• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Pokemon: Grand Island Academy

BlackTitress

Say Hello to a very special guy...
Yes, I do write fanfiction,just search The1SpinHedgehog on fanfiction.net. I am going to post this as my first fic on this site. So anyways... Summary:

Basically, Kids of 12 and older can go to this school after receiving at least one badge or contest ribbon from any gym in any of the Pokemon leagues. Once they have it, they can go to this school to train and earn more, or get a different job. Everyone has at least one pokemon at this point that they always have with them.

One of the main features of this school is the battle arena, where they host many challenges between the students. They are also taught many subjects they wouldn't learn on the road.

This is the story of how one kid came to this school and the many misadventures he had.

Okay, with that out of the way, Let's us begin!

Chapter One: Introductions

"Don't worry Mom! Everything will be fine!" This young boy of thirteen called to his mother, who was standing by the road. She looked quite distraught, which confused the boy. He already had a badge, Falkner's, and that meant that he was more than enough ready for this school. He lived in Violet City though, meaning it wasn't a far away from his home.

"Just be careful sweetie!" She called, snapping him out of his train of thought. He quickly glanced around, to make sure no one was watching when she said that. He sighed with relief when he saw no one was there. With a final wave from his mom, she turned around and walked away. You could tell she was crying, but that didn't concern the boy right now.

This boy was named Leo Tennor and was average size for his age. His spiky hair normally covered his eyes and was a dark blond in colour, with one piece of it blue in colour. Where he stood, was the Grand Island Academy.

This Island was a short distance from the Battle Frontier, and almost exactly in the middle of the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh region. That was one unique thing about it.

Another unique thing was that the majority of all the Pokémon League members graduated from this school before. Heck, even most of the Frontier came from this school, including Leo's idol, the Arcade Star Dahlia, came from the school.

Once his mom was out of site, Leo pulled a pokeball off his belt and tossed it in the air. A bright light came from it when it opened, and when the light vanished, there stood his trusted partner, Rocker, the Wooper.

"Woopah!" The small creature called with glee. Leo smiled and leaned down towards his friend.

"Hey, Rocker! Are you ready to take on this school?!" He said with much enthusiasm. The wooper jumped up and down in reply.

Leo revealed a huge grin, and then picked up his small friend, careful not to touch its horns. Most experienced Trainers would know Rocker was the male of its species, due to its longer horns.

He held Rocker underneath his arms and then proceeded towards the central campus of the school. All of his things were in the bag on his back, so he had his hands free to carry Rocker. Leo walked up to the campus and noticed plenty of adults gathered around a stage that was set up. They were probably the teachers. Besides that, the central campus was really a site to see.

In the middle of it all was a large, bronze statue of three legendary Pokémon. Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf, each represented a different aspect of humanity; Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower.
The statue was surrounded by a dirt path, where four other dirt paths met. In between these paths were large gardens filled with colourful plants and several benches were there too. Leo immediately knew where he would spend most of his time.

"What do you think, Rocker?" He asked his little friend.

"Wooper, wooper..." He said in reply, as if in awe. Leo smiled at the comment.

Leo started to run towards the stage. Many people had started to gather, so that is where he thought to go. But just as he started to run, he ran into a young girl.

They both collided with each other at the same time when they diverged onto the same path.

They both fell backwards to the ground, Rocker falling out of his arms, but landing perfectly on his feet, still with a dopey smile on its face.

"Oh my gosh! I'm soooo sorry!" The girl said frantically. She had long, orange hair with a blue baseball cap that she wore. At the moment, she was wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans. The shirt with a silhouette of a bird Pokémon on it.

"No... It's all right...” Leo said, catching his breath.

Quickly he threw himself to his feet and held out his hand to the girl, which she graciously accepted.

"I'm Leo, by the way...” He said, awkwardly introducing himself.

"Woo Woopah!" Rocker called out, running to his trainer's side.

"Oh, right...” He mumbled, but raised his voice again. "This is Rocker, my partner and Team mate."

The small Pokémon puffed its chest out in reply.

"Oh! Nice to meetcha!" The girl called in a sporadic way. "I'm Crista, but my friends call me Star. And the little...Where'd she go?" The girl started looking around with a confused expression, then, as if out of nowhere, a small, bird Pokémon appeared on her shoulder. Leo called out in surprise.

"Hunh?" The girl replied, and then noticed the little bird, which was indeed a Natu, on her shoulder.
"Oh! There you are Ryrie!" She said with a joyful tone, and then turned back towards Leo and his Pokémon.

"This is Ryrie, my partner!" She exclaimed. Leo was impressed with the little bird, but Rocker stared at it with a fire in his eyes. The Natu stared back at it, the same fire in hers. A spark seemed to form between their gazes, the spark of rivalry.

Leo looked at the silver watch on his wrist and his eyes widened. "Whoa!" he said, shocked. "We've gotta go! The introduction is about to start!" That was one of the reasons he had the watch, he often forgot his trajectory if something distracted him, like, say, crashing into something...

Crista, or Star as she preferred, nodded in reply. Leo quickly grabbed Rocker off the ground and started running, Star right beside him with Ryrie on her shoulder. With a quick smile from her, the rushed over and made it just in time. It was never good to be late on the first day...

-End Chapter-

So! That was the first chapter of my new story. I hope you like it, but feel free to give advice!

EDIT: Fixed a few errors.

Last edited:
They both collided with each other at the same time when they diverged onto the same path.

This is absolutely my new favorite sentence.

I could add some critique on mechanics -- learn the difference between 'it's' and 'its', you have some extraneous commas, why are some words randomly capitalized in the middle of sentences, dialogue is written as "Hello," he said or "Hello!" he said, never "Hello." He said -- but honestly, if you don't see what's stylistically wrong with the quoted sentence, I can't help with the writing.

Back
Top Bottom