• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Swine Flu- is it really as critical as everyone assumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a sore throat today. All day, when it wasn't so bad and I could talk, I've been like, "OH NOES I HAZ SWINE FLU *oink oink*". The only thing is, some people didn't get the joke and started telling people that it made you oink like a pig --; So, basically, that's supposed to be evidence that people are freaking out and not thinking. Just in case I didn't get my point across. It really ain't that serious.

I had a sore throat today. All day, when it wasn't so bad and I could talk, I've been like, "OH NOES I HAZ SWINE FLU *oink oink*". The only thing is, some people didn't get the joke and started telling people that it made you oink like a pig --;

Holy motherfucking god. That is a special brand of stupid right there.

The whole thing's blown completely out of proportion. I'm not saying it's not bad, but it's not anywhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

Now if like some scientists assume it mutates by combining itself with Avian flu I admit I'll be pretty worried.
Individually they're both pretty harmless because avian flu, while very dangerous, isn't very catching and swine flu, while very catching, isn't dangerous.
But if they combine and it becomes a very dangerous, very catching disease then we're fucked.

On the other hand they could also combine to create some kind of pansy disease which isn't very catching nor very dangerous in which case, er.

There's still a big hubbub about it here in Aus; 16 confirmed cases or something and there's actually ads from the Govt. telling us to go to the doctor if we have flu symptoms and to cover our mouths when coughing, throw away used tissues and wash our hands frequently. :/

Now if like some scientists assume it mutates by combining itself with Avian flu I admit I'll be pretty worried.
Individually they're both pretty harmless because avian flu, while very dangerous, isn't very catching and swine flu, while very catching, isn't dangerous.
But if they combine and it becomes a very dangerous, very catching disease then we're fucked.

On the other hand they could also combine to create some kind of pansy disease which isn't very catching nor very dangerous in which case, er.

Then we could call it the Flying Pig flu, which would make up for pretty much everything.

There's still a big hubbub about it here in Aus; 16 confirmed cases or something and there's actually ads from the Govt. telling us to go to the doctor if we have flu symptoms and to cover our mouths when coughing, throw away used tissues and wash our hands frequently. :/

It's the same in Alberta, although to our credit we have a lot more reported cases than you; in fact, I think in Edmonton alone there are around 16 cases or more.

Although aside from the occasional ad, there's not a lot of mention of it.

I caught it, two of my mates caught it and my family caught it as soon as I as up and walking again. Honestly? It's not as bad as the media try to make it seem. I've had worse.

Looking back now, I think it's fairly safe to say the amount of danger posed by swine flu was blown completely out of proportion (though most people realised that off the bat).

I wonder what disease the media are going to hype over this year.

No, It was majorly hyped up. I herad of but one person in my entire school district get it and nothing else. But im not around the most affected areas, infants and the elderly.

friend of mine found out she had it only a few days after my birthday party, at which the rest of my friends and I all played her trumpet.

none of us got infected and she was fine.

It's no longer mentioned that frequently and people keep complaining about bump, so [locks].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom