• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Games: Pokemon Black and White 2

Being the shameless fan I am, I'm hopeless excited for this. I prefer White Kyurem to Black Kyurem, but I don't think either of them will ever be my favorite 'mon. However, it's interesting that they flipped, well half of, the mascots for their respective version. And I'm surprised at the Meloetta reveal, too, since been less than a month after Keldeo's. I'm sure it's too much to hope for new Pokemon and probably for a new region (or Hoenn), but I'm curious about if there'll be new protagonists and how far after Black and White these two will take.

Last edited:
This is so great. And I'm especially glad it's for the DS. Kyurom and Kyuram both look just as cool and the games both look equally awesome so I think I'll just get both. And any chance of Hoenn, however unlikely, makes me happy, since I never actually played those games. This is exciting.

This seems cool! but my first question is... how are they sequels? Does your story/team carry over from BW or do you have to start over? Because if it's the latter that's going to seem an awful lot like you're just playing the same game twice. :o

I'm kinda hoping there isn't a Hoenn postgame because I'd 10x prefer standalone Hoenn remakes.

Well, it makes sense to me now that Reshiram is now for White and Zekrom is now for Black - they're the legendaries you didn't get in the first game that N flew away with. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they pick up where B/W left off, you end up tracking down N, and Kyurem gets involved somehow.

I'm kind of expecting new protagonists if the plot starts in Unova and it's a sequel. Possibly with Hilbert/Hilda and Cheren/Bianca getting a similar treatment as Red in G/S.

I'm kind of expecting new protagonists if the plot starts in Unova and it's a sequel. Possibly with Hilbert/Hilda and Cheren/Bianca getting a similar treatment as Red in G/S.

I hope not. I'd love it if Hilda/Hilbert were the protagonist of these games as well.

I never bought Black or White because with all the previous generations, I bought one of the games and ended up buying the third version anyway. So I thought I'd sit it out this time and wait for Gray.

Darn, if these are actual sequels, looks like I'm going to have to get two games at once :(

What I'm interested in is what this means for the Hoenn remakes if they're going to be there. Now that they doubled up on this third game, they might end up releasing only an Emerald remake instead of dual RS remakes, which IMHO would be loads better.

Oh Nintendo <333 I can forgive your blantant money-grabbing by making two games that will almost certianly be the same because you're not being blatantly money-grabbing and making this for the 3DS instead of the regular DS. Bless you.

It makes sense there'd be two, really. Black and White were different enough that a single third version would have kind of inevitably had to make one of them canon and the other not.

What I'm interested in is the sequel aspect - the third versions have always been alternate versions of the main games' plot, not continuations of it. N coming back seems like a given, but playing as the same protagonist and continuing with the same team as in Black and White seems kind of impossible for the difficulty level - some people trained their teams to level fifty and some to level 100, so what on earth could the opponents' levels be? A new protagonist, starting out as a trainer at the beginning of B2/W2 makes more sense.

Counting the days before somebody e-mails me going "Hey, just a heads up, there are these Black and White sequels in the works called Black 2 and White 2! Go to Serebii.net to see them!"

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS FREAKING EPIC AAAAAAAAAH!!!

*herhrm* Sorry 'bout that, but it is pretty epic. Am I the only one who think this explains Kyurems tail? Seriously though, this really took me by surprise, and it makes Kyurem soo much more awesome now. I am speechless. And I wouldn't bet my money on Hoenn post-game, but as we've just witnessed they did just screw the rules, so yeah, it's a possibility.

We should play as N!

Uh, ignore that.

Looking forward to these games. Might get the white one but I dunno, I have white on me now. *will have to see which one has whimsicott*

I

What

Sequel Games

In Pokémon

What

THESE 15 YEARS HAVE BEEN LIES

EDIT: ohwaitGCSwasadirectsequeltoRBY*hides*

Last edited:
N coming back seems like a given, but playing as the same protagonist and continuing with the same team as in Black and White seems kind of impossible for the difficulty level - some people trained their teams to level fifty and some to level 100, so what on earth could the opponents' levels be? A new protagonist, starting out as a trainer at the beginning of B2/W2 makes more sense.

They could always still use Hilda/Hilbert. Just do what the anime does and have the pair choose to stat over in a whatever region N flew off to at the end of BW.

EDIT: ohwaitGCSwasadirectsequeltoRBY*hides*

Not really. RGB didn't have any loose ends to tie up and GSC was a whole new story rather than a continuation of RGB's story.

If the games still take place in Unova, what do you think they'll do to make the games more interesting setting wise? If not what do you think Game Freak will use a pre-existing region or an entirely new one?

Also considering Orre is based off of Arizona, do you think there's any chance for it to be BW2's region?

Actually, I don't know how I feel about the possibility of postgame Hoenn. Mostly because it makes me think of Gold/Silver, which had postgame Kanto, which is awesome and all, but for some reason everyone (including Gym leaders) is now running around with Johto pokemon? This makes me worry because I do want to see a Hoenn remake, but I don't want to see Team Aqua/Magma running around with Lampents and Jellicents. I also don't want to face Tate and Liza with the possibility of Reuniclus and Gothitelle. Also, How high can they possibly make the levels in Hoenn? I mean like, you beat the elite four in Unova, and suddenly everything is level 60. Does that mean elite four in Hoenn gets level 100s? That would be absolutely ridiculous. And not just like the last ones, but like Phoebe might and Sydnee even, if you think about it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not sure I want game constructs to instantly have level 100s. Even though it would add so much difficulty to the game, I'm just not sure if Gamefreak would do that, mostly because their target audience is like kids from the ages of ten-twelve or something like that. (meaning I don't actually know, don't quote me, information is subject to being inaccurate etc., etc.)

But I do like the concept they've introduced here.

Tl;dr, I want Hoenn remakes, but not in a Gen II style.

YES.

I think these will probably be like a third version with a rework of the original plot, but also with more plot added. But I wonder if you'll have to give up the chance to get whichever dragon Kyurem is now bound to - since Kyurem is the "skeleton" of that original dragon that created Unova, it follows that Kyurem and the respective version dragon were once part of either White Kyurem or Black Kyurem, so to get the new mascots won't you need to give up both Kyurem and whichever dragon it is mixed with?

Anyway, I like how they're surprising us this time. Instead of a third version, Grey, we get blindsided with a two version sequel. :D I hope they expand on Challenger's Cave and the legendary supposedly residing inside - probably Keldeo.

I don't want a Hoenn post-plot just for the fact that I'd like a full new version with Hoenn, though I wonder if they're even doing remakes this generation. We can't be sure, now that they threw a wrench in what we thought was an established system. Hopefully they do - the new graphics in Gen V and the mechanics would all very nicely fit Hoenn.

I wonder... will the new dragons be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric respectively? or could we possibly get the first three-typed Pokemon? :o The former is more likely, though.

I wonder if we'll ever get one with all three combined, like the original forme?

Yesssss. I'm really hoping they bring back the follower Pokemon from HG/SS. I miss that and would love to see it back

I wonder... will the new dragons be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric respectively? or could we possibly get the first three-typed Pokemon? :o The former is more likely, though.
Probably not. I'll bet Kyurem will just keep its Ice-type and instead only gain access to the unused Ice attacks.

Back
Top Bottom