• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCoD WSC: Rules

Tropiking

Welcome to the first of hopefully many editions of the weekly spriting contests, or WSC for short. I posted week one a little early, just so people can have a little more time for their entries.

This is how the contest works.

1. Each week I'll give a theme and a medium (scratch spriting, fusion, revamp, etc.).

2. Everyone is permitted one entry and the dimensions MUST be no bigger than 80px by 80px(Unless otherwise specified). I will be the judge on if an entry meets the qualifications or not.

3. Once your entry is submitted, only minor edits will be allowed. This includes slight outline tweaks, shading edits, etc. All edits must be approved by me. Once entered, you cannot change your entry entirely, so make sure you like your sprite before you enter.

4. All entries must consist of one sprite, banner, etc.(Unless otherwise specified) Sprites cannot be animated unless otherwise specified.

5. All entries must be created specifically for the contest. You may not use something that you have already created.

Ok, once the week is up, there will be an initial set of polls. Anyone can vote for their favorite entries even if they did not participate in the contest. You cannot, however, vote for yourself.

After approximately 3 days of initial polls if there are 6 or more entries the top 3 contestants with the most votes will go to a champion poll which will last another 3 days. If there are enough entries to warrant more than one poll (In other words, around 10 and up.) the top 4 entries will move on to the champion poll. Whoever wins the champion poll will win the contest. If there are 6 or fewer entries the winner of the initial polls (which will still last 3 days) will be the winner.

Finally whoever wins the contest will receive a place in the Hall of Fame which will be made sticky and will be up soon. If you obtain a place in the hall 3 times you will receive a bronze trophy. By winning 7 times, you will receive a silver trophy, and a gold if you win 10 times. (Don't worry; the trophies will not be something I put together in 5 minutes.)​

Last edited:
Re: TCoD WSC: Week 1

So, we have to use pixel art, no graphic renders? Does the pixel art have to be made by us? I'm talking about pixel art that is available to the public for use with/without credit.

With the voting- How will you know people didn't vote for themselves? I'm sure you know people aren't that honest- I'm even going to admit that I would probably vote for myself anyways, since you can't read who voted for who.

But nice idea anyways, I hope a mod agrees to sticky it. I'll be certain to enter this if I can.

You should really think about updating your sig. When was the last time you really changed it? =P

You don't have to use pixel art if you don't want to. As for what kind of pixel art, you can use stuff from cards, official artwork, or you can entirely scratch the pixel art.

You can't see who voted for who on here? You can on the Serebii forums which uses almost the same format as here. I guess I assumed wrong. Oh well.

As for my sig, I just can never think of anything new to put in it. =)

Actually, if you designate it as a public poll, you can see who voted for who.

You should probably find a different mod to help you with this; I am notoriously unreliable.

@Blastoise428: Great! Can't wait to see your entry.

@Sandstone-Shadow: The sprites that you use must either be official game sprites, from Pokesho, or scratched. If you choose to scratch them, they must be new.

So for example, we can or can't take a bunch of recolours or splices and make a banner with them?

EDIT: Never mind.

Signing up as well.

Also, I have a question. If you make a mistake that goes against the theme (not enough sprites, too big, spliceing instead of scratching etc.), can you re-enter once the entry is disqualified?

Ahem... not that I plan on messing up...

Yes, if you completely mess up on the theme you may submit a new entry. This only applies if you do not meet the qualifications for the respective week. Good question.

I guess sign me up.

This'll be a good way to practice. Hopefully my banner won't completely suck.

I'll give this a shot.

Banner4.png

Good luck to you all!

By the way, Tropiking, do you want it as three separate images for linking, or is it fine as one image?

Yea, if you could split it up that would be great.

@everyone: You don't have to include the rules or the Hall of Fame in your banner, seeing as I forgot to make that a requirement. If you want to though, please split it up into 3 sections, so I can attatch links to each section.

Back
Top Bottom