• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Experimental Kittens

Hey, I figured I would try and give a few tips (it's sad that a lot of artists post here and recieve very little feedback).
I see in your last drawing you made her pose more dynamic, rather than the sort of... stiffness of your earlier ones. That's good! I think you should try to draw some more exciting kinds of poses, maybe with characters running or bending over, rather than just standing straight. It teaches you a lot about anatomy.
Also, since you're using markers, I think you should try to draw larger. Try drawing twice as large as your last and see what kinds of details you can fit in there. The lines are a bit thick for the size of it (guessing from the size of those squares, here) which can make the expressions look a bit plain and/or disproportionate.

Also, this was in your first post (the persona kitten) and maybe a bit late, but the neck is unusually thin in the front and side face closeups. It seems to be the right thickness in the drawing at the top of the page though. Kinda struck me as odd!

Anyway, good luck in your endeavours, I'll try and drop in later and post more comments if you like. (: Keep practising!

Thanks for the tips! Running isn't my strong point, but I do try... sometimes. Walking is a bit better, but I always have trouble with the arms. I've been working on the cats too, and I think I worked out the issue in front view, but I haven't drawn a cat in profile in such a long time! Maybe I'll draw my cats.

I know why you draw on notebook paper. IT MAKES THE DRAWINGS LIKE, NOT CROOKED. (Yes, I always draw on notebook paper.)

That, and because I can't generally make myself bring blank paper to school, where I usually draw. My bag is already very heavy without it.

I have been drawing a lot, but mostly stuff from a book I'm writing with a friend, and I wouldn't even think about revealing those to the public (plus they're kinda mediocre). So, have a combination of old stuff and semi-new stuff!

Vulpix sketch.

I sadly couldn't take a single good picture of this. My room has terrible lighting. This is the cover for a fan comic I'm doing (the subject of my obsessions is The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, if anyone's wondering). I'm actually going to color this! When I get around to it.

Evil insane psycho Espeon!

Giratina sketch.

I never realized how much I like cows until I drew this! :D Cows are surprisingly cute.

If I ever find a way to take better pictures of these, I'll replace the current pictures with new ones.

Quick update because...

I got a tablet! :D And so this is the first thing I drew with it. It still kind of sucks though, since, as I implied, it's my first drawing with a tablet. Does anyone have any advice that might make it easier?

Oh, Little, you really are improving! I love the Maeror one. The people are all so cute!

Lame commenting is lame.

Back
Top Bottom