• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

^
I agree on all points. Exactly why I dislike Clamperl and it's evos.
New day for me, so..
Scyther.png

Scyther is kind of overrated, but I'm hoping we can get back to the simpler times and enjoy it for a bit.
I always forget movelists, but what I can remember of Scyther's seems pretyy great.
The fact that it can't learn Fly is annoying. Imagine flying around the city on THAT
And then there's...it's Scyther. And it's evo, Scizor, rocks too.

On this picture, the face reminds me of Mewtwo. But that's because he's looking at us and his nose is pointing down so his face looks flat.

Blades are the kind of physical that is awesome, and Scyther is... sleek and agile, dealing decent damage using speed and sharpness rather than plain old physical strength. Much better than Pinsir.

This was THE coolest thing ever back in gold, personally. It's a bit of a shame that it's been shadowed by newer and more powerful bugs over time.

I always thought that a team with it and Kabutops would be godly, at least when I was younger....

The fact that it can't learn Fly is annoying. Imagine flying around the city on THAT
They've been stated not to be particularly fond of flying, so.

Also, Pokédex entries frequently point to the fact that it's a frickin' ninja. The fact that it also looks extremely cool borders on overkill. Or should I say, overcool.

I remember when I was 5, I was trying to evolve my Syther in Gold, but I didn't know you needed to trade it to evolve it.

Scyther is one of those pre-evolutions that can be argued to be better than its evolution. It has always been a nice Pokemon to look at and use in battle. Not even the double Rock-type weakness scares me.

Scyther reminds me of my Crystal run where I massacred everything with Feraligatr, Sandslash, Sneasel, and Scyther. I only used those four Pokemon and they were underleveled at the E4 (like only mid-30's?) and I still swept them easily. Scyther is a BAMF.

Scyther's pretty cool. I tried desperately to catch one in DP and HGSS, but I kinda stopped bothering in BW. I just figured if the chance came, I would go for it.

Oh, yeah one last thing 'bout huntail, as sv pointed out, how the hell does a clam evolve into a frickin' sea-serpent thingie? Why is everyone all over masquerain? So it swithced order, theyre still both bugs, this thing jumped a whole phylum and no one noticed? Just whut?

Right, right, speaking of bugs... Holy shit Scyther!!! Scyther is like the embodiment of badass and awesome! It's got blades for arms damnit!! It's so goddamn awesome!! FUCK!! So awesome! Gaaah! *dies from awesome overdose*

Naah, but seriously, this mon is so damn cool. I mean look at it! That desin screams badass. Perhaps not the best pokemon competatively, but that's why it evolves into Scizor who's been top ranked since it got bullet punch. (BOOOLEET PAWNCH!!)

It may be worth mentioning that Scyther are so rad one of them has a written backstory elsewhere within this very site.

The thing about flying reminds me of that one dream where I was a Scyther. But that's sort of irrelevant.

Yep, Scyther is pretty cool. Back when PMD Hardcore was still interesting, one of my main characters was a Scyther because I considered it awesome enough to snag a main role. ~

As for the Pokémon itself, it's a giant bug with swords for arms. What could be better. It's sort of weird saying that because I'm the only girl I know who likes bugs, but that's my opinion, I guess.

I like scyther though I have never really used one. I prefer it over scizor, though my bro had a strong scizor (that was hacked to be fair).

So, I decided to use the RNG thingie on my calculator for choosing the next Pokémon, and I got...
453Croagunk.png

Croagunk.

I don't like it very much. It's ugly, and the type combination corresponds with it. Why aren't there any cute frog Pokémon? Even one of those frogs could be made into a cute Pokémon, and it could be Water/Poison.
And the gender difference... Is that chest emphasis? On an amphibian?

What you don't think Politoed is cute? ;_;

Also the only gender difference is in the colour, I think?

Politoed is cute, but not in a 'meh I am sort of tired or stoned' sort of way that scraggy and croagunk have. :)

Tympole is the only frog-ish Pokemon that can really be called "cute"

EDIT: Also Poliwag, but both count as Tadpoles, don't they?

Croagunk has to be one of my very favorite fourth generation Pokémon! Yes, they're not mindnumbingly adorable, but they have an attitude that really fits their design. I had one on my Platinum team that was pretty BA. Never gave her a nickname, though. I love the little things in Pastoria that involved Croagunk. Like the cardboard cutout of Croagunk that would occasionally have a real Croagunk appear and walk into the marsh. The Croagunk in PMD was one of my favorite minor characters, too.

From the little I've seen from the Diamond and Pearl Arc, however, Brock's Croagunk never really appealed to me. His role just seemed to be yet another replacement from the Misty-pulling-Brock's-ear-gag and wasn't much of an actual character. Besides the Deerling Skin(s) for the CGear, Croagunk's has to be my favorite US released one.

Back
Top Bottom