
-Respect the Blade (11/28/2010)

Challengers Awaiting Rematch:
-Cloudsong (can rechallenge 12/11/2010)

Any questions, drop me a PM. Good luck, and get challenging!

Last edited:
Re: [Tier I] Silverton City Gym

Capslock moment. FIRST CHALLENGER!!!!

Now that's over, challenge accepted. PM-ing you now. *updates list*

Challenge accepted, Blade. Updating list (please note I've only got room for one more match now).

Congratulations to Respect the Blade, who just beat me. He has the right to call himself the first victor here at Silverton City Gym.

If everyone's as good as him, I'm really in for it.

Cloudsong has finally contacted me and won. However, an illegal speed stat has caused a disqualification. He/she/it can challenge again starting 12/11/2010.

Since I now know how to beat you, I am asking for a rematch. PM to sort it out.

I challenge you~

Er, because I'm too lazy to link my profile...

White: (Blossom) 4040-6087-8508
Timezone: GMT -5 (EST)

Um, do you happen to have a 4th gen game? I'm not in far enough in White to transfer my battle team over.

I have pearl, but I don't have a battle team on it. I can wait, though. I still need to get a friend around to evolve my feebas.

So, just to confirm...

Mendatt's going to wait till i can transfer over my battle team.
Squirtle's wants in. NOW.
Hopefully Indigo got my response.

Yup. Still need to train my milotic. It should be done by saturday, but I'd be willing to delay for a few weeks if there is anyone else who wants to challenge.

Um, do you happen to have a 4th gen game? I'm not in far enough in White to transfer my battle team over.
Oh...

I don't :/

(It actually works out, since I've found myself unable to battle. My Wi-Fi has gone unusable.)

Back
Top Bottom