• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress The Role-Playing of Suzumiya Haruhi

Dark_Pikachu

Can I Has Some Friez?
My first fan fiction. The anime is Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
Comments are very much welcomed.

The Prologue:
In the clubroom, the whole brigade is there. Haruhi is browsing through our site while Yuki reads through her book as always. Mikuru wears her usual maid outfit while making tea for us. Itsuki and I play a board game which is our own way of making time pass by. Things were going on just fine, with nothing out-of-the-ordinary happening. Silence was present around the room when all of a sudden, the door blasted open. All of us looked attentively at the door.

Haruhi: Welcome! How can we help you?

Mizuki: There is a play that will take place three hours from now. The problem is we don't have enough participants to match the roles in the play.

Haruhi: So what is it that you want again?

Mizuki: We have five roles that are yet to be taken. I would like to ask you guys to join the play. That is all I need to say. I have to go now, we still need to practice.

Before any of us could say anything, she quickly closed the door and left. All of us except Haruhi sat there flabbergasted and amazed. However, Haruhi sat there with a wide smile on her face. I looked at her signature smile and I quickly knew what was on her mind.

Kyon: Let me guess; we will participate in the play, won't we?

Haruhi: This is a chance to publicize our club, the SOS Brigade!

Kyon: How can we manage to practice our roles in just three hours!?

Haruhi: It will work itself out. Don't worry too much.

Kyon: Sigh . . .

Haruhi: Does everyone agree with me?

Itsuki: Count me in.

Haruhi: How about the others?

Mikuru raised her hand in approval and also, Yuki nodded. However, for me, I disagreed. Well look at the situation; we need to practice our roles in just three hours. Three hours! Since it was the majority decision and also because Haruhi will just drag me in, we went out of the clubroom to practice for the upcoming play.

We reached the gym where the participants were practicing after five or so minutes. Miyuki, Takako, Mai, and Mizuki was there practicing their song.

Wait a minute! If a play has songs played by a band, then I suppose this a musical play.

Mizuki: So will you participate in the play?

Haruhi: You bet.

Mizuki: Great. Hurry, we don't have enough time left.

Kyon: We'll do that but first tell me what is the title of the play? What are the roles that we can take?

Mizuki: Okay. For your first question, the title is "Hidden Feelings". For you last question, we need
one person to check the lighting of the stage during the play, one for a maid and for the role of the
assassin and the princess.

Itsuki: Count me as the one who checks the lighting.

Haruhi: For the maid, Mikuru will take it. Right, Mikuru?

Mikuru: Oh, okay.

Mizuki: Now we have the maid who is Mikuru and the lights man who is Itsuki. All that is left is the two main . . . uh for the princess and the assassin. Since Kyon is the only one left who is male, he will have to take the role of assassin.

Kyon: Sigh . . . fine.

Mizuki: That just leaves Haruhi and Yuki for the role of the princess. So who wants it?

Haruhi quickly approves for her being the chosen princess. However, Yuki also nods which probably means that she also wants the role.

Mizuki: What do you think, Kyon?

Kyon: Hmm . . . wait don't ask me; you're the one who organizes this.

The role of Juliet should go to Mikuru I thought because it really suits her.

Mizuki: Since Yuki is quiet and anti-social for most of the time, Haruhi can take the role. It will be fine
since you and Haruhi are quite close.

Kyon: What about Yuki? What is her role?

Mizuki: Actually we just needed four persons. I made a mistake when I was counting. Sorry.

Haruhi: Hmm . . . why not make her a stage accessory?

Kyon: Stage accessory?

Haruhi: You know the ones who just stand or sit there and say nothing. She will be like a decoration for the stage.

Mizuki: Yeah and because she is silent all of the time, it will work out just fine.

Haruhi: Now that that is settled, give us the scripts and costumes so we can now practice.

