• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Pokemon do you transfer?

Spoon

Pronoun
she
Since the IV Generation, players have been able to preform a one-way Pokemon transfer to the current system, I'm sure this has been used by some of you here. And questions are interesting, so why not?

I prefer keeping my team in the game I raised them in, but I do use transferring for minor Pokedex completion. In IV Gen, I used the transfer feature to get the backdrops from each game and obtain a Snorlax and Kecleon for two Poketch apps. In V Gen, I transferred both my Celebi and shiny Entei, along with some random Pokemon, for the Zorua and Zoroark events. So other than that, I haven't used it all that much.

Transfer ALL the pokemons!

In all seriousness, everything I train ever or plan to train or don't have. I take most duplicates too, as long as they're good pokemon or ones I've raised.

I transfer for trading fodder, Pokedex completion and my completed teams. Things I leave behind are Pokemon whose EV training isn't done, and potential parents of future breeding projects (daddies and OU moms with good IVs, stuff like that). Breeding and training was just easier to do in Platinum.

I usually transfer my main team, legendaries (hi Colosseum pre-order Jirachi) and thing solely so i can have like three experience shares ("wait why is there a random slowpoke OH MY GOD EXPERIENCE SHARE")

EV trained Pokemon and event Pokemon, usually. Unless I'm starting a new file on the other game, in which case I'll transfer my team and all the other Pokemon I care about.

Back in the days of GSC I transferred a lot of my Pokémon from Blue to Gold, but the transfer was reversible...

Nowadays you can breed in the donor game so the transfer doesn't mean you lose anything (except legends... but you can always restart for those).

I transfer everything, quite literally, because I restart old games all the time for monotype or nuzlocke challenges. Then I transfer those and restart again.

I only transfer Pokemon I want to use for battling or breeding. I'm not quite masochistic enough to want to complete my B/W Pokedex, and I like leaving my team on the game on which they were raised - they'll probably only sit in a PC if I do transfer them over, but at least if they stay on their home game, they're with friends and the trainer they love ;;

I transfer Pokemon that I use in battle or Pokemon that I use for breeding purposes. Ugh...I regret the hours on end capturing them on the Poke Transfer.

I'm willing to transfer everything, but it's worth noting that I usually play on flashcarts :V so I can just duplicate everything before transferring ...

Considering I lost my Black, and I no longer have White due to the robbery a couple months ago, I have not transfered in a while. Although, I normally transfer shinies (as if I ever got any ;_;) pokemon that I just plain love, legends, 100s, and ones that are good for battling. I leave the rest. Screw the pokédex.

Everything is and always will be in my Diamond game

Kinda sad though to look through my Sapphire game
Maybe I'm just getting too attached to shit that doesn't matter, but seeing the little player guy I made eight years ago and played hundreds of hours on with friends I haven't even seen in years, and then seeing that all that progress is gone out of that game and there's virtually nothing left in any of the boxes.. I dunno. It feels sad and nostalgic and like a ghost town. Almost enough to make me wish I hadn't migrated everything. Almost.

Back
Top Bottom