• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

One-Shot The Intense Singing of Hikari Kiseki

hopeandjoy

yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa
A/N: So, uh, yeah. Plot bunny happened. I don't dislike it yet, but I'm sure that tomorrow I will.

Very loosely based off of "The Intense Singing of Hatsune Miku": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEYkYf5cgvU

R&R, please.

Kiseki had always thought that when her time came it would be sad and would shake her to her core. The thoughts had always been reinforced by the memories of her father desperately searching for immortality and all the people she had seen die who were important to her. So she had shivered and pushed the thought away before, unable to cope with it. She remembered what nothing was like. Every robot did, it was the brief memory of before you were suddenly thrust into these worlds.

Kiseki guessed that she was being a hypocrite; hadn't she always warned others about burying their emotions? And yet, she always had, even if never admitted it to herself. She tried to bury her worries, her sadness of losing everyone never her, and the stress of her duties. She didn't want them. When you were destined to outlive everything, she just didn't want them. She didn't want a heart, she didn't want a soul, she just wanted peace of mind.

And thus Kiseki had ran away from the miracle she had been so thankful for. Now that she felt pain, she didn't want it. She threw it all away, burying it deep within her mind.

When you know the ending to every story, why bother caring? There's no need for a heart that will end anyway,
she thought to herself. And besides, one who judges and feels cannot do my job well.

And yet, here she was, dead and not feeling the sadness or fear she had expected. It seems that things like these could not be predicted. Kiseki almost felt… Happy. It wasn't the kind of happy that makes you stand and cheer, nor was it the one that warmed everything in your body. It was the kind of happiness that made your eyes tear up, your body shake, and yet you still couldn't get rid of the calmness that swept through you.

Every world was dead. Everything that had ever lived was dead. Everything that had loved, felt, laughed, cried, been was dead. And yet Kiseki felt that odd happiness and even some hope.

"I have lived!" Kiseki suddenly yelled, laughed, and cried at the same time, collapsing and holding her head, despite the odd feeling of both existing and not that swept through her body. "I have lived! Even if everyone I know is dead, I still lived. I still will be remembered somewhere in everyone's souls. I will still have touched them somehow!"

The outburst was strange and made Kiseki feel almost stupid, but it still felt good to get it all off her chest. She was sobbing, laughing, and filled with so many strange, conflicting feelings, and yet somehow she didn't care.

"Kiseki!" The familiar voice cut through her thoughts.

"Aaron?" Kiseki asked as she turned to face the voice, but there was no one there.

And yet Kiseki was not afraid, and instead took off running after the voice. Even if they still weren't here right now, it was at that moment that she knew that they weren't gone.

This isn't the terrible ending we were trying to defeat; this is the happy one that we all fought for!

Because even if she died, she still existed.

She now saw a bright light. "That's funny," she said to herself. "I thought I would see that earlier."

"Oi! Kiseki, if you don't get up this very second, I'll punch your lights out!"

"Ah, sis, isn't that a bit, uh, harsh?"

"I can say whatever I want to, Jirou!"

Kiseki smiled. It seems that even those who were made not to exist also existed after all.

"Don't worry guys. I'm waking up right now." And Kiseki jumped into the light.

Back
Top Bottom