Wow, she seems to be enthusiastic about this. Anyways, we started practicing for three hours. I found out that Taniguchi, Kunikida, Tsuruya-san, and Emiri Kimidori are also participating in the play. We practiced for three straight hours, only taking breaks for a minute or two. It was very hard to do because of the short time that is given to us but still we managed to break through and memorize our lines. It was kind of fun.

After the allotted three hours, now the time has come for the play to take place and a lot of people already gathered inside the gym. Just seeing all of the people present to watch makes me uneasy and tense. Someone suddenly taps my left shoulder and I quickly turn around to find out who was that. I saw Haruhi wearing a beautiful dress for a princess. She quickly entered the stage and played her role. As she was doing so, I observed her. She was giving it her best effort; it was very evident on how she acted. Then I appeared at the stage and the ending was nearing. The play was wonderfully done as it nears the ending. By the way, when we were practicing, Mizuki never told us how the play will end. In the script, there was never any ending shown. Anyways, I said my last line and the play was supposed to end there. But still the narrator continued her line and I found out that I have a kissing scene with Haruhi.

WHAT!!?

I looked back at Mizuki. She was smiling as if she was the mastermind of all this. Well, maybe she was really the one who planned all of this.

Sigh . . . here goes nothing.

I looked at Haruhi who was just as surprised as me. I acted the last scene of the play. As I kissed Haruhi's soft lips, light engulfed us. It seems the kiss was too much and because of that, her reality-altering powers went out of control. We were then sent to a world of adventure and quest that I will surely never forget.

The Bandits' Lair:
The SOS Brigade is a group made by Suzumiya Haruhi to take on quests about supernatural things. She is a knight and the leader of the Brigade. She wears a chain-mail under her tunic and uses a broadsword for battle. She always wears a yellow hairband. Asahina Mikuru is the healer of our group. She wears a beret and white dress covered in frills. She uses a wooden staff and a rosary to heal her allies. Nagato Yuki is our spellcaster. She uses elemental arts unlike Mikuru who uses healing arts. She is also a close friend of Mikuru. She wears glasses and violet robes. She uses a book, which contains the incantations for her spells, and gloves, which is enchanted by magic. Koizumi Itsuki is our sharpshooter. He uses a long, elven bow. He wears a brown vest under his green coat, both of which is made of leather. Lastly, I'm Kyon, a master thief, an agile fighter holding two short blades. I wear a leather hood and a chain-mail. All of us came from distant lands. Haruhi came from the Kingdom of Cynth and was trained in swordplay. Mikuru and Yuki were students of the school of wizards. Itsuki mastered archery. He didn't say where though. As for me, I was trained in secrecy. Outcasts as some may say. When I was kid, I was given different tasks of assassination. From kings to ministers, I just did what they say. Okay enough about us; let's get on with the story.
For many years, the kingdom of Cynth was disturbed by bandits. They stole jewelry, killed people and committed other heinous crimes. The king was bothered a lot because of the seemingly unending complaints of the people. He already sent numerous warriors to catch them but all of them failed. Then he called us. But Haruhi didn't care because it doesn't contain any supernatural or stuff that interests her but the king added that a big stash of gold in store for anyone who captures the leader of those bandits. This piqued the interest of Haruhi. And that's why we are here now, riding a caravan to Cynth.

Haruhi: How much longer before we get there?

Kyon: About halfway.

The one who is driving is me and next to me was Haruhi. Mikuru is currently giving out some refreshing tea for us. That's pretty thoughtful of her, isn't it? Anyways, we are just a peaceful group who comes passing by on the road to Cynth. Nothing weird happens. We are already 2/3 of the way. We are almost there.

Haruhi: I wish something would happen right this instant. It's so boring.

Just as Haruhi wished, arrows fly through the air.

They are aimed for us! I thought.

Before the arrows hit our caravan, Mikuru used her magic to create a shield.

Haruhi: Quickly, to battle!

Kyon: Fine.

Mikuru, Yuki & Itsuki: Yes.

