• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Games: Pokemon Black and White 2

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
Just announced!

smash0212.jpg

Looks like they're breaking the pattern of two versions -> third version with more features and this time making sequels. :o This is something they haven't done before and I AM EXCITE. Serebii says they're going to be on the DS (not the 3DS, though they'll have DSi and 3DS extras) and they'll be out in Japan in June (!!! which seems pretty close, maybe they'll even be out worldwide later this year?)

Edit: Kyurem gets two new formes, one combined with Reshiram and the other with Zekrom, and it looks like these are going to be the cover legendaries. It also looks like they're switching and are going to be in the version title that matches their color:

tumblr_lzz2wjlrWW1qbluvco1_500.jpg

Reshi-rem is a BAMF, I already know which one I want :I

I see red and blue in the logos. *crosses fingers* postgamehoennpostgamehoennpostgamehoennpostgamehoenn

Last edited:
763737_1322172907.gif

Definitely getting the one with a Kyurem/Reshiram hybrid! I never liked them before, but the new design is amazing. And since that's probably the sequel to White, it means I won't have to switch games.

I will be so overjoyed if post-game Hoenn. Especially if the old secret bases are brought back.

Last edited:
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!
I just knew Kyurem'd get new formes! *dances around*
Can't wait for these. I hope they have contests, 'cause the Pokemon musical ruined B/W for me with it's....photoshop-ness.

tumblr_lxp0gkQDdh1r9uj8bo1_400.gif

That's all there is to say on the subject of the new games.

....Except that I hope the final names aren't B/W 2. Maybe, like, Dark Version and Light Version? *shrug*
Probably not going to happen, but.

Considering that there were two hidden signatures, that's quite fitting.

It's also fitting in that decision-making and priorities are pretty much one of the generation's themes, so, just settling for the third version when that comes out won't work now. I guess that won't be quite as... black and white.

Totally getting White 2. Zekrom is more badass than Reshiram, but Reshi-rem is more badass than Zek-rem.

Also, I still would prefer proper remakes for R/S.

I wonder...Would the God Stone be incorporated in this somehow? Maybe you use the God Stone plus Light stone for White 2 and God Stone plus Dark stone for Black 2?

I can't wait for these new games!

I'm gonna get both! They will both be bawss. So I guess we're not gonna get a Grey version. But who cares! We get THIS!

I think Kyurom looks cooler than Kyuram! But I DON'T REALLY CARE YAY NEW POKEMON GAMES

:D :D :D

I am easily pleased shut up

That's cool. :D I'll probably get Black again. I'm excited for this!

Though, like Seeker, I hope that they get better names. Adding a "2" behind a title of something is so cliché

1912-so-much-win.jpg

Wooo! But this means, if I'm right, it'll be out for America in December. Which would be awesome, but would make pre-orders awkward and difficult. Anyways, New Games, and they'll have move tutors!

I will be so overjoyed if post-game Hoenn. Especially if the old secret bases are brought back.
I personally doubt it - if they bring back Hoenn this gen it'll be in its own separate game/s because they'll make way more profit that way.

I like how yet again the fandom was blindsided - hardly anyone expected two games, and it to possibly have a brand new story on top of it, haha. I am curious to see what happens!

For the DS is also a surprise, to say the least.

I honestly don't know whether to be SUPER EXCITED OMG because NEW POKEMON GAMES, or roll my eyes because seriously Nintendo, do we really need two versions for the sequel?

Also, postgame Hoenn = hell yes. Though they'll probably make separate games if they decide to remake them, as Mr. Fancy Pants said.

I like the fact that people are genuinely surprised that they're making two versions. Look at the series we're discussing here. You will find the answer within you, my child.

I dunno how likely postgame Hoenn is myself, but honestly - they completely out-of-left-field break a pattern that's been in place since the beginning of the series and people are still assuming there's gonna be a remake that follows suit with the past two gens :v? I think this is their opportunity to really surprise us all with something different. Black and White ended with N going off to "a faraway land", and Unova has an airport*. If they don't at least take us somewhere else I will be very disappoint.

* i know it's just for cargo planes but it's not hard to disregard that like they do with everything else in the series, or have skyla take you somewhere personally idk

I mean if they do end up just remaking RS I'll still buy it and love the hell out of it, but I really want them to do something more interesting this time. A DS cartridge can only hold so much though, I realize. Ah well. :c

I dunno how likely postgame Hoenn is myself, but honestly - they completely out-of-left-field break a pattern that's been in place since the beginning of the series and people are still assuming there's gonna be a remake that follows suit with the past two gens :v? I think this is their opportunity to really surprise us all with something different. Black and White ended with N going off to "a faraway land", and Unova has an airport*. If they don't at least take us somewhere else I will be very disappoint.

* i know it's just for cargo planes but it's not hard to disregard that like they do with everything else in the series, or have skyla take you somewhere personally idk

I mean if they do end up just remaking RS I'll still buy it and love the hell out of it, but I really want them to do something more interesting this time. A DS cartridge can only hold so much though, I realize. Ah well. :c
I won't deny that I wouldn't mind Hoenn in it either (because, well, two regions!) but I think in this case the money reason is good enough for them to resist pushing it into BW2 and instead release them as separate games (assuming Hoenn appears at all). But given we hardly know anything at this stage we'll just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom