• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

The Pokémon version of a moving platform. But don't worry, it isn't bad. And... They say it's based on the World Turtle. If it is true, doesn't that tree make you think "Norse mythology?"
Majestic, awesome, powerful... Just avoid Ice-types.

First, sorry for the wrong Pokemon post the other day. I had to change the post format just so that the circumstances don't recur. Anyways, Torterra is the physical tank. Nice design, nice stats, interesting Pokedex entry. Notice that the fourth gen. starters could inflict super-effective attacks to each other using an attack of one of their types.

Notice that the fourth gen. starters could inflict super-effective attacks to each other using an attack of one of their types.

If they weren't their primary types, the triangle would be reversed. And Empoleon isn't weak to Grass, so Torterra has to be Ground.
Also, all the secondary types are good against Rock. And they are the only types resistant to it.

But Torterra is obviously better than both a Fighting-type and a penguin that is Water and something other than Ice.

I would like to build a hut under Torterra's tree and write a book called Walden II to describe my life on Torterra.

Its the best looking gen 4 starter, that's for sure. Too slow for my tastes though.

Slow? So is Carracosta, and Archeops is nothing to admire. Torterra is the kind of slow that is still good. Majestic without wings, awesome without blades (or lava), and looks like a Norse Mythology reference without being legendary.

Ew. I always hated it as you had to trade for it and I didn't get trade capabilities for a long time. Trades suck.

Huntail, one of those mons that is so easily forgettable. Copetatively it's just one in a bunch of many, many water types, and there are so much better choices that it's not even worth glancing at Huntail. Design-wise it's ok, I suppose. Could've been worse, but it's not too interesting. And it requires trading to evolve. Well, that's not so sad, I'd never use one anyway <.<

I have hated the Clamperl evolution line ever since I laid my eyes on them. Huntail is average at best. The design is sub-par in my mind (unoriginal). Even if Huntail has Tail Glow, it isn't great. Huntail is one of those Pokemon that you love to HATE. :yawn:

Always wanted one in RSE, now I don't really care, but apparantly it's counterpart can rock around the metagame due to Shell Smash.

I dunno, it's a typical sub-par water type that has a angler fish/eel design.

I get Gorebyss and Huntail mixed up sometimes. Huntail's the cool one, right?

Okay yeah, Huntail's the cool one.

I really love Huntail's design and I feel bad that it's so underused/underappreciated. I keep meaning to train one but I've never gotten around to it.

Am I the only one who finds Huntail pretty cool?

Trade evolutions are uncool, but.

As seen in later posts, no. I like all three members of the evolutionary line, actually! I've never actually gotten a gorebyss or huntail due to trade evolutions, but both of them have good qualities. (I've always thought huntail should learn tail glow, though. That they don't is slightly sad.)

I kinda like Huntail's design but am not really inclined to use it; firstly the whole need to trade to evolve it with items not easily obtainable early (and given they're just water types I'd just go with others I prefer anyways) and movepools that don't offer much different to other Pokemon as well.

It's... a trade evolution... I can never get it...

I think the only reason why it isn't part Dark is that making Gorebyss part Psychic would
feel weird. But then again, Gorebyss could be Dark as well.

Is there any explanation for a creature like Clamperl to evolve into a fish?

A creepy deep sea fish with a big mouth and a creepy deep sea fish with a small mouth. Could that be why they are connected?

Also, I think that Huntail is sort of ugly. It is probably supposed to, but... Blue and orange?

Back
Top Bottom