As Mikuru's shield dispels, we engage our enemies. They seem to be the bandits that we were searching for. They use metal clubs with spikes for melee battle. In an instant, the battle started. There are twenty bandits that need to be disposed of. I start to blend myself to the shadows while Haruhi goes all-out, swinging her broadsword around. Because of my speed and agility, it is as if I am invisible. Suddenly appearing behind my enemy and silently killing them. With just the two of us, half of the bandits were left dead while the rest were finished of by Itsuki with his fast and rapid shots. The battle didn't last even for ten minutes; however there was one who was left. Haruhi points her broadsword at him and all the while Itsuki was ready to fire at any moment. I appear behind him and also put my blade on his throat ready to eliminate him if there is hostility. Immediately, he drops his club and dagger. We all relaxed.

Bandit: Wait! Wait! I surrender! I surrender!

Haruhi: What do we do with him?

Kyon: Let's take him to the king.

Haruhi: Yeah, yeah.

Again, we continue our path to Cynth. Mikuru gives out some refreshing tea to our "hostage".

She is truly kind I thought.

After a few minutes, we reached our destination. We are currently in front of the gate of the Kingdom of Cynth. After a few moments, they opened their gates to us. I saw Cynth, the place where Haruhi was trained, for the first time. Different sized buildings and various shops and taverns; I park the caravan to the side and we continue onward. The guards assisted us across and towards the palace. A lot of citizens walk across the town; from normal citizens that inhabit the kingdom to knights that protects the peace and order. After walking for a quarter of an hour and enduring the constant complaints of Haruhi, we eventually reached the palace. A tall castle stood behind the silver gates. We went inside the palace. The inside is so big like a maze. Without the guards guiding us, we would be lost in here indeed. We went towards the throne room. There the king sits on his throne, seemingly happy to see us.

Haruhi: Hey king how is it going in here? Any changes?

King: Welcome SOS Brigade. I recognize you, Suzumiya-san. You are our country's first female knight. You are most welcome here.

Haruhi: Yeah, yeah. By the way, these are the members.

Itsuki: Koizumi Itsuki, a master archer. It is an honor to meet you.

Mikuru: Asahina Mikuru, a mage of healing arts. It's nice to meet you.

Yuki: Nagato Yuki

Kyon: She is a mage of elemental arts. I am Kyon, a swift and agile fighter.

King: It is wonderful to meet all of you. Now about your task, it is unknown where they are hiding. I planned to just wait for them to attack then you will eliminate them but let one live. We will capture him and make him tell where they are hiding.

Haruhi: That is not anymore needed. We have this.

Itsuki: We caught one of their members when they attacked us.

King: Excellent. Now let us interrogate him.

Haruhi: No. Not just yet. First let us talk about the reward.

Kyon: Hey we haven't even started the task yet.

Haruhi: So how much do you intend to give us?

As usual, she only hears what she wants to hear. The king then orders one of his servants to bring in the stash of gold, a brown chest with gold outlines. Haruhi quickly opens the chest. Inside is the unthinkable wealth that we could gain. She then agrees to the king request. Maybe she thinks that we could easily do this mission. Just like Itsuki said "There is a strong string of trust from Haruhi towards you." And we interrogate the bandit who in return refuses to say anything. That bandit is very loyal to his lord that we cannot even get him to say his name. We were on the verge of giving up when Yuki came and touched his forehead while looking at him blankly. Suddenly, he said aloud the information.

Bandit: He has a base which is located somewhere around the woods outside the kingdom. He has an army of 154 bandits. They use spiked clubs for battle. It has only one entrance. His favorite food is noodles. He also has a pet cat and . . .

Haruhi: Okay we got the information. Now let's go and get that reward.

King: Wait, before you go, take with you 30 of my men into battle . . .

Haruhi: We don't need them. We take care of them with no help from your soldiers, right?

Itsuki: Yes, ma'am

King: Then could you do me another favor? Could you silence this bandit?

Bandit: I like flowers. I polish my club and dagger everyday. I always do exercises before going to
camp. I helped an old lady cross the street yesterday . . .

Kyon: He seems to be a refined warrior with a clean heart. You could train him as one of your soldiers.

I gave Yuki a nod then she touched his forehead again. He turned back to normal with no memories of what has just happened. The king immediately asked the bandit to apply as a soldier of their kingdom. Strangely, he didn't give a second thought and quickly said yes. As we left the palace, we saw him training to be a knight. We returned to our caravan and left the kingdom. I'm kind of happy for him since he found where he should really be.

After a few moments, we reached the woods where the Bandit base is supposedly located. Then, we separate into two groups to look in different directions. Haruhi pulls out five sticks with different tips, two of which has a colored tip while three without. Then each of us gets one. Hopefully, I could be teamed up with Mikuru-chan and walk around the forest for a while. I picked one then looked at its tip. It is colorless which means I will get in a team of three. Wishfully thinking again, I could get teamed up with Asahina-san. I look around to see my groupmates; Mikuru got a stick with a colored tip and so as Itsuki. Then that means I will be grouped with Yuki and Haruhi.

What a bother! I said to myself.

Before, we departed Itsuki wore his plastic kind of smile that he always shows. Bastard, if anything happens to Mikuru, Death will stalk you. Anyways, let us skip a few events. Nothing happened much in the search, we didn't find anything. Yuki just read her book while Haruhi acted as a detective looking for secret passages and stuff like that. Then time passed by and we went back to the starting point.

Haruhi: Unfortunately, we didn't find anything. How about you two?

Itsuki: We didn't find anything also.

Mikuru: Um . . . I found something quite interesting.

Haruhi: What is it?

Mikuru: I think I found a sign which says "Bandits Lair" while we were searching.

Itsuki: Really? Hmm . . . isn't it kind of strange that the bandits would put a sign in order to locate
their base?

Haruhi: Yeah, he has a point.

Kyon: First let us check it out. Mikuru, do you still remember where you found that particular sign?

Mikuru gave a nod and she led the way. We followed her and found the sign that she talked about.

It is true I thought as though being amazed at their simple-mindedness.

"Stupidity at its best." This is a quote from someone whom I can't remember. Anyways, we followed the sign which led us to the entrance of their base. Fortunately, there are no bandits that guard the entrance. We enter the facility. Suddenly the entrance closed. I knew that this was a trap. But there weren't any bandits.

Kyon: That's strange. I expected a lot of bandits to charge at us in numerous numbers.

Itsuki: That is also what I thought.

Haruhi: That doesn't matter. Let's just take out anything that stands in our way.

Kyon: You mean you don't have any strategy planned?

Haruhi: No.

I let out a big sigh as I put my palm on my face. Being the leader of the group, she should have a plan or some kind of strategy. It is very typical of her to go all-out in any battle. We follow the path towards the end of the base. A huge tent awaited us but still no bandits. Isn't this the bandit's lair? If it is then where are the bandits? They should have attacked us by now. If it isn't then why did the entrance close? Despite the questions in my head, we enter the tent only to find a beautiful girl held captive. Mikuru recognized her and they quickly greeted each other.

Mikuru: Tsuruya-san!

Tsuruya: Mikuru-chan~!

Kyon: You know her?

Mikuru: Yes. She is my childhood friend.

Itsuki: Then I suppose, Yuki knows her.

Yuki: . . . no.

Tsuruya: I'm Tsuruya, a close friend of Mikuru and we met when we were still young.

Mikuru didn't tell me anything about her having a childhood friend. She is indeed pretty. She has green knee-length hair and has a fang-like tooth exposed on the left side of her mouth. What intrigues me is she wears a maid costume but I dare not to ask. While we were conversing, Haruhi kept looking around the tent. Something still bothers me.

Kyon: Hey, Yuki don't you think that maybe the bandit, that we caught, lied?

Yuki: That is unlikely to happen. I made use of my spell which makes the target reveal all that he
suppresses.

Kyon: Then this is indeed the bandit's lair.

She didn't answer but gave a nod. After a few moments, we decided to go out the tent. Awaiting us was the bandits who were ready for a battle. We draw out our weapons to engage them. Unfortunately, Tsuruya-san is without weaponry. Haruhi charges away from the group towards the ambush. If we don't have a strategy, then I'll give the orders myself I thought

Kyon: Itsuki, Mikuru and Yuki, stay close to Tsuruya and protect her while Haruhi and I will be fighting on the front.

Mikuru and Itsuki: Okay

I leave them and follow Haruhi into battle. Haruhi already took out ten of the bandits and still going strong. I blend into the shadows and take out several bandits. I appear behind and take them into the soothing arms of Death. Slowly we advance, about 1/3 distance from the entrance. The path is narrow and there is only one path. Still Haruhi and I are still going strong, not the slightest hint of tiredness. At this point Yuki started to use some of her spells to aid us. She didn't want to use her spells recklessly so she uses it when necessary. "Second Raid" I heard Itsuki say as he fired three magic arrows towards the crowd. It swiftly pierces through, taking out three straight rows of bandits. It also took out a bandit that almost hit me. Since there is an interval of one second before I could blend back into the shadows, then there is a possibility that I could be hit by my opponent. I continue the fight and advance. Now we're at 2/3 distance. Tiredness is showing on Haruhi and me.

Kyon: Mikuru, cast heal on the front.

Mikuru: Yes.

Immediately, I regained my energy. There is an interval in between spells so Mikuru could not cast many at the same time. She then starts her second heal. Before she could even finish the spell, Haruhi got herself surrounded with no way to escape. She far off from any of us so help could not come easily and the nearest is me.

This happened because she is so reckless I thought

I head towards her location, parrying the attacks of my opponents. One of the bandits leaps towards Haruhi. This isn't good; I'm a still a distance away. This is like a check in chess. Suddenly, an arrow flies through the air hitting the bandit in the chest.

Sigh that was a close one I said to myself

But still this is no time to be rejoicing. Itsuki cannot fire a dozen and more arrows at the same time; there is an interval in between his shots. If all of them charges at Haruhi, then that's a checkmate. But good thing I'm given a bit more time to lessen the distance. I'm halfway through, a little more then I could close the gap between us. They all took the chance and charged at Haruhi at the same time but still Mikuru's heal is halfway from being cast. I didn't want to use this technique but still it is better to regret something you done than to regret something you didn't do. I swiftly move towards Haruhi. In an instant, I materialized at her side. I bite the handle on my blade while still holding the other in one hand. I carry her on my right arm. "Hurricane" I spin around rapidly, creating a whirlwind around us. It sends the bandits flying through the air. But since we are in the 'eye of the storm', we weren't affected by the wind that stirred up. As the winds calms down, I leap towards Mikuru and the others.

Haruhi: Thanks, Kyon.

Kyon: No problem.

I landed beside Mikuru and the others

Itsuki: Great work. We'll take care of her.

Kyon: Yeah, thanks.

After a few minutes, we got to see the entrance. Just a little more then we could escape. Still, the number of bandits is many. The first to get to the entrance is Itsuki. He turns back and fires arrows to help us. Then Haruhi and I come next, followed by Mikuru and Tsuruya while lastly, Yuki.

Itsuki: Hurry, I can't deflect them any longer. They are too many in number.

Kyon: Its okay we're all here.

Itsuki: Hey, Yuki-chan, come on.

Yuki: Carry on and I'll just tag along later.

Itsuki: You sure?

Yuki: . . .

Itsuki: I'll take it as a yes.

She did not respond however she started chanting one of her spells. "Frozen waters that rain from the sky, I call upon your power . . . Blizzard" We turn around to escape. As we do so, a cold breeze is felt behind us. I look behind to see what happened but I only saw Yuki catching up and with no trace of the bandits on her tail. We climb up the caravan and travel towards Cynth.

After a few moments, we returned to the entrance of the kingdom. As usual, the guards opened the gates for us and I parked the caravan at the side. We walked towards the palace. After a long walk, we arrived at the castle. The bandit, that recently became a knight, greeted us and waved. He seemed to be enjoying his new position. We entered the palace and went to the throne where the king awaited us.

King: Welcome back, SOS Brigade. How was your mission?

Haruhi: We took care of all the bandits but, unfortunately, the bandit lord wasn't there.

King: Ah, indeed I expected that.

Haruhi & Kyon: Huh!?

King: The former bandit, who is now a knight, was the bandit lord. It seems that he was just forced into the position.

Kyon: Then why didn't you just inform us?

King: That's kind of a bother so I didn't do so.

Haruhi: Anyways, how about the reward?

King: It is here but first tell me about that girl in a maid outfit.

Mikuru: Her name is Tsuruya and she is my childhood friend.

King: Is that so? Any friend of Haruhi's friend is welcome here.

He then orders one of his men to bring in the stash of fortune. The chest stood in front of us. Immediately, Haruhi opened the chest and looked inside. The chest is filled with gold. All of us gladly accepted it. We left the palace as we waved goodbye to Tsuruya, the king and the knight as we left.

Mikuru's Left Eye:
We didn't leave the city. In fact, we just bought a house for a base. Its not that big. Its quite small. It has a dining room, two bedrooms and a restroom. The dining room is separated into two parts. The kitchen and the dining area; the dining area has a long wooden table with several chairs on the side. Everyday we meet up there. For a week, nothing happened weird. Mikuru went to see Tsuruya each day after the meeting. Itsuki goes outside the kingdom to do so he can do his work. Yuki stays in the house to read quietly. I always go to the knight to train him and myself. "A sword will rust if not used for a long time." All of our work is of normal people. However, Haruhi wanders the kingdom to find rumors about anything supernatural. There was peace that could have lasted if not for one thing. One night, we were all called to gather at the base. When I came, I saw Haruhi and Yuki there waiting.

Kyon: Why did you call me this late in the night?

Haruhi: I found something interesting. There's a rumor that I heard. We should look into this

Kyon: You know you should just call us tomorrow, not at dead midnight.

Haruhi: This is the time to show off my detective skills.

Kyon: And again you don't care a bit about my opinion.

I sighed as I took a seat. We waited there. After a few moments, Mikuru and Itsuki entered. There is something that bothers me; why is Mikuru with Itsuki? Resting that thought, we continued the meeting.

Kyon: So what is that rumor about?

Haruhi: A black knight wanders around. It is said that he travels around locating something and anyone or anything in his way, he will destroy. He is known as "Paladin of Destruction" and "The black knight".

Kyon: So you want us to search for him?

Haruhi: Exactly.

Itsuki: It's fine with me. I have nothing better to do.

Kyon: I hate it when you agree without a second thought.

Haruhi: Then it is settled let us search right this instant.

Kyon: Wait! Right now!?

Haruhi: Yeah, why?

Kyon: It's the middle of the night. Ah nevermind lets give finish this quickly.

Then a knock was heard from outside. Mikuru hurried to the door when suddenly the door blasts open. It gets destroyed into pieces and in place of the once fine door stood a knight in black armor. A sharp piece hits Mikuru in the eye. I strive forward and strike his chest without a second thought. I strike again then again. I did so with all my might. I look at his armor. Not even a scratch; such strong armor and he didn't even step back! Itsuki and Yuki went to Mikuru's side while Haruhi strove forward to protect her.

Itsuki: Mikuru-chan, are you all right?

Mikuru: Yeah.

Kyon: Bastard! What business do have with us?

Haruhi: That is the rumored Paladin!

Black knight: . . .

We kick him out of the room and take the fight outside. He takes out a large blade. It surprises me that he could carry that bastard blade. Haruhi strikes first then followed by me. Like dancing with a beat, we strike with rhythm. A harmonious pattern created by the two of us. But the knight didn't care; he is like a sitting duck. Unmoving and static; after a few moments we stopped for moment to rest, jumping back to keep distance. He is still unmoving. Wait just how strong is his armor? He suddenly moves, still carrying his bastard blade. He lifts it with ease and smashes it into the ground. He slowly walked towards Mikuru, dragging his blade through the ground. I was still out of breath but Haruhi suddenly charged towards him. She swings her sword towards him. A loud sound could be heard as metal clashed metal. But the Paladin seemed unfazed and swings his Bastard Blade. The flat part of the blade hits her and she flies far across. He then lifts his blade, rests it upon his shoulder and continued towards Mikuru. Without thinking, I rushed towards him ready to strike. But something stopped my movement when I was about to strike. He lifted me up above ground with just his open hand and threw me away. I landed hard on my back near Haruhi. It seems he want to eliminate Mikuru and doesn't want anyone to hinder him from doing it. Only a few meters before he reaches Mikuru; Itsuki started shooting arrows at him. But the arrows just bounce off his armor. He reached Mikuru. He lifts his blade high, ready to strike.

Kyon: Mikuru!!

Before the blade could hit her, she suddenly opens her wounded eye. A beam of destruction is emitted from it. It goes through and hits the knight. Such power that she beholds. It is like a ray in geometric terms. It starts at one point then extends seemingly endlessly. After the smoke cleared up, there wasn't anymore any evidence or trace of the Paladin of Destruction.

The next day, Mikuru and I with Tsuruya went to get some specially made contacts. As we went there, Mikuru kept her eye closed. If she opens it, then the beam will be emitted. We reached the place where the contacts was specially made. As we waited for the contacts to be placed, Tsuruya and I talked about what happened.

Tsuruya: I still remember that incident before.

. . . . . . . . . .

Mikuru and Tsuruya were trained to be famous mages. They were trained together. If they were apart, they would not take the training seriously. They proved to be eligible to be masters of wizardry. They were forced to separate when Tsuruya needed to study elsewhere, far from Mikuru. That was the time when Mikuru met Yuki. She also proved to be eligible to master witchcraft. At a young age, they graduated together. Before they separate ways, Yuki gave Mikuru a book of spells which contains a collection of different information about witchcraft and wizardry. A few months later, Tsuruya went back to see Mikuru. She showed her the book that Yuki gave her.

Tsuruya: This is a rare collection of spells and stuff. I never saw a large collection like this.

Mikuru: Really!?

Tsuruya: Yes. Let us try one . . . hmm this one.

Mikuru: But this looks dangerous.

Tsuruya: We'll just try it out.

After many drastic attempts to persuade her, they tried it out. They looked at the details. For a normal and average wizard, it would not be possible to impose this but the two were not just ordinary kids.

Mikuru: Are you ready, Tsuruya?

Tsuruya: Ready as always

A moment of silence then a flash of light enveloped them and the field of grass that they are on. The spell was beginning to form. All was going fine when danger approached. They made a slight mistake and it shifted from a healing spell that can bring ease into a curse that one would bear for a lifetime. After they finished it, Mikuru smiled at Tsuruya, like saying good job. But she noticed that Mikuru's eye was bleeding and went to check it out but when she opened her eye, suddenly a large beam is emitted from her eye.

. . . . . . . . . .

Tsuruya: I used up all my magic to seal the curse. After that she could open her eye again but I knew that a seal would not last long.

Kyon: So that is what happened

As we finished the conversation, we went to see Mikuru. She could open her left eye again without the beam activating. We left and said thanks to the professor. As we went back to our base, we saw the "bandit knight" with his armor torn to pieces. When we asked what happened, he responds with a smile and says he doesn't remember.

That's weird I thought

We went on towards the base. Unfortunately, the base, which took a third of our fortune to build, was destroyed and was no more.

Last edited:
Eh. Scriptfic.

I'll be honest: I love Suzumiya Haruhi, but I completely lost interest when I saw you didn't put in the effort to properly format dialogue. I get that it's your first fic, but please invest the effort in making it readable.

Back
Top Bottom